Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Rumors say that the PMDG DC-6 is out

24 minutes ago, wim123 said:

you can do even better use the pushback addon here https://flightsim.to/file/15033/toolbar-pushback

Ahhh yes, have it on my list but never really had the need for it. The only plane I fly that needs push-back is the FBW A320, and it has its own pushback tool Now with the lack of reverse thrust in the DC-6 I'll try it!

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

1 hour ago, MorrisMinor said:

I've been looking at this and if there is a slight uphill gradient, the DC6 will struggle to reverse or won't move at all. However, I've also learned that in its day the DC6 would not use nose-in gates nor jetways, but would be parallel parked with passenger doors closest to the terminal. So that will be how I do it and reversing won't be an issue. 

I'm not sure if I want to push the realism that far. And who knows, the Flying Bulls DC-6 might have to park in a spot where pushback is necessary 😉

Anyway, as @eslader pointed out, this is probably a bug in MSFS, as other planes are affected too...

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

4 hours ago, Matchstick said:

PMDG will be selling the DC-6 on the marketplace, thought it likely won't be up there for a few months, but I don't think we have an information yet on whether that means the plane will be available in the console version. My guess is that if PMDG can make it compatible it will be available on the XB but right now that's pure speculation.

Yeah, I can’t wait till all the Xbox users blow up these forums with the PMDG DC-6 questions like: “How do I start the engines posts” etc!  Lmfao!

Chris Camp

Let 'em. We're all here to learn more about flying. I'd bet at least a few of the Xboxers will end up getting interested enough that they'll buy more than one PMDG product.

And their purchases will drive production of other flight sim stuff that we want to buy. So, win-win!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Yeah, I can’t wait till all the Xbox users blow up these forums with the PMDG DC-6 questions like: “How do I start the engines posts” etc!  Lmfao!

I do not see anything wrong in asking that. It means that they try to learn something which is commendable. It is better than to use control-E to start.  

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 6

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

You mean.....engines in real planes are not started with CTRL-E?? :blink: My entire world has just been turned upside down....

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

16 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

You mean.....engines in real planes are not started with CTRL-E?? :blink: My entire world has just been turned upside down....

Well, I do it  sometimes for I am a great sinner but each time with a profound feeling of guilt.

Seriously, there is something to say for starting an engine in nine  steps (not including checking the gauges). I dream of it during my sleep : crack the relevant throttle, select the engine, mixture auto-rich, booster pump on, magneto both, start, (twelve blade rotations), boost, prime. Then the roar. And don't forget to retard the throttle to less than 1000 RPM.  Four times. You don't get that with your 737 hey ? 

So, I certainly will not mock the Xboxers asking how to do it. But I may have  a slight smile looking at their face when they will explained how to do it. 

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, eslader said:

Let 'em. We're all here to learn more about flying. I'd bet at least a few of the Xboxers will end up getting interested enough that they'll buy more than one PMDG product.

And their purchases will drive production of other flight sim stuff that we want to buy. So, win-win!

This post nails it !

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

3 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

We need "new blood". More people we get on board more hardcore development get in return for us

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

5 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

So what? Everyone gotta to start at some point and nobody "born" knowing everything. I started simming from a Japanese flysim on PS2, so am I now a gamer or simmer? 😀

Let's be humble and welcome everyone now no matter what the question is, no questions are stupid.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Looks like some DC-6 have weather radar

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Some of 'em do. The first time I saw the cockpit of a Vision jet my jaw hit the floor. Want to start the engine? Turn a little knob to "run."  That's it. No turning on ignition. No waiting till X%N2 to introduce fuel. No danger of hot starts, or setting an engine on fire 'cause you screwed something up. Turning the knob to run is actually easier than ctrl-E, because you don't have to hit *two* buttons. 😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Waldo Pepper said:

I would be so happy if PMDG released a Constellation.

I would believe A2A would produce a Constellation for MSFS before PMDG would and A2A products ain't no slouch.

• Like 2

Has A2A produced anything for MSFS yet.?

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .