ChaoticBeauty

Hotfix for CTDs and major issues coming soon

3 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

What is HT and what does it ?

cheers 😉

Hyperthreading. You better google it before I try to explain it 😄

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

4 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Thinking about opening a topic in the other section saying how UNRELIABLE P3D has always been...

HaHa - you'll get an upvote from me if you do 😉

• Like 4

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

1 minute ago, DAD said:

Hyperthreading. You better google it before I try to explain it 😄

OK i know what that is, just not checked the HT - THANKS !

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Oh yes and i forget to say that this is realy a fast hotfix; seems the team from Asobo take care and are working hard for us the community !

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

10 hours ago, pmb said:

You must be a jinx and me a lucky dog. We can sure argue about washed out colors and stuff. I've only 3 hours after the upgrade so far, but 0 (zero) CTDs, as much Live Traffic as before and no blurry panels (okay, that's in the C172).

Kind regards, Michael

Lucky you!

I coudn't complete a whole flight yesterday!

I quit till the patch!

Will the washedout appearance also be fixed with the hotfix. For me, it appears like there is loss of contrast with the whole scenery appearing hazy, too bright and bland.

13 hours ago, hansb57 said:

I wonder what all those beta testers did.

MS and Asobo decided to release MSFS bugs and all much to the amazement of the insider/teatasters.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

This update is a disaster after so much of hype. Wish MS/Asobo provides the user the freedom to decide whether to update or not rather than making everyone a guinea pig.

Tha' hatfields and tha' McCoy's! (I haven't decided which one I am, yet)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Well, it's not quite to the point of Star Citizen yet. If you want to really see an unstable game with flying involved...

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

9 hours ago, scotchegg said:

Always appreciate seeing that expression, although preferably kicked off with an emphatic ‘Much’.

Absolute class!  😀  Do you really look like David Niven?

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

This was explained to me awhile back. I have not verified any of this.

A common problem brings on CTD's: An update changes the scenery file system and you still have the old file system scenery in your rolling cache. CTD's likely.

If you just 'delete rolling cache file' to solve the problem, then the whole cache will delete but will now immediately try to restore. Let's say you have 100GB rolling cache, it's going to take a very long time downloading all that from the cloud.

So the wise thing is to temporarily set "Rolling Cache OFF", and then 'delete rolling cache file'. So, once it's deleted go ahead and turn "Rolling Cache ON". Now it will just create the cache as you fly around, bits at a time, in the background, no long waiting.

h5FSDid.png

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

The idea is you now have the new version scenery files in your cache which will not CTD.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.