Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Hotfix 1.18.15.0 is now live!

Totally WEIRD but wonderful..

Well, I initially reported that I lost 5 FPS, which I indeed did...but----> with 15 minutes of running the sim is back up to my pre Hotfix 29/30 FPS post Hotfix   ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!   

Does MSFS cache elements of its running that boosts FPS?!?!?!?

So...I have smooth animation. I have my pre Hotfix SU5 FPS gain back...and SU4 (for the most part) like visuals.  So, nothing at all to moan about. This hotfix has certainly worked to clean up the angst since the first drop of the SU5 of last week. Going back to my flight...but so weird,..that I now reclaimed my pre Hotfix FPS readings, by the sim having been active for about 15 minutes. Can anybody postulate why that happened?  Does MSFS internally cache as it runs?  I don't have the CACHE for graphics set to on...so that is not it...but weird, wonderful, and most welcome!

Cheers,

Edited by Sesquashtoo

8 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Its not there.

I get the same thing on PC . I'm sure it's a rolling update. My Xbox updated though. 

Edited by joec63

Semper Fi 

“Fixed missing volumetric lights”

Does this mean just the actual lights on planes? Or does this refer to actual ‘volumetric lighting’ which was broken in SU5?

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, Matchstick said:

Oh not Marathon Man then ! Oops

I also thought it was Marathon Man. Loved that movie.

Edited by Wildblue

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

Wasn't easy to take, but here's a screenshot, again at FL350, at native 4K. Terrain LOD 200, sharpening filter still disabled. Make sure to view the image at full size.

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Screenshot-20

And here's a 1080p crop.

Now the photogrammetry buildings are clearly visible at this altitude. For me there's no comparison, this is way better than before, including launch build.

• Like 18

Just now, joec63 said:

I get the same thing on PC . I'm sure it'ts a rolling update. My Xbox updated though. 

That´s what I was thinking, too. So let´s wait... 🙂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sphynnx said:

Clouds overexposure - same, for me 

Turn off BLOOM, and that should go away...

22 minutes ago, torium said:

OT: 

If you are from Sweden and understand Norwegian - you can learn some tricks by going to Youtube and searching for: Hos tannlegen 

Not gonna lie; I would love to be an endodontist in Norway. Freaking beautiful country. :wub:

EDIT: And I would probably earn enough to be a pilot there in those gorgeous fjords...:wub:

Edited by Swe_Richard
  • Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

3 minutes ago, MarcG said:

“Fixed missing volumetric lights”

Does this mean just the actual lights on planes? Or does this refer to actual ‘volumetric lighting’ which was broken in SU5?

Ai still doesnt have lights 

I don't see the update in the Microsoft Store. I have even tried restarting my machine. It still shows 1.18.14.0 here.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I turn down aerosol faithfully but not in live weather you cant just presets in weather settings helps with over blown visuals - just to way over the top for me - 43" Sony HD 4K TV 🙂 

Rich Sennett

3 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Wasn't easy to take, but here's a screenshot, again at FL350, at native 4K. Terrain LOD 200, sharpening filter still disabled. Make sure to view the image at full size.

And here's a 1080p crop.

Now the photogrammetry buildings are clearly visible at this altitude. For me there's no comparison, this is way better than before, including launch build.

PRAISE ASOBO 

• Like 6

Former Child, Current Adult

Just now, captain420 said:

I don't see the update in the Microsoft Store. I have even tried restarting my machine. It still shows 1.18.14.0 here.

In Updates page, try finding MSFS in the list of recent updates & click on the MSFS logo to see if that launches the update, which is small.

T45

4 minutes ago, michap7 said:

That´s what I was thinking, too. So let´s wait... 🙂

I think I pushed it along.  Go to Store, Click Updates, Find Flight Sim in the Recent Activity and click on it. Started updating

• Like 1

Semper Fi 

Suggestion to all those seeing blurry terrain:

Delete (and rebuild) your rolling cache to prevent loading old data

dont test the “Hotspots” like Los Angeles, New York or London where everyone is heading now and Servers might struggle to provide the data appropriately.

Make sure you turn it back on after you hit delete and let it rebuild again - it will shut it off permanently if you dont

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett