Sign in to follow this  
hanhamreds

REX Real Global airport textures

^^ who knows. Thats what i have as well. What i dont like is that Rex has come along with a "New" texture pack with no comparison shots that i could find anyway. Just a bunch of screenies from places and saying these are new textures. Really. What did said textures look like before applying the "New" texture pack. 

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

1 minute ago, Riah069 said:

^^ who knows. Thats what i have as well. What i dont like is that Rex has come along with a "New" texture pack with no comparison shots that i could find anyway. Just a bunch of screenies from places and saying these are new textures. Really. What did said textures look like before applying the "New" texture pack. 

Yeah im keen to see side by sides

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Keirtt said:

I do understand the hesitation. WeatherForce was released with less than satisfactory reception from the community. 

Rex Weather Force was pretty much a day one buy for me when it was released. However, I haven't used it since they upgraded and moved their servers

Three reasons:

1) The default live weather has improved significantly since 08/2020

2) Rex Weather Force, IMHO, still has harsh weather transitions. You could be flying in clouds and then, suddenly, it all clears up. MSFS seems to do a better job in (pre-) loading the weather around you as you fly. 

3) It's another program you have to have to start and have running in the background. MSFS live weather is pretty much a set it and forget it, and also quite accurate (compared to when I look out the window or look at webcams - my, admittedly, "unstudy-level way" of judging weather addons. 

JMHO.

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 3

So does this just affect default airports or does it override the textures in custom airports as well?

4 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

So does this just affect default airports or does it override the textures in custom airports as well?

u hope it does not.

but i really want to see comparison pictures lol and i want it in the ingame store.

6 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

This will not affect custom airports if they utilize their own assets. The majority of airport devs use their own.

• Like 1

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Ill just leave this here. Zinertek Simmarket sales page.

K0G3tT7.jpeg

I'm trying to start an argument on this but Rex knows there is a competing airport texture mob out there selling.  Zinertek puts comparison shots up so you know what you are paying for. So please REX do the community a favor are do the same thing, instead of people paying you money, then going nah dont like them that much and not able to refund.

Edited by Riah069
  • Like 5

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

30 minutes ago, timest said:

This will not affect custom airports if they utilize their own assets. The majority of airport devs use their own.

Does that mean that developers would be able (both legally and practically) to use REX textures in their own projects?  

3 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

Does that mean that developers would be able (both legally and practically) to use REX textures in their own projects?  

Any airport developer can use either the existing Zinertek or the "new" Rex textures pureply by using the MSFS2020 default textures for their runways and aprons..   however, most add on developers use their own textures so they get the colours right and the correct fonts  and runway and taxiway markings etc on the replacement airports..  which will be untouched by either method of texture replacement.

Graham

• Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

Anyone know if there's a free mod that improves the airport/runway textures? Don't fancy paying for something like this personally, thanks.

• Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

Any airport developer can use either the existing Zinertek or the "new" Rex textures pureply by using the MSFS2020 default textures for their runways and aprons..   however, most add on developers use their own textures so they get the colours right and the correct fonts  and runway and taxiway markings etc on the replacement airports..  which will be untouched by either method of texture replacement.

Graham

This ^^^

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Bought this, trying to download via the download manager but it hangs minutes on ... 0%. Switched of my Windows Firewall.

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

1 minute ago, Rene_Feijen said:

Bought this, trying to download via the download manager but it hangs minutes on ... 0%. Switched of my Windows Firewall.

Please contact me via PM.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

After contact with @timest GAT downloaded very fast via the rexaxis support site. Installed fine, and will now try how it looks. I also had Zinertek installed before (removed it first now of course).

• Like 2

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

1 hour ago, Riah069 said:

I'm (not) trying to start an argument on this but Rex knows there is a competing airport texture mob out there selling.  Zinertek puts comparison shots up so you know what you are paying for. So please REX do the community a favor are do the same thing, instead of people paying you money, then going nah dont like them that much and not able to refund.

I fixed your sentence the way I think you intended it to come across....

Anyways, I think in the end it will come down to personal preference.