Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

An Open Letter to Asobo post SU5 and Hotfix

@Asobo

Now that we have a functional XBox release, would it be possible to temporarily stop added feature sets, and get the base sim accurate, functionally robust, stable and efficient please? This could be a bi-platform precept… serving both the simmers and gamers collectively.

Without histrionics, I’m simply asking for us to collaborate and patch this undeniably leaky ship, before continually hoisting more sail.

There is no way to avoid the fact that this release has caused severe disruption for some. That said, sometimes the road forward requires burning the boats. Both positions are valid.

Please examine your development process, and perhaps unlike other less historic franchises, please recognize there are individuals and development houses of substance who would only benefit the collective with timely and substantial involvement at each step. Please don’t misconstrue this as an attempt on my part to influence your planned goal posts… we are accepting of your foresight.

We are all on your magnificent journey together and thank you for your perseverance and possible indulgence.

Ta- Carl

PS- Gentle reader, if you are led to post here, please consider your points carefully, be respectful and stay on topic, lest we are relegated to locked status forthwith. Should we present a reasonable, articulate and temperate position, we shall be harder to ignore.

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 24
  • Upvote 9

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Take a poll first IMO.

bs

• Like 6

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

15 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

@Asobo

Now that we have a functional XBox release, would it be possible to temporarily stop added feature sets, and get the base sim accurate, functionally robust, stable and efficient please? This could be a bi-platform precept… serving both the simmers and gamers collectively.

Without histrionics, I’m simply asking for us to collaborate and patch this undeniably leaky ship, before continually hoisting more sail.

There is no way to avoid the fact that this release has caused severe disruption for some. That said, sometimes the road forward requires burning the boats. Both positions are valid.

Please examine your development process, and perhaps unlike other less historic franchises, please recognize there are individuals and development houses of substance who would only benefit the collective with timely and substantial involvement at each step. Please don’t misconstrue this as an attempt on my part to influence your planned goal posts… we are accepting of your foresight.

We are all on your magnificent journey together and thank you for your perseverance and possible indulgence.

Ta- Carl

PS- Gentle reader, if you are led to post here, please consider your points carefully, be respectful and stay on topic, lest we are relegated to locked status forthwith. Should we present a reasonable, articulate and temperate position, we shall be harder to ignore.

My vote: +1

• Like 2

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 hour ago, bean_sprout said:

Take a poll first IMO.

bs

Don't polls exist on the official forums to upvote already?

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Although I do agree with you 100% but I don't think Avaim is the best place for this, this should happen in the official fourms so they can read it.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I appreciate your position but I really do think that @Asobo stops by here fairly regularly… AvSim is and has been “home” and so it is where I decided to pen my missive.

C

• Like 4

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

+1, since SU5 I can not use MSFS2020 anymore, first installation problems, then download problems and now neither MSFS2020 playing nor MSFS2020 reinstall possible, Opened a ticket but after an initial respond no further sign of life, MS store helpdesk has no idea for the download problem, In my opinion MSFS install and update procedure seems to be the root cause for lot of trouble for many users and should be corrected to a stable & functional software system...

The good news is - I have no CTD's now...

Best regards.

• Like 1

Ralf Andreas

This letter despite the best intentions is directly in the wrong direction, Asobo is a video game studio contracted by Microsoft.

Who has the final word and decisions is Microsoft, I suggest you re-direct your efforts towards the right management department so your voice is heard by the correct entity.

S.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 5

10 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

@Asobo

Now that we have a functional XBox release, would it be possible to temporarily stop added feature sets

No. Just no. 

Edit: Yeah, let's tell the WT guys to stop adding features to their G 1000 NXi. That sounds like a great idea! Lol. 

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm sure it's a push/pull relationship as most business relationships are. They both have a say in the process, but Microsoft may have more leverage, but it doesn't mean Microsoft controls Asobo like a robot (just saying, not meaning anything by it).

That said, I tend to think it's a worthy effort, but your chances of the right person reading it are not great, regardless where you send it. Even if they did, the chances are they don't understand the issues. 

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

Are the guys using the Xbox X/S console having the same problems? From looking at their Facebook group it appears they are not. It's my understanding updates are optimized for Xbox users. I don't think the PC user numbers are big enough to be taken seriously 

• Upvote 1

ZORAN

Good question...

They don't have much to compare it to, so 99% of them wouldn't know. You'd need a PC user to play on the XBOX and test it, but not just any PC user, would need to be someone that pays attention.

• Upvote 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

8 minutes ago, zmak said:

Are the guys using the Xbox X/S console having the same problems? From looking at their Facebook group it appears they are not. It's my understanding updates are optimized for Xbox users. I don't think the PC user numbers are big enough to be taken seriously 

I'm using it on both Xbox Series S and PC, and it is very noticeably smoother on the Xbox. I would go as far as to say there is no perceivable lag, dropped frames or stutters at all. Panning around is pure bliss.

Looks wise it's probably about level with my PC which has the settings on High. Maybe slightly sharper looking but I'm not sure if that's just the TV being slightly better than the monitor the PC is outputting to. Draw distance/LOD is about the same. Both are in 1920x1080.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

8 minutes ago, zmak said:

For PC  users, once we heard about the upcoming Xbox version, this has been a significant fear since then.  

A lot of us tried to stay positive about the improvements it would bring.  unfortunately, it has proved to be a disappointment for some of us - not all, but some here have lower expectations and ambition for the sim.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

22 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Good question...

They don't have much to compare it to, so 99% of them wouldn't know. You'd need a PC user to play on the XBOX and test it, but not just any PC user, would need to be someone that pays attention.

you can look at the vids for the series  x, looks very good, so not an issue there, besides you cannot set graphics there.

there is only hdr on/off. but i do wonder why the h the testing didtn find this????

i think most testing was done for the console, hurrying to put it into production..pc came 2nd.

but i also see here people using gefore xperience..wow, that never ever gives you optimal graphics.

stuff will be fixed eventually.

Edited by wim123