Sign in to follow this  
Isaiah53six

Microsoft/Asobo proved they're pandering to console users

Just now, sanh said:

I did some serious vomit inducing panning using Track IR over London and it was fine. I also did it over a forest area somewhere in US. On many panning attempts there was no pop in that I noticed and I am using a 32inch monitor at 4k. On some fast panning attempts I noticed a few areas popped in but it was not that annoying and only happens if I pan very quickly. I guess some people are hyper in front of their monitors with panning.

That's exactly the thing. you don't need to pan very fast, the opposite, look to one direction for few seconds and then look to the other way. It take few seconds to offload the area you are not looking at.

Roi Ben

9 hours ago, Aristoteles said:

Sorry but this thread's title is pure intentional inflamatory bait. on Day 1 after a 40GB patch. It looks like it belongs to Reddit. Men, just hold your breath and carry on, we are all grown ups, aren't we?

Agree with the keep calm and carry on, but have to say although Reddit might have more juvenile posts, Avsim has a bucketload more immature ones.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

47 minutes ago, pmb said:

I was tempted to try it as well (should I be able to buy an X-Box for a "normal" price), but mostly the impossibility of installing any freeware from flightsim.to etc. hold me back. I might change my mind if this will become possible at a point, but I doubt to see this anytime soon.

Kind regards, Michael

Yes I agree, and also payware that hasn't been purchased from Marketplace - so it essentially just installs like a mod into the Community folder. I'd love to be able to use the JF PA28s and also some Burning Blue Design airports I've bought on the Xbox but my guess is that I can't and probably won't be able to even if they do bring them to the Marketplace eventually, without buying them again. Hope to be proved wrong!

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

does anyone know the graphics settings for the Xbox version?  In other words, are the sliders set to ultra, high, medium etc?  Are the settings set or customizable?  thanks

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

24 minutes ago, Isaiah53six said:

does anyone know the graphics settings for the Xbox version?  In other words, are the sliders set to ultra, high, medium etc?  Are the settings set or customizable?  thanks

There are no sliders. Everything's all hard coded graphics wise, the only settings you can change are to do with control set up and assistance.

At a guess I would say it's probably most comparable to the Ultra preset on PC, but with the draw distance turned down quite a bit on the Series S.

• Like 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

13 hours ago, Krakin said:

This is one of the reasons why a lot of people don't have anything good to say about Avsim 😞

Want to see the typical Avsim pitchforkers really lose their tops and go mad?

Add an Xbox Console subsection to the MSFS section of the forums 🤣😭

• Like 2

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

9 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Want to see the typical Avsim pitchforkers really lose their tops and go mad?

Add an Xbox Console subsection to the MSFS section of the forums 🤣😭

I would LOVE this. To really and truly hear the perspective from Xbox users and mainly the ones brand new to the sport.. curious what they think and if anyone at all is excited about learning the extensive controls etc

• Like 1

Regarding the OP - Phil Spencer made the team do it!   😊

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

6 hours ago, styckx said:

Xbox Elite version 2. 

I kid you not. Before the update 

Turn off parking brake = Y+B

After after  = Left on the directional pad

Before update

Flaps: LB/RB

After update: Up or down or the directional pad

And that is just two examples how PC version = ported console version 

Can't you just create a new new controller config and assign the previous button setup?  Before I got my desktop I was using MSFS on my laptop with an Elite 2, and I was word not allowed when they changed the rudder control on the triggers from axis to increase/decrease.  I found it was very easy to go into the configuration and reassign the triggers back to rudder axis and it was back to how it worked originally.

17 minutes ago, Sigwolf said:

Can't you just create a new new controller config and assign the previous button setup?  Before I got my desktop I was using MSFS on my laptop with an Elite 2, and I was word not allowed when they changed the rudder control on the triggers from axis to increase/decrease.  I found it was very easy to go into the configuration and reassign the triggers back to rudder axis and it was back to how it worked originally.

Yes but it's not the point. They took over a years worth of common controller input for PC and said.. Not anymore suckers.. Adapt to console heaven or change it back yourself!

Such an rookie move  

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

17 minutes ago, styckx said:

Yes but it's not the point. They took over a years worth of common controller input for PC and said.. Not anymore suckers.. Adapt to console heaven or change it back yourself!

Such an rookie move  

Is that what they said? Cuz now I have a mental image of them all cackling maniacally in the asobo offices, their eyes glowing red as they gleefully contemplate messing with their customers for some reason.

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 6

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

5 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Is that what they said? Cuz now I have a mental image of them all cackling maniacally in the asobo offices, their eyes are glowing red as they gleefully contemplate messing with their customers for some reason.

Yes, as I was cleaning up the bathroom on my SpyTech microphone I heard it!..

Joking.. Of course. But seriously. They literally took away over a years worth of mentally ingrained controller input AND COMPLETELY CHANGED EVERYTHING

Absolutely infuriating.  And I still can't figure out how to get rid of this STUPID DOT every time I move the camera.  I could have waited another 3 months for them to actually put more forethought into this update. It's terrible on multiple levels. 

• Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Wow. Microsoft is a business and widening the market is smart. And if this update was to "pander" to those you consider lessers - well let me say to Asobo, "Thank you. Please keep pandering." This update has doubled my frame rates, halved my rendering time and made much better use of my CPU. I've been simming for about 40 years. MSFS 2020 is amazing and will continue to grow.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, styckx said:

Such an rookie move  

But it is the point.  You can change it back to work exactly as it did before.  Granted, it's inconvenient, and seems pretty stupid, but it's not hard.  Some of the things they changed can not in any way be changed back by the end user, but this is not one of those.  Take a few minutes, reconfigure, and pretend it never happened.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, styckx said:

Yes, as I was cleaning up the bathroom on my SpyTech microphone I heard it!.... Of course. But seriously. They literally took away over a years worth of mentally ingrained controller input AND COMPLETELY CHANGED EVERYTHING

Absolutely infuriating.  And I still can't figure out how to get rid of this STUPID DOT every time I move the camera.  I could have waited another 3 months for them to actually put more forethought into this update. It's terrible on multiple levels. 

I was just messing with you, but that really was my first mental image. And I even understand the frustration when things are not working; I just don't think that such things are particular to this Sim, and certainly should not be unfamiliar to this audience.

Including the fact that experiences vary widely, and that patience is a necessity

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5