Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Sim Update 4 (1.16.2.0) is now live!

Just now, PlumCrazy said:

They will always recommend emptying your community folder.  I don't blame them, as it prevents users blaming the sim/update on what are often in fact issues with 3rd party mods.  But they have also said updates do not touch the community folder, so emptying/renaming/moving it has no real impact on the updates.  I can say from my own personal experience, I have never had an issue with updating and I have never emptied or moved my community folder prior to doing updates.  If after an update, I start seeing CTDs or inconsistent behavior from the sim, I start disabling suspect mods until I narrow down which one(s) are causing issues.  This process is very easy, since I use an add-on linker program.

Depends on what add ons you put in your Community folder.  With the wrong add on that doesn’t comply with the latest patch, MSFS may  not load.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I just noticed that a new version of the GTN is available. v13 was INOP.

NEW Compatible Versions.

• Basic: 1.0.18
  • Premium: 1.0.14
Edited by DJJose
  • Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Currently doing a flight on the JF PA28 and the newly updated GNS530. So far, so good. 

Cheers :)

N.-

Anyone else getting a decrease in fps with the latest GTN750 enabled?

I just confirmed that the GTN750 is turning my sim into a slide show.

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I think the M$ download server is fubar.  Got a looping file at 35... restarted, loop at 23... restarted, loop at 5... restarted.  Now I'm just stuck at "Please Wait...".  Think I may have to wait for the Europeans to go to bed.

Based on all the flight dynamics changes listed, it's probably a good idea to remove aircraft mods from the community folder.  I doubt they'll crash the sim; but will likely result in some odd aircraft behavior until the mods are updated.

4 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

In the MSFS forums, the official post for this patch still recommends that you empty your Community folder.

And yet the release notes within the sim only ever say:

5 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

RELEASE NOTES 1.16.2.0
Please move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title if you suffer from stability issues or long loading times.

So the vast majority of people, who likely never visit the official forum (or the likes of AvSim), will only ever see the advice to launch with an empty Community folder if they have a problem after the update. Asobo really need to be consistent with this. Personally, I forget to 'empty' the folder with Addons Linker more often than I remember and haven't had an obvious issue, but that's not the point.

Edited by 109Sqn
typo

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

8 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

So the vast majority of people, who likely never visit the official forum (or the likes of AvSim), will only ever see the advice to launch with an empty Community folder if they have a problem after the update.

Which is correct!  No need to empty the folder in advance of the update. 😉

• Like 1

Bert

The autopilot seems improved... flew the M20 Mooney, and small nudges to the yoke no longer upset the AP!

😀

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Bert

57 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I take it ATIS is still broken? 

You see nothing in the release notes, yes the ATIS is still broken. Already reported pending.

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

8 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Which is correct!  No need to empty the folder in advance of the update. 😉

Maybe so (and I personally agree), but why then does the official forum say:

Do I need to do anything with add-ons in the community folder? 

We highly recommended that you move the content from your community folder to a temporary location on your hard drive before applying the patch and replacing after testing the new version.

(My Bold). That was my point, contradictory information.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

43 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Anyone else getting a decrease in fps with the latest GTN750 enabled?

I just confirmed that the GTN750 is turning my sim into a slide show.

Nope, seems to work OK.. 😉

GTN750 in the M20 Mooney.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

1 hour ago, Aristoteles said:

If this thread is not full of rants in about...1h, this patch must be the most succesful in FS2020 history XD

What I don't understand  is there was a very clearly written  in the release notes,  of the all  things the patch addressed,  Immediately  a few people  start asking if something that isn't on the release notes anywhere, is fixed by the update???????

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310