Sign in to follow this  
rocketlaunch

What's to look forward to in P3D?

I'm still loving P3dv5 and flying it often. Also, the new FlightBeam Auckland is no slouch. Even if new releases are slowing to a crawl, there is still so much out there to explore.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

6 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

What I was hoping to see on Flight 1’s website is Ultimate Terrain X for Asia. It never appeared. I have Europe, North America and Central America / Caribbean.

What these addons give me in addition to FTX Global and FS Global Ultimate is a very accurate depiction of those land masses. Accurate coastlines and rivers plus ground textures. FSGU finishes things off nicely with detailed mountains.

I’ve disabled the Airport layer for each as the data is so old. But the rest is great and can be recommended.

And each time I fly in a new part of the world I’m not downloading gigabytes of data that becomes worthless if it’s cloudy.

Oh, and finally, AIG Ai. Over 900 liveries plus lots of private jets for just about every airport in the world. Ai brings airports to life - even default ones - and is an ongoing project made by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.

@Ray Proudfoot Very interesting post - Can I check sir, are you also using FTX Open LC in conjunction with FTX Global, FS Global Ultimate and Ultimate Terrain X, or is it just just FTX Global and FS Global Ultimate? I understand that Ultimate Terrain X can be used instead of Orbx Vector and I am eligible to 50% off because of owning v1 of Ultimate Terrain X so was wondering if it was worth mixing the Orbx FTX Global, Open LC and Ultimate Terrain X.

Thanks!

28 minutes ago, krich said:

@Ray Proudfoot Very interesting post - Can I check sir, are you also using FTX Open LC in conjunction with FTX Global, FS Global Ultimate and Ultimate Terrain X, or is it just just FTX Global and FS Global Ultimate? I understand that Ultimate Terrain X can be used instead of Orbx Vector and I am eligible to 50% off because of owning v1 of Ultimate Terrain X so was wondering if it was worth mixing the Orbx FTX Global, Open LC and Ultimate Terrain X.

Thanks!

No, I never bought FTX Open LC. It sounds like an equivalent version of UTX but I could be wrong as I’ve never investigated it. Perhaps owners of Open LC could confirm.

It appears Asia may be coming to P3D in the shape of Open LC from ORBX.

https://fselite.net/news/orbx-openlc-asia-for-p3d-coming-in-2021/

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

No, I never bought FTX Open LC. It sounds like an equivalent version of UTX but I could be wrong as I’ve never investigated it. Perhaps owners of Open LC could confirm.

It appears Asia may be coming to P3D in the shape of Open LC from ORBX.

https://fselite.net/news/orbx-openlc-asia-for-p3d-coming-in-2021/

Thanks - appreciate it. 

The above suggests that the combo (FTX Global. Open LC and UTX will work together).

@krich, UTX Europe is 5Gb when installed. Open LC is 13Gb.

Open LC makes no mention of detailed coastlines but Orbx Vector seems to cover that aspect. Another 13Gb of space required.

Just research each and decide what is more important to you. Orbx software is probably more up to date. The UTX series is years old which is why I disabled the airports. But coastlines and rivers don’t really change much in 10 years. 😉

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

One thing I am looking forward to upon further reflection is T2G is redoing KMCO for P3D. Now that is something I will get the minute it is out. His redo of his CDG scenery was done very good. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

One thing I am looking forward to upon further reflection is T2G is redoing KMCO for P3D.

Definitely.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

2 hours ago, krich said:

Thanks - appreciate it. 

The above suggests that the combo (FTX Global. Open LC and UTX will work together).

That's exactly what I use but I have all the LC features turned off in UTX. My highways, roads, bridges, rail lines, are pure UTX though as well as geography. 

I can easily IFR my native Susquehanna Valley part of PA. From Conawingo Dam to Scranton and State College to the I-81 corridor. No GPS or VOR needed.

• Like 1

The concern I have with MSFS being on Xbox is to do with Multi. On Vatsim everyone is serious about procedure and aviation. Many people try following FARs and real world procedures closely as possible. And that is great for simmers who fly IRL or training IRL. I am concerned in MSFS about sharing virtual skies with kids on Xbox just playing around and using it as a game. Yes, it can be a game but there is no winning, loosing, or points. It is a Simulation of a real life activity, a real life industry even and it should be treated that way when multiple people are involved. Game with it offline sure but follow the book with others sharing the sky. 

At least I know with P3D and XP if online there are people serious as myself trying to get better.

Edited by Gary1124
  • Like 4

Sorry bitte löschen

Edited by holliwutt

i7-10700k 5,1 GHz - 18 GB RAM - ASUS 1080Ti  - Dell G-Sync Monitor

P3D discussion please everyone, not drifting into MSFS.

This may be of interest to VATSIM users.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/604710-vatsim-will-not-support-x-box-for-the-time-being/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Back on the P3D topic,

I forgot to mention I am looking forward to Orbx's Asia landclass but it seems to be very quiet recently however one of the latest Orbx posts from this month confirms that development is continuing.

And... I thought MK Studios had a plan to release a new version of Rome this year but that's gone quiet as well.

And...  while I purchased the DD Narita scenery earlier on this year, I am still interested and curious to see the Zim scenery for Narita release. For me that scenery looks like a masterpiece! 👏

But I am not worried. They will come in good time and I have plenty of destinations to visit already.

Cheers.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

I'm looking forward to Orbx PBI (Palm Beach Florida)

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

4 hours ago, GCBraun said:

Seriously? You are "concerned" of sharing your precious virtual skies with younger people? How is such generational prejudice even allowed here?

First of all, I was a kid when I first connected to Vatsim and including younger generations in the hobby is key to maintaining flight-simming alive.

Secondly, these networks are highly moderated spaces, therefore if people (of all ages) are fooling around, they will be suspended.

Lastly, Vatsim/IVAO will hardly be available on Xbox, as I don't think they have the engineering power to make their services compatible with Xbox Live (unless MS supports them financially).

I just don't want to see publishers totally neglect either P3D or XP in favor of the new 2020. And I hope many younger people do take interest in aviation and want to learn and sim RW style. Sadly, I spoke as a cynical high middle aged guy. 

I just see how in P3D the addon support dwindles as you go from v2 to v5. I would love to see the more prolific publishers revisit existing addons and bring them to P3D v5 standard. Like Carenado and Milviz etc. As is a lot of addons are brought along by user tweaks.

• Like 3