Sign in to follow this  
Mojave

Part of the world you want to fly but has worst graphics?

1 hour ago, bernd1151 said:

I recently flew around the Indonesian part of Papua along the Sudirman mountain range and the New Guinea Highlands. The scenery itself isn't too bad actually, the problem is all those terrain spikes you still see there. Pretty much kills the immersion..It's much worse than in the Philippines for example. 

PNG is so so. There are many places where the imagery was obviously hidden by clouds and the terrain replaced by the offline texturing.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Anywhere polar, south or north, and anywhere approaching the north. It's all terrible. 

These were the areas I was most intrigued by and most looking forward to. I guess it's quite possible these areas will never improve. 

If I'd been Asobo I would've looked into some sort of autogen for the ground imagery itself rather than trying to interpret the fuzz they were given to work with.

Anywhere in the world..  I've parked the sim until we get trees pretty much back to the horizon.. 

• Like 1

Yucatan Peninsula. There is a Cancun add on at Simmarket that is decent, but the area still needs a lot of work. I haven't checked recently, but the water masks were also missing the last time I flew in the area.

Edited by duckbilled
  • Upvote 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Switzerland has many old snowy wintertextures...the whole year.

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

1 hour ago, duckbilled said:

I haven't checked recently, but the water masks were also missing the last time I flew in the area.

You have them on the eastern shores, around Chetumal-San Pedro

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

33 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

You have them on the eastern shores, around Chetumal-San Pedro

Ah, Thanks for reminding me. I do remember seeing them farther south. I'm thinking farther north so I can fly between Cozumel, Cancun, Holbox, Isla, PDC and Tulum, Merida...

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Ascension Island in the South Atlantic. Runway is part of a busy British Royal Air Base and was an emergency Space Shuttle landing spot. In the sim its a grassy hill.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Maldives.  In reality, the atolls are take your breath away beautiful from the air.  From MSFS, still bags of room for improvement methinks... 

• Like 1

It seems if the area has received a “World Update” it’s good… if not… it’s fairly poor. 

Apart from Japan and Singapore, All of Asia. The Bing data is really out of date. I purchased upgraded Landsat data for Beijing and central environs of China about 7 years ago in P3Dv4.x. That data was considerably more accurate than the present day Bing maps of the same area

Edited by ray hughes
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

It seems if the area has received a “World Update” it’s good… if not… it’s fairly poor. 

I wouldn't say that.  There are many places that could definitely be better (resolution, more recent imagery etc.) but the good ones are not only those which were 'updated'. 

I've been flying all over the globe in places non updated which will most probably never be  Western China, the Indian Subcontinent, Central Asia, the Andes, the Amazon, Indonesia (Java, Sulawesi, Borneo, Flores etc.), Laos, Myanmar, Greece, Israel and Jordan and more. Acceptable to reasonably good imagery not all but most of the times. 

Dominique

37 minutes ago, ray hughes said:

Apart from Japan and Singapore, All of Asia. The Bing data is really out of date. 

Not generally. The place of our house has a big construction site nearby where I can follow progress day by day. Upon release of MSFS it's shown the state around 1 year ago (i.e. now 2 years ago). 

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11