Sign in to follow this  
ar_0

What are your top pick planes?

5 minutes ago, Alvega said:

I see. Didn't know there was an upgraded version of the WT G3000. Gonna have to try it. Thanks.

If you buy the H-Jet it comes with a modified version of the G3000. The WT version doesn't have an update yet. I know that they are working on improvements, but nothing has been released.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

26 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

In no particular order;

PMDG DC6 (dev mode only)

Curious why dev mode only?
I bought this plane months and months ago but never actually flew it or took the time to learn it, getting an urge to fly it. 

My current list in this order:
PMDG 737
Fenix Airbus
Carenado C337 sky master 

Edited by flyinpilot212121

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

2 minutes ago, CFIJose said:

If you buy the H-Jet it comes with a modified version of the G3000. The WT version doesn't have an update yet. I know that they are working on improvements, but nothing has been released.

I have the Hjet, but I thought the G3000 was exactly the same as in the CJ4. But as you said it isn't I want to try the CJ4.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Haven't got many add-on planes as yet, but currently they are:

Just Flight Arrow 3 ( non-turbo, but no doubt the turbo version is every bit as nice ).

PMDG DC-6 ( even if I'm not flying it, I like to sit in it ).

Dave Garwood's Hawker Hunter package ( flies beautifully, and it's free and gorgeous to look at).

( Honourable mention to FBW A32NX, which I am still learning )

Edited by Paul K

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

PMDG 737 is head and shoulders above the rest for me at the moment. With how good it is I cannot wait for the 777!

Then the Fenix A320, and the JF Warrior for when I fancy some GA/rl practice!

Edited by Tom Wright
  • Upvote 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

2 hours ago, Alvega said:

Thought it used the same G3000 as the Hjet. Isn't that so?

No.

1 hour ago, Alvega said:

I see. Didn't know there was an upgraded version of the WT G3000. Gonna have to try it. Thanks.

Different

Watch a few videos because the Pro Line is different than the G3000.

I thought you meant this one: It's been a while. LOL

Edited by CFIJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On 7/8/2021 at 9:39 AM, Bobsk8 said:

I decided after years of watching paint dry excitement, ...

Happens to me too. Just curious.  Have you tried something completely different, like shooters ie. DCS planes? They're on sale now.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

A year later:

- RV14A with TDS GTNXi

- C310, with dual TDS GTNXi

- G36 Bonanza with Rob Young mods and WT G1000NXi

Bert

1 hour ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Curious why dev mode only?
I bought this plane months and months ago but never actually flew it or took the time to learn it, getting an urge to fly it. 

It’s beautiful. The cockpit is a work of art. Unfortunately, from what I understand, they built the  ‘pit using a couple of rendering channels that Asobo shut down during a previous update.

This means cockpit performance is not great. However, if you select dev mode and enable ‘use nano vg’ you get that performance back and it performs as well as any other aircraft in the sim.

Edited by DD_Arthur
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

A year later:

- RV14A with TDS GTNXi

- C310, with dual TDS GTNXi

- G36 Bonanza with Rob Young mods and WT G1000NXi

Interesting. The C310 replaced your Seminole. And you selected the Seminole over the Milviz C310 in P3D.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

As of right now - 

Sting S4

C310R

414AW

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

36 minutes ago, bofhlusr said:

Interesting. The C310 replaced your Seminole. And you selected the Seminole over the Milviz C310 in P3D.

Yup, things change... and the C310 in MSFS is much better than the C310 in P3D IMHO..

• Like 2

Bert

First would have to be the Leonardo MD82, with a third party soundpack it is truly a wonderful aircraft to fly, one that I never get bored of!

Second would be a hard tie between the Fenix A320 and the PMDG 737.

Third is the PMDG DC-6, however it is currently uninstalled on my system until PMDG decide to fix the performance issues.

• Upvote 1

However hard I try I just cant make a top 3 list.    I struggle with a top 10 it changes so often!    I'm going to cheat and do a current top 2 and a few tied for third 😉

Bell 47G

C310R

Trislander, Guimbal Cabri G2, Warrior II, Caproni-Vizzola C-22J, Robinson R-44, Grumman Goose

Edited by The Moose

18 minutes ago, shamrockflyer said:

First would have to be the Leonardo MD82, with a third party soundpack it is truly a wonderful aircraft to fly, one that I never get bored of!

Second would be a hard tie between the Fenix A320 and the PMDG 737.

Third is the PMDG DC-6, however it is currently uninstalled on my system until PMDG decide to fix the performance issues.

I’ve been enjoying the Maddog as well. What third party soundpack are you using?

As much as I want to like the PMDG 737, I haven’t been able to configure the controls to my liking yet, seems very sensitive on the pitch axis, but might just be user error. 

Edited by alex86