Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

An Open Letter to Asobo post SU5 and Hotfix

17 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

but some here have lower expectations and ambition for the sim.

Based on ridiculous comments like this - comments not based on anything even remotely true - I'm thinking of putting together a proposal for a Netflix (comedy) series. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

+1,  But I think your letter should be addressed to Microsoft. this situation would probably never have happened if they had not pressured Asobo with an unattainable deadline to release the Xbox version.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Nice initiative, but don't hesitate to put it on their forum, both in General discussion and in the wishlist if you want to be sure they see it.

Edited by Noooch

14 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Based on ridiculous comments like this - comments not based on anything even remotely true - I'm thinking of putting together a proposal for a Netflix (comedy) series. 

Great!  :biggrin:  Good luck with that - I look forward to seeing it.  We could all do with a good laugh!   You already provide us with much humour.

I notice my hook was set with the correct bait for the intended catch!  :smile:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

This is not a letter that I would co-sign 😉

1/ The owner and vendor of the product is Microsoft not Asobo and "the title" is ultimately driven by Spencer and Neuman. Roadmaps timelines, release greenlights, etc. Asobo integrates its works on the Microsoft FSX engine with the Microsoft products Azure and Bing.  The servers are Microsoft's. 

2/ The third party involvement issue is accessory and has not much to do with the present problems. 

The main issue  is here

would it be possible to temporarily stop added feature sets, and get the base sim accurate, functionally robust, stable and efficient please? 

You don't have anything done when aiming at different targets.

3/ You can't say something and its contrarywhere is the message ? 

There is no way to avoid the fact that this release has caused severe disruption for some.

OR

That said, sometimes the road forward requires burning the boats. Both positions are valid

It is valid to cause severe disruptions ?

4/ And why saying 

Please don’t misconstrue this as an attempt on my part to influence your planned goal posts… we are accepting of your foresight

when you exactly (and legitimately!) want to do that  🤣 ? 

Why ask "the indulgence" of a vendor ? Curtesy doesnt mean obsequiousness 

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

They sell MSFS2020 for PC and XBox, so it should work on both systems. Asobo is the developer of MSFS2020, MS distribute the software in my understanding. So Asobo should be adressed.

Best regards

Ralf Andreas

5 minutes ago, cseu said:

They sell MSFS2020 for PC and XBox, so it should work on both systems. Asobo is the developer of MSFS2020, MS distribute the software in my understanding. So Asobo should be adressed.

Best regards

Microsoft is not only the distributor but the owner of the franchise IP and sole investor in the product. The so-called "head of the product", J. Neuman, is a Microsoft employee. "The bucket stops" at Neuman's desk.  that being said, Asobo has obviously its part of responsability in the present state of affairs.  But hey they have a contract to fulfill ! 

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

50 minutes ago, cseu said:

Best regards

Not really, like Symbol said its all on MS for approving and releasing the update its on them not Asobo.

Edited by jbdbow1970

Could we be missing the forest for the trees?

Maybe the message has more merit than the particular addressee… hopefully @Asobo and @Microsoft are both able to digest the content.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

maybe, just hear me out here, maybe we should consider this the release to the public version 1?  Many have said that 'this is a beta release' for the past year.  So should we adjust our mindset from this point moving forward?

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

On 7/31/2021 at 6:38 PM, cavaricooper said:

@Asobo

Now that we have a functional XBox release, would it be possible to temporarily stop added feature sets, and get the base sim accurate, functionally robust, stable and efficient please? This could be a bi-platform precept… serving both the simmers and gamers collectively.

Without histrionics, I’m simply asking for us to collaborate and patch this undeniably leaky ship, before continually hoisting more sail.

There is no way to avoid the fact that this release has caused severe disruption for some. That said, sometimes the road forward requires burning the boats. Both positions are valid.

Please examine your development process, and perhaps unlike other less historic franchises, please recognize there are individuals and development houses of substance who would only benefit the collective with timely and substantial involvement at each step. Please don’t misconstrue this as an attempt on my part to influence your planned goal posts… we are accepting of your foresight.

We are all on your magnificent journey together and thank you for your perseverance and possible indulgence.

Ta- Carl

PS- Gentle reader, if you are led to post here, please consider your points carefully, be respectful and stay on topic, lest we are relegated to locked status forthwith. Should we present a reasonable, articulate and temperate position, we shall be harder to ignore.

Ditto post the SU6 + Hotfix as of September 18, 2021.

@Asobo- Fix the basics before adding more fluff- please. 

• Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

There are 1000 people working on this sim, many of which cannot fix bugs. What are these people going to do while we wait for these changes? And lets say they did wait, adding these changes later can still cause instabilities. 

Keep moving forward. Keep fixing issues. 

Edited by RobJC
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

2 hours ago, RobJC said:

Keep moving forward. Keep fixing issues. 

The problem is 2 steps forward one step back. We still dont have some basic things pre SU5 fixed, airport history still does not work, they broke the tree LOD, said it was an easy fix, fixed it with...was it SU6? and then they HF and broke it again....and so it goes on.

I dont think they should stop developing it. Let the delelopers keep moving forward. 

But....I agree the constant set backs with every step forward is a very negitive thing. I really dont care if the Asobo team was hurt by the feed back from SU5, its like a guy coming to fix your washing machine and cutting through internet cable and knocking out your Sky TV and saying "well you washing machine now works really well !" "dont shout at me!!!!"

I despair at how long its taking to get back to pre SU5 things that worked and now dont.

IMO the testing is the huge problem, even then, I dont believe the beta testers dont see the problems ita  Asobo just push it out anyway....or are told to.🤬 and think! we/they can fix it later......🥵

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

On 8/1/2021 at 11:59 AM, Ricardo41 said:

Just for the record: here is the first post with disrespectful words ("ridiculous comments") and the usual reference to "comedy". And a not too subtle reference to the fact that things some people say is "not based on anything even remotely true".

In case the thread goes south.

A.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

In the middle of the mediterranian sea, on a VATSIM flight in the A32NX, nice skies, endless view, 70 FPS in 4K Ultra....

Yeah Asobo, get your stuff together and start doing it right!

Otherwise i'm going back to the real sim - P3D. 

• Like 2