Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Rumors say that the PMDG DC-6 is out

15 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The original topic was  rumors say that Pmdg DC 6 is out.

Not sure what that has to do with most of the posts on this thread. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

The original original topic was regarding the *release* of the PMDG DC-6 and all sundry discussion topics about *flying* it, before it was closed due to general poopiness on behalf of one or two members.  Don't be "that poopy-pants guy". 😄

IL2 Sturmovik has wonderful flight and damage models that can realistically simulate landing an A-20, HE-111 or Ju-88 on its belly if you'd really like to go focus on that as a skill. Th'general principles are the same across all metal, multiengine, retractable-gear piston-powered aeroplanes. 

Have fun!

Edited by Stoopy

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

21 minutes ago, RobJC said:

This constant harpooning of topics is really getting old. It is like some members cannot stay on topic to save their life. Starting to feel like an ADHD support group. 

My dear Rob 

I do not know for how long you have been frequenting forums. But know that there is an incontrovertible fact of life : any thread goes necessarily astray after a few pages 😁 .  Be happy that it did not go sideways and south as the thread it is a continuation of . It has been remarkably focused and instructive so far.  But there is that incontrovertible fact of life...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 minute ago, Dominique_K said:

My dear Rob 

I do not know for how long you have been frequenting forums. But know that there is an incontrovertible fact of life : any thread goes necessarily astray after a few pages 😁 .  Be happy that it did not go sideways and south as the thread it is a continuation of . It has been remarkably focused and instructive so far.  But there is that incontrovertible fact of life...

Hard to argue with that. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

53 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I do not know for how long you have been frequenting forums. But know that there is an incontrovertible fact of life : any thread goes necessarily astray after a few pages 😁 . 

That's definitely true, and I've written what you just wrote almost verbatim on forums all over the internet for years.

Personally, my objection isn't to topic drift, but to topic mischaracterization. Changing the subject is fine. But it's not ok for someone to mischaracterize what others are talking about so that they can argue against what people did not say.

As the OP of this thread can I kindly ask you guys to come back to the DC-6 ?

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

51 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

As the OP of this thread can I kindly ask you guys to come back to the DC-6 ?

Hows this Doninque? 🙂

Screenshot-1411.png

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

So hey yeah about that DC-6 - saw this on flightsim.to today, for anyone looking for an MSFS2020-style checklist - from reading the comments it sounds like there might be some collaboration coming on identifying the actual cockpit items too via the smart camera:

https://flightsim.to/file/16797/pmdg-dc-6-in-game-checklist

• Like 3

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Update available. 

12 minutes ago, RobJC said:

Update available. 

DIdn't get an email from PMDG is an update on their site?

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310