Sign in to follow this  
ar_0

What are your top pick planes?

JF Arrows and Hawk, all are top notch in all aspects for me.

AH Spitfire 1 was good but not impressed with the latest patch, sounds are now weak to the previous and also its bugged on VSI.

Flying Iron Spitfire IX for adding drama from the exhaust stack, other devs please take note. 😁

Milviz PC6 & C310

H145 the most feature rich module and a team who continue to push the boundaries.

And  a shout out for the Carenado Waco YM5, a pig to take off and land, but looks and sounds gorgeous.

Recently:

1. Savage Grravel

2. The modded Bonanza

3. Asobo F/A-18. Love doing valley runs in it! The need for speed…

Looking to get into some warbirds next, but haven’t done any research. Became quite familiar with the P-51 in XP11.

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

For me it's currently:

1.  JF  BAe146 especially flown VOR/ADF/ILS

2.  JF Arrow III

3. FI Spitfire IX for the sounds and VR immersion or PMDG 737 for the challenge 🙂

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

Milviz 310, Sting S4, Zenith STOL. Rarely fly anything else recently although just got the JustFlight Hawk for guilty giggles.

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Looking to get into some warbirds next, but haven’t done any research. Became quite familiar with the P-51 in XP11.

May I recommend:

1. Milviz Corsair

2. AH P-51

3. Flying Iron Spitfire

Honorable mentions:

1. AH Spitfire

2. Big Radials P-40

3. The Reno Air Races Birds (especially the P51, these birds are actually not that bad)

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

3 minutes ago, Dillon said:

May I recommend:

1. Milviz Corsair

2. AH P-51

3. Flying Iron Spitfire

Honorable mentions:

1. AH Spitfire

2. Big Radials P-40

3. The Reno Air Races Birds (especially the P51, these birds are actually not that bad)

Thanks! Been looking at the AH P-51. Don’t think there’s any other renditions of it yet? Got one AH airplane so far (C140) which is of decent quality.

Seems like the Flying Iron Spitfire gets the most praise? (vs the AH one)

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1. Beech-18, 2. Boeing 247, 3. Electra 10, 4. Cri Cri, 5. Constellation, 6. DC-6

Sorry, but I just can't resist...

They're all P3D planes. :-)

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

16 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

On top of that we're all just sitting in a chair in our office or man caves hehe.  Not even A2A is that close to flying an actual aircraft.  Not everyone who sims has time for every little detail of preflight,flight, and post flight.

edit: lol my post did not age well.... as A2A just previewed their cockpit with new engine monitor.  I will agree that A2A, for GA, is probably the closest sim addon to real flying...but that it is still not like actual flying.  It's definitely closer than Carenado for example I'll give that other guy credit there.

I agree 100%

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

1- FSW Cessna 414AW (with PMS50 GTN750+WT)

2- SWS Kodiak 100

3- FlightFX Hondajet

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

8 hours ago, bofhlusr said:

Sorry, but I just can't resist...

They're all P3D planes. :-)

Really?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 hours ago, CFIJose said:

Really?

Yeah, it'll be awhile if at all before the Falcons, Learjets, Phenoms and similar quality bizjets show up in MSFS. The default bizjets in MSFS are half nice. The Longitude is incomplete (eg. missing cabin) and the CJ4 is un-usable to me (fonts in panels unreadable).

• Like 1

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

9 minutes ago, bofhlusr said:

Yeah, it'll be awhile if at all before the Falcons, Learjets, Phenoms and similar quality bizjets show up in MSFS. The default bizjets in MSFS are half nice. The Longitude is incomplete (eg. missing cabin) and the CJ4 is un-usable to me (fonts in panels unreadable).

In that line of thinking you can also say that P3D planes are all FSX planes, because they existed in FSX before existing on P3D, lol. And by the way, default MSFS planes are MUCH better than any P3D default plane.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 hour ago, bofhlusr said:

There are some payware that blow away anything I ever used in P3D. But, you have your choices.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.