Sign in to follow this  
Isaiah53six

Microsoft/Asobo proved they're pandering to console users

Just now, styckx said:

Yeah. When I first loaded it up I literally said out loud "Why is FXAA enabled now?" But nope..  My resolution is 4k but everything seems to be rendered at 720p

Exactly.  I just had cataract surgery about 4 months ago, and when I first fired up the DC6 last night, it was like I was seeing things before the surgery. I even went so far as cleaning my glasses, before I realized that it was the VC that looked that way. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

7 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Exactly.  I just had cataract surgery about 4 months ago, and when I first fired up the DC6 last night, it was like I was seeing things before the surgery. I even went so far as cleaning my glasses, before I realized that it was the VC that looked that way. 

Thanks boss man for replying. I've been called all sorts of stuff because I have a "NASA PC" over the complete Ubisoft style downgrading of this sim to appease consoles. 

I wouldn't care. IF WE HAD THE OPTION TO TURN THIS OFF. 

Asobo is so weird thinking a gaming console is going to set the standards of a simulator. I don't care it's on console, the more simming the merrier; but dumb down the console and just leave PC alone please. I was so happy before SU5.. Between the graphics and the `Oh, you have PC and an Xbox controller.. LOL we're remapping the entire thing from what you're used too.. Nothing is the same anymore.. Good luck everybody else"

This update is truly awful on countless levels. 

Edited by styckx
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I think we, the PC user, have to pay the bill for the console user. This is what i think, cause c'mon, one simulator platform on 2  completly diffrent hardware specs, that doesn't come together. The Pc's from all of us a diffrent. But a Xbox is always a XBox. So, it is not fish and nor meat. That's it. For example, i always get the shortcuts from the XBox-Controller, no shortcuts of the keyboard. And i even don't own a XBox-Controller. Very strange.

Edited by thomasl123
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, styckx said:

Thanks boss man for replying. I've seen called all sorts of stuff because I have a "NASA PC" over the complete Ubisoft style downgrading of this sim to appease consoles. 

I wouldn't care. IF WE HAD THE OPTION TO TURN THIS OFF. 

Asobo is so weird thinking a gaming console is going to set the standards of a simulator. I don't care it's on console, the more simming the merried; but dumb down the console and just leave PC alone please. I was so happy before SU5.. Between the graphics and the `Oh, you have PC and an Xbox controller.. LOL we're remapping the entire thing from what you're used too.. Nothing is the same anymore.. Good luck everybody else"

This update is truly awful on countless levels. 

Disregard, I posted something about X box s that was incorrect. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

The worst part about this is that they apparently dumbed MSFS down to not the Xbox X, but the Xbox S, which was sold at first in 2001... A 20 year old machine. Think about that, they want the sim that we are using now to be able to run on a 20 year old Console.  Unreal!!!

What are you smoking?

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Xbox S, which was sold at first in 2001... A 20 year old machine. 

LMAO!   Seriously..  do some research on that statement and get back to us...

EDIT:   Hint... it was released less than a year ago.

Edited by The Moose
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The worst part about this is that they apparently dumbed MSFS down to not the Xbox X, but the Xbox S, which was sold at first in 2001... A 20 year old machine. Think about that, they want the sim that we are using now to be able to run on a 20 year old Console.  Unreal!!!

I'm seriously beyond word not allowed off with the X-Box controller remapping on PC

Y+B = Parking braking. NOT ANYMORE

RB+LB = Flaps? NOT ANYMORE

Y+D-PAD up or down = Trim?  NOT ANYMORE

I hate everything about this update and I'm not even getting started about the stupid camera, THE DOT on screen I don't know how to get rid of when I move the camera

I'm ready to reinstall X-Plane and spend 5 weeks redownloading a terabyte of Ortho 

Edited by styckx
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Both Series X and S are new, but Series S is less powerful than the X. 

They've optimized the code for each of them separately I believe.

The problem we have now is that we're running Xbox code optimized for DX12 on PC with DX11. 

As far as I understand, the LOD culling issue would not be as noticeable if we ran DX12 on PC too.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

4 minutes ago, The Moose said:

LMAO!   Seriously..  do some research on that statement and get back to us...

EDIT:   Hint... it was released less than a year ago.

Yeah, you are right. I googled it and it came out 2001 the first time. That was weird, should be 2020. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RXP said:

There is no question a lot of people are observing this and I'm wondering why some are not observing this as much

Because not everyone is equally sensitive to such artifacts. For the same reason many people do not notice (or are not bothered by) the coastline glitch, the terrain morphing, the reverted TAA, the grainy/pixelated clouds and other LOD regressions since release. There are many who think that 4K barely looks any better than 1080p as well.

The discussions regarding this culling technique have unfolded just how I expected. Some do not notice it, some do not care about it, others are extremely upset, and of course this results in flame wars. And before anyone says that this is typical of AVSIM, a thread about this matter on the official forums was locked very quickly.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

And before anyone says that this is typical of AVSIM, a thread about this matter on the official forums was locked very quickly.

That's actually. Terrifying for the future.  

AVSIM while has its moments is NOTHING like AVSIM of the past where if you simply breathed in a thread the wrong way.. BANNED.

AVSIM while not perfect, and what forum is? Has come a long way from the dictatorship of the past.. There is stuff I say on here now I'd never in a million years get away with saying in the past because it went against popular opinion 

Edited by styckx
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, styckx said:

I'm seriously beyond word not allowed off with the X-Box controller remapping on PC

Y+B = Parking braking. NOT ANYMORE

RB+LB = Flaps? NOT ANYMORE

Y+D-PAD up or down = Trim?  NOT ANYMORE

I hate everything about this update and I'm not even getting started about the stupid camera, THE DOT on screen I don't know how to get rid of when I move the camera

I'm ready to reinstall X-Plane and spend 5 weeks redownloading a terabyte of Ortho 

I guess there are way more things that upset you than those three you point out, in this update, Else, it seems overreacting, a bit, maybe,dunno...

• Like 1

Iñigo Bildarratz

2 minutes ago, styckx said:

That's actually. Terrifying for the future.

The thread was locked because people were flaming each other (a lot worse than this one so far), not because people were upset with the trade-off that the optimisations brought. There are others now where the matter can be discussed in a more peaceful manner (and please make sure to upvote them if you think we should be able to disable the culling):

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/slider-to-adjust-disable-the-scenery-culling-reduce-panning-pop-in-and-stutters/426657

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/excessive-lod-pop-in-after-su5/426861

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aristoteles said:

I guess there are way more things that upset you than those three you point out, in this update, Else, it seems overreacting, a bit, maybe,dunno...

Dude. My ENTIRE controller was remapped in the span of a single update. 

Instead of "Hold Y and press up or down on the directional pad" to adjust trim it's now "hold RB and adjust the right thumb stick"

Like seriously.. This entire update was a gigantic middle finger to PC users

• Upvote 1