Sign in to follow this  
Cloudpiercing

I'am really not usally that guy....

...who usally whines, but my just over six month new computer that otherwise had handled MFSF perfect with only one CTD under it's belt so far, forced me to do a complete reinstallation (unwillingly of course) of Windows and MFSF and thas beacause of how @rsobos excellent SU5 update stubbornly refused my computer to even start MSFS. So even after endless efforts to repair MSFS, Microsoft Store, the registry etc I'had to give in and reinstall the whole computer.......So finely I'm placed behind my yoke and managed to do a take of and noticed that the abillity to finetone the trim inte the 172 with the Honecomb trimwheel has vanished...and whats up with the colors? I got it to be somewhat better with HDR on but just by a smidge and Stockholm and Helsinki looks like a post zombie apocalypse world?...What The French!! Upgrade my @rse, I'ts so far a dowgrade. Sure I got ca 70 fps, but I was completly satisfied with 50. Greatings from a grumpy old man!

• Like 16
  • Upvote 1

Come here you big, beautiful cup of coffee and lie to me about how much we’re going to get done today.

Many of us agree with you, there are the "defenders" that will jump in any second and try to tell you why you are wrong...

Hold out for the next patch is my suggestion, not sure when that will be, they have a lot of work on their plate.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

Just now, Cloudpiercing said:

...who usally whines, but my just over six month new computer that otherwise had handled MFSF perfect with only one CTD under it's belt so far, forced me to do a complete reinstallation (unwillingly of course) of Windows and MFSF and thas beacause of how @rsobos excellent SU5 update stubbornly refused my computer to even start MSFS. So even after endless efforts to repair MSFS, Microsoft Store, the registry etc I'had to give in and reinstall the whole computer.......So finely I'm placed behind my yoke and managed to do a take of and noticed that the abillity to finetone the trim inte the 172 with the Honecomb trimwheel has vanished...and whats up with the colors? I got it to be somewhat better with HDR on but just by a smidge and Stockholm and Helsinki looks like a post zombie apocalypse world?...What The French!! Upgrade my @rse, I'ts so far a dowgrade. Sure I got ca 70 fps, but I was completly satisfied with 50. Greatings from a grumpy old man!

Grumpy old man have the right of free speech, too, so don't worry 😉 Apart from that your experience justifies those feelings, and I am, too, upset about several changes and/or bugs.

I have to add, however, that while everybody probably had 50 FPS on the default 172 before, it was not the case for the complex payware aircraft (or the FBW A32NX). Those additional 20 FPS have literally changed the game for many users on airliners, since even the most advanced PC before could not handle the A32NX above New York. Now it's like another world opened up.
AND don't forget there is a 737 and an A320 high fidelity coming that probably would not have been enjoyable (or even playable) for a lot of people with average machines otherwise. So the performance gain was absolutely needed, but sure they should have made some changes optional through settings.

• Like 3

I am ALSO not that guy, at least I have never been until this post.  I've been supporting and standing by this product because I do believe it's the right approach in issuing regular updates.  That being said, my first flight after the 1.18.14 patch was very much a letdown, and although I didn't get a CTD it was a slideshow with terrible colors and even my Track IR seemed to be far less smooth - it was just not appealing or engaging in any way.  I actually could not wait to land and end the flight.  This was in the stock Cessna 172 with floats, not some challenging addon plane.  I have a good system that is properly maintained and regularly updated.  Have been doing this stuff for a long time.   

For me, the big advantage of this whole update SNAFU has been in making me realize that I should put a new set of strings on my main player Strat and go catch up on my chops...

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 9

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

4 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

I actually could not wait to land and end the flight.

Honestly, I didn't wait that long, i just hit the ESC key in the middle of the flight.

• Like 2

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

I have to admit I agree with you. I’ve also enjoyed the past year of simming without many issues. I was initially blown away by the increased performance of SU5 (and even forgave some of the extra CTDs I was getting), but now that I’ve spent more time looking out of the window the visuals are really disappointing. The trees, previously, were one of the biggest differentiators between this and other sims, but now they’re barely better than P3D or XPlane, except close-up.

