Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

SU 5: The best and worst version so far

3 hours ago, wim123 said:

i expect people who have these ctd's to try and find the causes of them. thats mature behaviour.

most causes of ctd are addons, and other stuff at userside, only confirmed one in game is the ai traffic now.

Another one is when using trackir5 with the pause function the sim thinks it lost the hardware, that in itself cause detect the hardware again pauses the sim or even worse ctd...

So when using trackir and not using the pause function and also AI disabled it's solved regarding CTD

Confirmed also by MSFS (Sim may crash after connecting / disconnecting peripheral ) that effect has the pause button with trackir 5 😉

Edited by awf

André

Just now, awf said:

Another one is when using trackir with the pause function the sim thinks it lost the hardware, that in itself cause detect the hardware again pauses the sim or even worse ctd...

So when using trackir and not using the pause function and also AI disabled it's solved regarding CTD 🙂

I do not have this with trackir, could it be that you have a hotkey on trackir for pausing/disabling that happens to be the same? I have never had any problems with trackir on MSFS.

23 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

I do not have this with trackir, could it be that you have a hotkey on trackir for pausing/disabling that happens to be the same? I have never had any problems with trackir on MSFS.

Yes I have a button for it very useful 🙂(when doing stuff on a longer flight to pause the movement from trackir, the sim isn't paused) worked in the past.... But see my added comment above...

Also reported @zendesk Request #113279 trackir 5 😉

Edited by awf

André

Just now, awf said:

Yes I have button for it very useful 🙂 worked in the past.... But see my added comment above 😉

I see, but well, this doesn't happen for me. ESC and/or P have no effect on trackir for me. I do start trackir only after starting MSFS, maybe that makes a difference...?

I have not tried TIR with SU5 yet, as I was trying to reduce the variables I was dealing with trying to track down CTDs. Good to know that my pause key bound to my mouse could be an issue. Ugh. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

7 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Absolutely and it is unfortunate that it doesn't seem the path they take if we look back at the recent updates.

They are dealing with a new generation of console as well, and all developers are still working out how to best optimize for it. They might have thought they could apply more things to both, are still figuring out the best balance and will eventually figure out the best way to play to each platform's strengths. With previous console generations there was still an improvement from the first launch titles to the last ones despite the hardware not changing nearly as much as a PC does.

• Like 1

Well - I'm one of the lucky ones I guess...

Ultra settings on all with 1440p monitor. Can't complain about those FPS numbers. And rock solid without any stuttering.

3dxWlQP.jpg

And Manhattan buzzing with people in the air...

p0dvcR4.jpg

• Like 3

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and Intel 665P SSD for games

And O'Hare...

WQ5keWg.jpg

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and Intel 665P SSD for games

15 hours ago, Noel said:

I couldn't agree more.  Thankfully some put the project in perspective and appreciate the absolutely amazing innovative progress thusfar.  Despite flying FSX/P3D for decades, I have flown MSFS far more on a daily basis for a grand total of $119 spent and had by far the most compelling experiences ever.  I really find these persistent whining complainers that things aren't perfect enough for their lousy few $$ and would be more than delighted to see them move back P3D/XP and stay there forever.

Too bad you can't give orders Noel. Other people's dollars are "lousy" and those who do not see things your way should go away, disappear. Neat. 

I'll tell you, someone experimented quite extensively with these concepts in the past century.

It didn't turn out well.

A.

• Like 1

I actually agree with you AD.  We were out celebrating a birthday last night and I had a little too much wine of my own and let my unvarnished feelings shine thru.  Sorry about that everybody.  I still think the perspective is somewhat warped here for a project of this magnitude and I feel many are not appreciative enough of what's been developed thusfar but I understand this release appears to be a net backstep of significant proportions.  I do have confidence they will get back on track for re-optimizing for Win 10.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X