Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Rumors say that the PMDG DC-6 is out

38 minutes ago, pstrub said:

Does anyone know how to use the push-back truck? The default one doesn't appear in the ATC ground service window... I'm asking because in one session the reverse thrust wouldn't work while at the gate - no matter how high I revved the engines. I made sure the parking brakes were released, and the reverser handle was also in the correct position, also the reverse indicator lights lit up. Not sure if I missed something here, but on other occasions this worked just as expected.

The beauty of DC-6 that it can push back itself by using prop reversal! I've been using it pretty successfully, except gotta watch out for breaks - push them two hard and tail strike!

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

20 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Thats happened to me at KORF.

For what it's worth, It happened to me at EDLP at a Medium and a Heavy gate, using Aerosoft's free add-on for EDLP airport from the market place. Not sure if this has anything to do with it... Still not enough data on this issue, going to try again later today. Anyway, for now it may just be random.

Any idea about how to use the pushback truck?

Edit: I might as well check the manual about pushback before asking on AVSIM 😉 

Edited by pstrub

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

The beauty of DC-6 that it can push back itself by using prop reversal! I've been using it pretty successfully, except gotta watch out for breaks - push them two hard and tail strike!

And make sure after push back, that all props return to normal operation. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Yeah, that's what I tried - various times successfully, but twice it wouldn't move an inch, even though I made sure I'm in reverse and the parking brake was released. So I wondered whether there's workaround using a pushback truck...

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

4 minutes ago, pstrub said:

Yeah, that's what I tried - various times successfully, but twice it wouldn't move an inch, even though I made sure I'm in reverse and the parking brake was released. So I wondered whether there's workaround using a pushback truck...

Do the reverse lights come on?  

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

Left axis to prop axis, right axis to flaps, the four in between to throttles.
We are lucky the real aircraft also has just a single prop lever, and mixture lever is not really necessary.

Take care to select the first prop axis for each engine, not the 0-100% ones, because they don't work. Also the axes must be reversed.
The TOGA button can be used to engage the prop reverse.

If you live in the USA, you could order 2 more GA throttle levers from the Honeycomb shop. The jet levers function but are not really suitable for this aircraft.

Thanks a lot for this config, makes sense !

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Do the reverse lights come on?  

Yep, they did. And when I throttled back to idle and increased throttle slightly, the reverse lights turned off and the plane moved forward as expected. Like wheelchocks preventing it from moving backwards, but nothing could be seen... I'll check it again later, to see whether it's related to the specific airport / ramp, or if I missed anything else...

Anyway, on other flights I had no issues pushing back with prop reverse just like Rob did in his video, so I doubt I really missed a step...

Edited by pstrub

27 minutes ago, 177B said:

That link does not work for me, I am logged in but get an error file not available...

It is I just DL it. Its been Dl over 500 times and the new version 150+ its working.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

22 minutes ago, pstrub said:

Yep, they did. And when I throttled back to idle and increased throttle slightly, the reverse lights turned off and the plane moved forward as expected. Like wheelchocks preventing it from moving backwards, but nothing could be seen... I'll check it again later, to see whether it's related to the specific airport / ramp, or if I missed anything else...

Anyway, on other flights I had no issues pushing back with prop reverse just like Rob did in his video, so I doubt I really missed a step...

There is a long thread on this exact problem on the PMDG Forum. Several people are having the exact issue you are talking about. 

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/pmdg-dc-6-cloudmaster-forum/130805-reverse-thrust-issues-msfs-2020-steam-version

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

There is a long thread on this exact problem on the PMDG Forum. Several people are having the exact issue you are talking about. 

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/pmdg-dc-6-cloudmaster-forum/130805-reverse-thrust-issues-msfs-2020-steam-version

Ahhhh thanks! Hadn't seen it before! 

49 minutes ago, 177B said:

You can assign all the throttles to one lever on the Bravo, I am sure on any throttle quadrant actually. Just assign one axis to all throttles in device setup.😃

I did not do that I like all throttles individually on the Honeycomb Bravo.

The Warthog has two levers only. It was designed for the A10. Most of the GA users assign  lever #2 to the prop. But the  Honeycomb Bravo 4+2 quadrant looks indeed ideal for the DC 6. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

33 minutes ago, pstrub said:

For what its worth, it is also a good habit to fully push the brake peddles before reverse/taxiïng. In my case they are not always calibrated well and would prevent the plane from moving.

3 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

The only issue I had was cracking each throttle at a time. Using the mouse was cumbersome after so many years  using the warthog for mono or bi-engines. 

There should a way to toggle the throttle to assign it a to a specific engine as required. Now it is all the four at the same time with the Warthog... or the mouse.

With the mouse wheel you can make very precise adjustments, I use it always, even for quick switch flipping.

3 minutes ago, Gerwil said:

With the mouse wheel you can make very precise adjustments, I use it always, even for quick switch flipping.

One minor annoyance to do precise adjustments, indeed important to lower the RPM after starting up an engine as recommended, is that there no tool tip with a percentage.

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 minutes ago, Gerwil said:

For what its worth, it is also a good habit to fully push the brake peddles before reverse/taxiïng. In my case they are not always calibrated well and would prevent the plane from moving.

Thanks! Right, always good to keep that in mind! Anyway, following the thread on the PMDG forum, it might be related to a slight incline in the parking spot, that for some reason has a larger effect than it should. Guess it's ok for the time being (3 days after release) if they fix it soon.

• Upvote 1