The blurriness of the ground textures (especially further away) makes the whole VFR experience a lot less enjoyable than it was - I’m hoping that it is a bandwidth issue (due to the increased demand on their servers right now), so I’m willing to wait and see on that front, but the clouds — even in HDR — are seriously less impressive than they were.

If they weren’t already planning to revisit the visuals for PC users after this release (they have said several times that they are considering it) I hope that the reaction in all of the forums to this update will make them reconsider their next steps.

I should add, in all fairness, that my experience of the flight handling, low level turbulence and additional shaking effects on takeoff/landing seem to be a big step forward on the previous updates, and I am enjoying that aspect of it. (Interestingly not all runways seem equally ‘bumpy’, and it’s only on the smaller asphalt/concrete ones that I’ve experienced it).

Jorg, Seb etc are good people, with good intentions. They’ve already achieved so much with this platform, and we should give them the opportunity to reflect and fix these issues before we sharpen our pitchforks 😄

Edited by Redge
  • Like 7

I am totally frustrated with the whole thing.  So many issues and regressions.  Never mind the degraded graphics (which they said definitely wouldn't happen). 
The sim seems to have lost its charm somehow, with even the lighting model changed. It did need brightening under the clouds a bit, but something has gone a bit astray somewhere.  (I don't have the benefit of an HDR monitor to try to correct it).

A couple more things I just noticed...  Not saving search airports on map screen (again), height not properly adjustable in cockpit with arrow keys (again).   I had a list too many to mention before that.  Really disappointed. 

Before SU5, I had 30 fps smooth with most things working and great visuals.  I was just hoping the pauses were reduced. 
I now have 45 fps (not really needed), but now I have this frame rate in a sim I don't really want to fly in, and sometimes can't! (CTD's now).

Apart from adding the features in their long wish list, after nearly a year, and such good 3PD products and freeware coming out, I though the core sim was nearly there.  I can't believe they just made such wholesale changes at this stage. 
It is pay day today, and I was looking forward to splashing the cash on some third party addons - but its not worth it at the moment.

I can't see this thing clearing up quickly, so I will now give it a complete rest for a month or two and come back and see what is going on. 

A lot of people are having fun and loving it, I can see, and I am at least happy for you, but everyone is different, and I am fairly disappointed with the changes at the moment.
I will return to it eventually, and I have hope they will fix things up again - I have to, or I will have no sim, because I am never going back to Xplane, P3D or even FSX at this stage.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 7

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

It was like this:

Day 1 - 1st Hour
For every negative post there were 4-5 positive posts trying to counter

Day 1 - 4th Hour

For every negative post there were 2-3 positive posts trying to counter

Day 2-3

For every negative post there were 5-10 posts agreeing, and 1-2 positive posts trying to counter

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

And for every positive post there was an Alpine Scenery post too. 😉 Nah, joking mate. Everything will be sorted out, we are all trying to enjoy our hobby.

• Like 3

Iñigo Bildarratz

I am hearing now that Asobo have found that the temperature at height bug has regressed again, and they don't know how.  Can this possibly be true? 

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

12 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

Last couple of days I also found myself whining much more than usual. Believe me, I'd rather just say "It's perfect" and go fly. 

I had taken a 3 month break from it, came back about 2 hours before the patch. Opened a dev project, it forced me to update, and yada yada. I have stressed discomfort and annoyance at some past patches, but never really felt like they were an abhorrent abomination like this last patch.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

I guess each community has the ultimate defenders that will go mad or super sarcastic when someone complain about issues he got, simply because they don't experience them.

In PC's there are so many variables that can make an extreme different experience from one another. That's why consoles are easier to support. 

I don't think you need to excuse yourself for bringing up your issues. Its not whinning. If some of the defenders doesn't like it he can ignore the post (if he mentally can...).

Roi Ben

every time the ai traffic is injected: ctd.

It seems they need us to be in empty skies and airports. 🙂 

before last update, all was working. 

please, a hotfix of the hotfix of the hotfix of the hotfix now.

• Like 1

PC users are on a "Highway to the Danger Zone".

Post update, occasional long freezes and no CTD.

Post hotfix, 2 short flights and 2 CTD.

I really feel sorry for the developers more than the simmers. Instead of devoting their their time and efforts to improve their products, it is wasted after every broken update.

I am positive the sim will be stable in the future but not sure of the quality.