Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Hotfix 1.18.15.0 is now live!

5 minutes ago, badger2000 said:

I said, "Previously, with SU4 it would be single digits to low teens and in the mid 20's with SU5."  I'm now getting 30-40.  Possible a small increase elsewhere in non photogrammetry areas too but it's had to tell.  Certainly no loss of frames and much improved in places.

So you got higher FPS from SU4 to SU5.  Got it. Almost everyone did as well.

i doubt that this specific hot fix has improved FPS for the majority of users (maybe you are the exception if you got an FPS boost from this hotfix because of your peculiar settings or add-ons)..  It was SU5 that improved FPS, not this hotfix.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

For me, everything looks exactly the same as 1.18.14.0

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Just got an update to Skype but no matter what Store still refuses to believe FS has been updated....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yes, it seems like the shimmering scenery and foliage for me which was my biggest complaint, is greatly reduced. 

So the billion ants look on trees has gone?

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Just now, Matchstick said:

Just got an update to Skype but no matter what Store still refuses to believe FS has been updated....

I had to restart the pc 

Just now, abrams_tank said:

So you got higher FPS from SU4 to SU5.  Got it. Almost everyone did as well.

i doubt that this specific hot fix has improved FPS.  It was SU5 that improved FPS, not this hotfix.

As I say, I was getting mid 20's with SU5 at EGLC and now (after the hotfix) about 30-40 so an improvement from tonights hotfix

5 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

You know you're not meant to admit that in public, right ? 🙂

See my edit... :ph34r:

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

2 minutes ago, badger2000 said:

I'm now flying south from EGPN towards Edinburgh.  FPS meter showing 38-40 FPS (which is good for me) and all green which I've rarely seen before. No red at all.

Wow, that's great to read from you.  For myself, before the hotfix...my GPU was solid green, which was so wrong...for a 1070.  Now...I lost 5 FPS, but I have with green, yellow and some red spikes in the GPU graphic bar. That looks right for my Ultra setting.  So..down 5 FPS, but with no stutter and smooth animation, who cares?  Even in SU4, I had the micro stutter. Now..looks about as good, and NO stutter..so win, win, win, on my personal system.  They certainly addressed 'whatever'...at least for my 4 core/1070 rig.

• Like 2

I've tried that once but no reason not to try again - it might of course be MS pointing out it's 11PM and I've had a beer, half as bottle of wine and a couple of brandies so flying is really not a good idea now anyway 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swe_Richard said:

See my edit... :ph34r:

Oh, well, that's alright then 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, badger2000 said:

As I say, I was getting mid 20's with SU5 at EGLC and now (after the hotfix) about 30-40 so an improvement from tonights hotfix

It could be your specific settings and add-ons, in conjunction with this hot fix, that is boosting the FPS for you, Anyways, I’m skeptical that this hotfix improved the FPS for the general player base.

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Xbox received update as well. 1.19Gb , 1.18.15.0

• Like 1

Semper Fi 

9 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

So the billion ants look on trees has gone?

Yes, it looks like the update has killed all the locusts...Big improvement, 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Over Seattle at FL350. Terrain Level of Detail at 200. Thoughts?

Looked rather sharp to me even at 100 I'd say.

Thought the first looked kind of blurry?

• Like 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12