Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Holy Pottymouth, Batman!

Before SU5 I couldn't even load into Aerosoft's EDLP, without either bringing my sim to a screeching halt, or getting like 5 fps. 

Loaded into EDLP with the CJ4, getting 25 fps on the ground (as per my AMD Radeon Software)!

5SCmit8.jpg

• Like 7

Loading into the plane used to take one round of doing dishes, now I'm barely 3 plates in, and the sim is ready to go. 

This is with an i5, 4 gigs of video ram and 8 gigs of system ram. 

• Like 3

I already have all my addons in there: WT mods, Rex Textures, LatinVFR Arex Europe, etc. and the Aerosoft airport. 

• Like 3

Running a 10 year old i5 processer here and its as smooth as silk.....SU5 is MEGA!!!!

• Like 7

Regards

Paul EGCC

I'm keeping track of a poll..... (How has sim update 5 affected your experience?) and I suspect the number of fairly satisfied people probably pretty handily exceeds those with major issues.

Just the people with problems are much louder, and that tends to drown out good news.

Eh.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

3 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Just the people with problems are much louder,

Typical. Most forums are primarily there for issues and complaints. The happy ones seldom speak up. I try to here and there as my „issues“ are neglectable and overall I am extremely happy what MS delivered and continues to deliver

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

And the moral of the story is that supporting a major software platform on the PC suks.  

Another reason why the console will win in the end.

Regards

bs

• Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

1 hour ago, bean_sprout said:

And the moral of the story is that supporting a major software platform on the PC suks.  

Another reason why the console will win in the end.

Regards

bs

This is probably true for gaming!

But does the console, do my taxes, do my finances, make movie and slide shows, write books, print off pictures and documents, provide email services, online banking, video calls, phone calls?  Don't need to answer the question, The PC has it's place for so much productivity usages AND can be used to fly planes. So in terms of combined usages and benefits the PC is pretty good at what it does.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

4 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

This is probably true for gaming!

But does the console, do my taxes, do my finances, make movie and slide shows, write books, print off pictures and documents, provide email services, online banking, video calls, phone calls?  Don't need to answer the question, The PC has it's place for so much productivity usages AND can be used to fly planes. So in terms of combined usages and benefits the PC is pretty good at what it does.

You’re right.  Your Cel phone does all of the other things 😉

(just kidding .. sorry couldn’t resist)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VFXSimmer said:

You’re right.  Your Cel phone does all of the other things 😉

More like your tablet.....

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Theres defo a trend that the people with low end rigs are enjoying the update more than others who has high end rigs. Just a shame really for the game to look like garbage to help people with 8 year old systems. Never mind 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, FSUK_86 said:

Just a shame really for the game to look like garbage to help people with 8 year old systems. Never mind 

Probably (and I may be wrong) the whole point of SU5 was to make it compatible with Xbox, not to help people like me with older pc's. 🙂

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

2 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

Probably (and I may be wrong) the whole point of SU5 was to make it compatible with Xbox, not to help people like me with older pc's. 🙂

I bet they will update the minimum specs to a potato  and recommended specs to a xbox now 

Just now, FSUK_86 said:

I bet they will update the minimum specs to a potato  and recommended specs to a xbox now 

LOL 

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo