Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Hotfix for CTDs and major issues coming soon

17 hours ago, ADamiani said:

We are so lucky to have you now, already judging people after 6 (six) posts.

Welcome anyway

A.

The guy comes here and his only contribution is to teach us a lesson of good behavior and encourage people to leave. Sweet 🤣 ! Down to the bin. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

4 hours ago, pmplayer said:

Do you have your Framework stuff updated to the newest ?

Would look into that..

cheers 😉

In fact, I just got another net. update last night, after a bunch of them last week, so......

Seems a valid thing to check on.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I wonder how much beta testing this hotfix has gone through in the day or two they have had before loading it onto our sim?

Maybe it was all done pre update so they had much more than 2 days 

Thomas Derbyshire

4 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Maybe it was all done pre update so they had much more than 2 days 

So they test a fix that will fix problems in the update, before releasing the update.... Can't wrap my head around that logic. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

And what is weird about this, is that so many have complained about the lack of beta testing and the train wreck some of the previous updates have caused, that I figured this one would be much smoother than the others have been. Wow, was I wrong. My sim went from a smooth running, good FPS, sim to a beta version with multiple issues in one day. 

It's not really that weird.
SU5 wasn't ready on time but Asobo/MS felt releasing something on the 27th was more important than waiting till they had a version actually ready for release.

SU5 would have been approved to production and a code freeze would be needed prior to release.  The patch we are due to get probably was worked on after the initial freeze because they couldn’t get it in time.

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

If software was only released when it was without major bugs we would still be waiting for the initial version to be released - and it would be loaded with bugs. 

Edited by RobJC

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

14 hours ago, Romeo_Tango said:

I hope you are wrong. If you are right, there is no positive future for planet earth.

I think people have been saying that from the beginning too!

BTW planet earth is not in danger, only all that lives on it is.

Edited by Wildblue

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

12 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

It's not really that weird.
SU5 wasn't ready on time but Asobo/MS felt releasing something on the 27th was more important than waiting till they had a version actually ready for release.

Any contract has financial incentives, positive and /or negative, over respecting deadlines. 

Sometimes you have to make a choice between the incentives and the customer contentment. 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

20 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I haven’t read that forum. Too busy modding this one which has been hectic today. I do think if people were face to face the amount of abuse would reduce to a trickle. Only one enforced holiday today. I’m too nice. 😁

As the Mike Tyson quote goes;  "social media made people too comfortable with being rude to eachother, and not getting punched in the face for it"  😄

I'm not condoning violence of course, but I think there's something in that!

• Like 4

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

17 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Any contract has financial incentives, positive and /or negative, over respecting deadlines. 

Sometimes you have to make a choice between the incentives and the customer contentment. 

Is be rather surprised if there was a contractual obligation to release the PC patch on the 27th.

4 minutes ago, JYW said:

As the Mike Tyson quote goes;  "social media made people too comfortable with being rude to eachother, and not getting punched in the face for it"  😄

I'm not condoning violence of course, but I think there's something in that!

I couldn't agree more. 

If all the posters here were in a room talking, it would be much more civilised because of the exact consequence you mentioned.

Same with road rage, people feel untouchable in their metal boxes. Take them out of their cars and put them together as pedestrians everyone is much more polite and apologetic.

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

The blue eyeball with arrow is worse.

And not forget the white dot

• Like 1

Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3 HF1, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ 16MB, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB 360mm, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB ROG, 2 Corsair Force M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390 MB, Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16, Fractal Design Define S2 Vision, Win 10 Home, BenQ 32" PD3200U 4K IPS monitor

A2A, Majestic Q400, Leonardo Maddog, IFly B737

3 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Is be rather surprised if there was a contractual obligation to release the PC patch on the 27th.

I wouldn’t. It was all about the Xbox version release, the PC update is a secondary product in this case. 

Dominique

I keep seeing people acting almost sure that pc will become a secondary thing after the xbox version was released like they work for asobo. 

• Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.