Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Hotfix for CTDs and major issues coming soon

13 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

An old politician trick... it doesn’t work with an old grumpy fart like me, sorry. 

word not allowed! I was sure i had you! 😄

2 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Not only in the official fourms or here. Even in FB groups. Just earlier, I saw somebody asking about waypoints as he has no idea about them and he wanted to understand what are they and why they have been used, then bunch of comments mocking and making fun of him as a "Xbox user aka gamer". Sometimes this community reaches new low of ethics

Behavior like this makes me very sad, that we old foxes quarrel with each other is one thing, but to make fun of beginners is unforgivable behavior at the lowest level. 😔

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

2 hours ago, badger2000 said:

Oh, and fixing the traffic causing ctd so we can turn it back on again. 

Live Traffic works fine for me..... so far.

• Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

43 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Well, we can also be honest and admit many of the "complainers" (is that a word?) make a point to word their posts in such a way that it is offensive to the users that have no problems. They often seem to forget that a LOT of people are running the sim trouble free. I guess both sides need balance and composure.

I am alright about being called a 'complainer', if that is what I do over a specific issue(s).  That is factual, and I would rather be called that than a child or whinger etc., although I don't let it affect me from coming from the ones I have no respect for anymore anyway! :smile:

But this thing about balance.  If that is what we need, then I wholeheartedly agree.  Maybe lack of recognition or self awareness is the issue, and I am sorry if I have contributed to it.  

So, please help me out here (I am not being sarcastic).  Can you give me an example of 'making a point to word their posts in such a way that it is offensive to the users that have no problems'. 
I am not being funny, I really haven't seen this, and I don't know how it would work.  Maybe that is part of my problem.

You see, if I am enjoying the sim (and believe me I really do most of the time - there are times I have been absolutely awestruck by it), if I saw a thread with people complaining, I would pop in to have a look to see if there is anything I could do to help, but if not, I would feel sorry for them, and leave the thread without commenting on anything; I certainly wouldn't feel offended, or start calling them whingers etc..  So is it me?  Is there something I am not recognising or I am not seeing?  Serious Question!

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I have had it turned on today on three flights, haven't seen any live traffic yet. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Hotfix? Roll back to SU4 would be my preference. I'll take a 10% FPS increase and be more than happy rather than this scunnering nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Is anyone getting ctds from thermal throttling? I haven’t had any yet, but had hardware monitor on for a flight last night and saw one core get up to 91degrees, without an overclock.

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

4 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I tried it earlier, worked ok for awhile, then another ctd, turned it off again, now cannot get past the checking for updates screen.. lol i give up!

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have had it turned on today on three flights, haven't seen any live traffic yet. 

You must be a jinx and me a lucky dog. We can sure argue about washed out colors and stuff. I've only 3 hours after the upgrade so far, but 0 (zero) CTDs, as much Live Traffic as before and no blurry panels (okay, that's in the C172).

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

The flame/flag wars in the official forums had become extremely bad though, with lots of hostility directed towards Xbox users (and at Microsoft/Asobo for daring to release an Xbox version as well). Which makes me wonder why we have so many posters constantly dissing AVSIM.

I suspect a lot of those posters actually are from Avsim.......

Freed form moderation.

Not surprising that the patience is running out.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

9 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I haven't seen any either, but I have heard ATC talk to them, maybe Asobo made them invisible to save some fps 🙂

Edited by Ixoye

2 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Good of Asobo!  After they release this hotfix for CTDs, I hope they can work on that slider so PC users can control how much of the view is culled to reduce the pop-in of distant objects when you change your view to a different sirection.

Does anybody here have an Xbox X with MSFS installed? Is the Options | Controls menu pretty much the same as the PC version?

I ask because maybe the slider isn't there to prevent Xbox X users from using high performance settings which would exceed what the Xbox could display nicely.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

This sounds like fake news.  It wouldn’t be the first time things were said about a hot fix and then there was no hot fix, or it took weeks to deliver.  Hopefully we hear this directly from Asobo sooner than later.

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

2 hours ago, Jeeeno said:

After SU5 it's an Xbox game/sim whatever, ported on PC.

Anyone making this argument is saying they have no idea what they're talking about.  Well, either that or you're intentionally using inflammatory rhetoric, which does nothing but contribute to the heated atmosphere.  The dev team have been very clear that the PC and the XBox versions are one and the same codebase, there is no "porting" to speak of.

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

The biggest problem for me at the moment is not actually the sim, but people on this forum calling people 'negative' or 'whiners' when they are trying to go over the problems they are having.

The problem is, for every reasonable person like you, there is another who is impatient, intolerant, and just looking for a fight.  On both sides.  The sim is not perfect, nor is it total garbage, and anyone holding one view or the other is an irrational extremist.   There there seem to be not many of the former, and a lot of the latter, here at times.

Also, a lot of folks here obviously know next to nothing about software development at the scale of the sim but still seem to have lots of opinions on how it can/should be done and rather unreasonable expectations.   That doesn't help, either.

But I guess that's just human nature.

• Like 3

The people's flag is deepest red.