Clouds, buildings, trees and bushes - Ultra
Texture Res High
AF 16x
SS 4x4
Shadow Maps 1536
Terrain shadows 512

Realtime Traffic On
Ground aircraft 40%

With so many negative posts, Id like to share one I just completed.  Flight from KPAE to T82 using the WT CJ4 latest build.  About a 4 hour flight. Vertical sync locked at 30fps and it never dipped. Completely smooth all the way to taxi in after landing. Using Live Weather, high altitude temps were as reported along with cloud coverage, winds and baro in weather.gov. 

I know that there are some folks having issues but this is an example that not everyone thinks this build is garbage.  This was literally the smoothest flight I've had in this sim since it was purchased when released.

• Like 35

1 minute ago, fmrCXflyer said:

but this is an example that not everyone thinks this build is garbage.

1) If you really are fairly new here, welcome to Avsim!

2) I agree!

3) Prepare for your post to be buried. 🙃

• Like 9

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

My specs are similar to the OP's (see sig)  and just had another great Bush Trip flight in the xCub @ ~60 FPS.  Smooth as glass.

I luv this sim.

Cheers

bs

Edited by bean_sprout
  • Like 7

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Glad you like it, I did too before SU5.

• Like 7

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

If they fix the CTD and loading issues, Sim Update 5 will be a net positive for me.  I am getting 20% to 30% more FPS than before and it’s smoother

The culling I don’t mind since I don’t use Track IR and I don’t change my views wildly when I fly.  Based on my usage pattern, I barely notice the reloading of scenery in the distance.  Overall, the trade off of culling is worth it for the FPS gains I got.  I understand people with more powerful computers don’t want the culling though so I think a slider to control it for more people with powerful computers should be an option.

Asobo just needs to fix the CTDs and loading issues and I’ll be happy.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I agree 100%. Iam now a believer. The fix for me-

I suspended flying on my high end gaming rig and put it back to sim racing duties only. I blew the cobwebs off my old sandybrige pc with a 1080p 19" monitor, spent the morning downloading the sim again and voila, sim is flying fantastic. sim is flying super smooth and the display is to small to see any imperfections. Iam finally in MSFS bliss.

• Like 1

I agree as well, fixes are coming and all would be resonable..

Today a 3h 40mins flight with the 787-10 to a location and after 1h break another 3h 40min back to the home Airport - just beautiful, no CTD after SU5 and the Hotfix and all was OK so far,

and everything else went well too 😎

cheers 😉

• Like 3

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I fly "only" 3 hrs after the Update and 2 hrs after the hotfix, but no issues at bushflying.

And so smoooooooooooooooooth- I love it.👍

I hope my first flightplan will be also work.

Edited by sal9000
  • Like 5

Stephan from Germany

My System

Did my first ever approach into JFK yesterday.  I'd never have bothered normally if I couldn't get 30FPS.  I don't think I've ever bothered flying into Kennedy in my life before, but it didnt miss a beat.  A little bit stuttery on the ground but I had LOD at 3.0 and it wasnt immersion killing. 

• Like 1

Yeah. It is smooth and gorgeous. But, for me, it kind of tends to end with a CTD and the new flavor is ntdll.dll. Insanity. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

After SU5 I changed my settings to Ultra all over the board and some more than that with 8x8 SS (6x6 on default Ultra) and high on glass refresh. Get around 90 FPS with a 1440p monitor and 30-40 with my Index in VR. And not a stutter. Pre SU5 I was on "highish" settings and had some occasional stutters that did not bother me over Manhattan or similar. After SU5 I can go everywhere and it's just silky smooth... And half the load times when starting a new flight. Would never dream of going back to pre SU5 if that was an option. 

It would surprise me a lot if I'm the only one with this experience - but I have a fairly high end rig with a modern AMD CPU like the Xbox. More modern than the Xbox actually that is Zen 2 and mine is a Zen 3. So that's maybe why the latest optimizations seem to work so well for me? I really should try MSFS on one of my son's computers (both have 4790k CPUs, 16 Gb Ram and a 3070 and a 2080 GPU). Odd balance on those with too good GPUs, but hard to get hardware these days 🙂 I guess those old quad core CPUs will struggle a lot more than mine with 12 fast cores...

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and Intel 665P SSD for games

2 minutes ago, mazex said:

I guess those old quad core CPUs will struggle a lot more than mine with 12 fast cores...

Agreed - My 5900x barely needs to wake up to run MSFS.  Intel has left my life. 😁

Regards

bs

• Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Glad to see it works fine for some people. I, on the other hand, can't even go to any part of the program besides the main menus or I get a CTD. Cant fly, cant go into World Map, can't enter the tutorial, nothing; I get an instant CTD.

40 minutes ago, MrDenimLP said:

Glad to see it works fine for some people. I, on the other hand, can't even go to any part of the program besides the main menus or I get a CTD. Cant fly, cant go into World Map, can't enter the tutorial, nothing; I get an instant CTD.

Probably unhandled data my guess.

bs

Edited by bean_sprout

3 hours ago, fmrCXflyer said:

3840 x 2160
Render scaling at 70

Why dont you just go 1440p?