Sign in to follow this  
jlund

Which version of MSFS on X-Box?

4 hours ago, Scottoest said:

Microsoft's "Play Anywhere" program means if you buy a Microsoft game on the MS Store or the Xbox store, your entitlement carries over to the other platform for no charge.  This doesn't apply to people who bought on Steam, because your account isn't integrated into the store the same way.

Oh neat.  I looked at a new one and they're out of stock everywhere hehe.  MSRP is 499 USD but I can only find ones for about 800.  Is there a shortage much like RTX GPUs?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yeah, it's a function of supply and demand constraints. I bought my Series X for $1250 AUD, which is pretty shocking, eh!

Mike Beckwith

14 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Oh neat.  I looked at a new one and they're out of stock everywhere hehe.  MSRP is 499 USD but I can only find ones for about 800.  Is there a shortage much like RTX GPUs?

Yep.

Part of the great ship shortage. main chips are courtesy of AMD and TSMC

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

8 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Yep, as soon as they are in stock, just like the RTX gpu's, they are gone in minutes! Or you have to be really lucky to walk into a store ( Tareget, Walmart, etc... ) as they are stocking them, if they even get time to actually stock them 🙂 It's crazy! Been looking for month's. Now I am over it 🙂 I'll pick one up when the Xbox Y & Z are released 🙂

Edited by in2tech

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

8 hours ago, Highmike said:

Yeah, it's a function of supply and demand constraints. I bought my Series X for $1250 AUD, which is pretty shocking, eh!

What is strange and misleading about the supply/demand issue is that apparantly PS5 and Xbox X have so sold a record number of units compared to previous consoles. The way it is often presented in the media would lead us to believe it is due to supply chain issues or other factors as opposed to extreme and never before seen demand.

To put things in perspective the Xbox X/S has already sold 5.2 million units against 4.26 Xbox One units in the same fiscal launch year thus far. And that's in a pretty short space of time since launch.

The PS5 has already sold 8.04 million versus 7.68 million PS4s in the same fiscal launch year.

So whilst there is a shortage of both consoles due to demand, there are still more of them in peoples hands than there were in previous console launches.

Whilst there is clearly a component shortage affecting availability, what has changed more so is clearly extra demand. My recollection from the previous launch was that availbility wasn't an issue after a few weeks. With this cycle of consoles it is quite the opposite.

So to some degree the question is more why the extra demand as opposed to why the lack of supply? More discretionary income? More middle aged gamers as well as younger gamers inflating the market?

Im thinking about selling the RTX 3080 for the Xbox X. Just waiting to see the final reviews of the xbox performance(which looks solid from the videos) and controller compatibility (does a hotas work w xbox?). Also, waiting for the PC update to see how much better it performs. I can buy the xbox for 600 USD meanwhile I can sell the 3080 for  2400 USd. Someone tell me why this wouldnt be a good idea? 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080