Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Hotfix for CTDs and major issues coming soon

Not sure why I read this thread.  Its depressing. Ive come to the conclusion that no matter what happens,  flight simmers will never ever be satisfied.   Some want top notch perfect visuals, some are ok with it and keep the better performance. The two cannot and will not coexist in the flight simming world without accepting compromise.  The bugs, CTDs all kinds of other anomalies are there but will get fixed.  Except they want it now.  As in yesterday.   Another reminder that it took a few years to get updates and progress like this in P3D and XP.   We havnt reached the 1 year milestone yet. 

• Like 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

18 hours ago, Mark_A said:

So did they actually optimise processes to other CPU threads, like they said they did, or just degrade the sim to make it seems like it was optimised?

Maybe they did both. That's my first impression from those two flights I was ale to do between ctd's 

A.

29 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

Not sure why I read this thread.  Its depressing. Ive come to the conclusion that no matter what happens,  flight simmers will never ever be satisfied.   Some want top notch perfect visuals, some are ok with it and keep the better performance. The two cannot and will not coexist in the flight simming world without accepting compromise.  The bugs, CTDs all kinds of other anomalies are there but will get fixed.  Except they want it now.  As in yesterday.   Another reminder that it took a few years to get updates and progress like this in P3D and XP.   We havnt reached the 1 year milestone yet. 

More precisely, the question is: "Why did you have to make the sim worse without giving the users some sliders to choose as they prefer AND at the same time introduced ctd's, random pauses and other funny bugs?" We were in no hurry: we were enjoying very good flights and were not pushing ASOBO to release anything. Especially half-finished stuff, lower quality content, and bugs.

This is for the sake of accuracy.

A.

• Like 1

when i see there's another  half thats not here (and i personally know quite a few that stopped reading a long time ago) and have less issues and a actual performance boost after SU5 . makes me wonder if we are obligated to join the few that was not fortunate to have better performance and start demanding and hammering down on a table about why this and why that ???? 

Why is it that here we always see a group of people that ignore the group  that have had good performance and demand that things are changed just because their system did not run good ???? 

one thing i learn from actual real AC working with new under development flight instruments software engineers is that one lets called "beta test " group in new instrument units will report a issue they will change one thing and the other will report a different out come . history had teached us that calling the engineers and blasting them over the phone like changes are easy to make or inviting them over to a hangar scream at them IN THE REAL WORLD does not fix anything . 

Making a report or opening a new thread asking for everyone to report the same issues if they have had them makes a better read and MORE FRIENDLY interaction for everyone else thats willing to ACTUALLY HELP . 

Edited by rtodepart

Image removed as image is no longer available.

10 hours ago, CJ1045 said:

Fortunately a lot of the world has moved on from these blinkered views. I am 54 and have both a Series X and a PS5. I use them pretty much exclusively for simming and did so with their predecessors too. For 20 years I invested in the lasted PC tech but I came to realise that I was always chasing performance that was a little out of reach and it was costing a lot to do it. I bought a PS4 and it was a revelation, swiftly followed by an XBOX. I was primarily playing Forza on the XBOX and GT Sport on the PS4. Each console was cheaper than a single graphics card and not even a bleeding edge one. Just before the Series X came out I sold me Xbox One X and the net upgrade cost was £150. So once every five years I pay £150 to get me state of the art console. More importantly that console has stunning performance and very, very few crashes indeed. Further I don't have to play with settings for hours to get a game performing as I want. On the XBOX Series X version of MSFS the ONLY Graphics setting is HDR on/off. That is it. I have just flown the Airbus on it from Schipol to Heathrow and it was silky smooth in 4K. I was looking out of the windows at London as I flew past. Did not see a single pop-up out of any window nor when I flipped for a short outside view look around. I would say the only reason not to use an XBOX for MSFS is linking into external software e.g. Simbrief etc and if you have non-XBOX compatible hardware. If you are happy to stay inside the MSFS world then it is awesome.

CJ

I think we’re agreeing. At least I’m agreeing.👍

8 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

I wouldn’t. It was all about the Xbox version release, the PC update is a secondary product in this case. 

Exactly, why would MS care about the specific PC patch date as long as it didn't effect the XB release ?