Sign in to follow this  
John Fields

Update is Live!!

Right now downloading 40,29GiB, but in the center of the screen there is an image that says Standard Content 22,92GiB.

I don't understand...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Wow! If all these features -  including the performance improvements - will work this is going to be a winner.

Kind regards, Michael (who will wait for a couple of hours and read your reports)

Edited by pmb
  • Like 5

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

This workaround in the issue list is superb:

•  Textures in Free Flight do not properly render nearing both the North and South Poles  
    • Workaround: Select another location for Free Flight  
  • Like 10

@ John Fields

It's a standard Microsoft ploy to confuse you

• Like 2

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

Just now, John Fields said:

Right now downloading 40,29GiB, but in the center of the screen there is an image that says Standard Content 22,92GiB.

I don't understand...

Same here. 

And the Deluxe update is supposed to be 43.87 GB. But my download is 40.29 GB. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Took the 620 mg file then crashed at 1% on the 40 gb dl.  Restarted and no downloading ok.  10% done, 90% left.  Looks like 2.5 hours for me.

Forgot to empty my community folder.  I've also forgotten to do so on previous updates, so hope it will be OK.  If not, I will empty post update.

Edited by cianpars

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

16 minutes ago, captain420 said:

This is going to be huge now that we will be flying online with X-Box users! Such a great day for flight sim when our "niche" is now becoming mainstream! This can mean a lot of good things for our community now that it's more accessible.

Sorry Sir, that sort of positive attitude isn't welcome here 😄

• Like 4

No update for me until I logged out and manually looked up the sim in the Store.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

Hell yeaa, screen reader added in this update. pretty glad that asobo is helping a small community of blind and visually impaired  users experience  the flight sim.

Edited by hadi
  • Like 4

I've got 40.29gb to download.  27 minutes in we've got 2.6gb downloaded!  Could be a log evening.  If everyone can hold off downloading until I'm down that'll be very much appreciated.  

Anyone knows what they mean with "Plane altitude is different than expected"😕

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

7 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

Downloading at the moment from Store so no information at the moment how big the Update is in the Sim !

BTW: I disabled my Community for the first time so a emty Community is coming up after the first start from FS2020 after the Update - just for safty !

cheers 😉

I suffered from CTD's after the last update, so I've done everything that MS recommend this time to try and get a good install.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

1 minute ago, JSmith2112 said:

No update for me until I logged out and manually looked up the sim in the Store.

Same, anyone having issues logout an find it in the store.

A helicopter with a pilot and a single passenger was flying around above Seattle when a malfunction disabled all of the aircraft's navigation and communications equipment.

Due to the darkness and haze, the pilot could not determine the helicopter's position and course to get back to the airport.

The pilot saw a tall building with lights on and flew toward it, the pilot had the passenger draw a handwritten sign reading, "WHERE AM I?", and hold it up for the building's occupants to see.

People in the building quickly responded to the aircraft, drew a large sign, and held it in a building window.

Their sign said, "YOU ARE IN A HELICOPTER."

The pilot smiled, waved, looked at his map, determined the course to steer to SEATAC airport, and landed safely.

After they were on the ground, the passenger asked the pilot how the "YOU ARE IN A HELICOPTER" sign helped determine their position.

The pilot responded, "I knew that had to be the Microsoft support building, they gave me a technically correct but entirely useless answer."

• Like 17

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

Can someone please tell me how to update in MS Store? Every time I go thru a loop between MSFS and the MS Store because the Store keeps saying "Product is installed". Why won't MS Store just start the update???