Sign in to follow this  
Deleted

Today Q/A Event Fenix simulations - 13. August

2 hours ago, iFlySimX said:

It's still a bit early but I would put them slightly above PMDG right now. Keep in mind that this bird is STILL in Alpha 😉

Keep in mind, we haven't seen what features (modelling, systems, etc..) PMDG has for MSFS either.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

2 hours ago, swiesma said:

Doesn’t matter. Will buy both 🙂

My thoughts exactly.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 hour ago, VFXSimmer said:

Did you watch the twitch stream?  Wasn't static pictures or placeholders being shown...

Thanks for the tip saw the stream but nothing to see for me, besides a beautiful model, I'm more interested in the systems and the flight deck 😉

But nonetheless nice to show it to the world.

André

35 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Keep in mind, we haven't seen what features (modelling, systems, etc..) PMDG has for MSFS either.

Prosim has a 737 also. So, given Fenix will not stop developing for MSFS after their A320 release I could imagine they then make a 737. If they do, they should let us know about it before PMDGs 737 is ready.

Karl

• Like 1

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

30 minutes ago, awf said:

Thanks for the tip saw the stream but nothing to see for me, besides a beautiful model, I'm more interested in the systems and the flight deck 😉

But nonetheless nice to show it to the world.

I suppose.. if that's all you took out of the video you might not really have been paying attention, perhaps?  Showing the ground crew parking break activation light on the nose gear and the APU fire extinguisher discharge indicator, both of which will be working per the video.  Not a typical highlight of your basic pretty model show and tell.  Sure that isnt a full system demonstration or flight deck walkthrough, but if they are including these things in a basic model twitch stream, its not unreasonable to suspect that their systems simulation will be pretty detailed.  Time will tell.

• Like 2

Did you notice the shadows of the ground crew reflecting on the under wing as he was walking near the wing - pretty cool 

Not sure if it does that currently in the current Airbus - will be $60 to $80 IMO - these Guys are smart and know selling more at a lower price will yield a much better result when its all said and done - looks great and really looking forward to this bad boy 🙂 

Just finished up getting my Thrustmaster Airbus throttle quadrant addons - ready to Rock - got hammered on the addon components - weirdo US scalpers but was worth it - very nice - also got a good deal on Buttkicker 2 on its way

• Like 1

Rich Sennett

39 minutes ago, VFXSimmer said:

I suppose.. if that's all you took out of the video you might not really have been paying attention, perhaps?  Showing the ground crew parking break activation light on the nose gear and the APU fire extinguisher discharge indicator, both of which will be working per the video.  Not a typical highlight of your basic pretty model show and tell.  Sure that isnt a full system demonstration or flight deck walkthrough, but if they are including these things in a basic model twitch stream, its not unreasonable to suspect that their systems simulation will be pretty detailed.  Time will tell.

I saw that but, not new to me 😉 I agree time will tell and let's hope so....

Edited by awf

André

1 hour ago, awf said:

I saw that but, not new to me 😉 

Who else does both of those? 

• Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

3 hours ago, kaha said:

Prosim has a 737 also. So, given Fenix will not stop developing for MSFS after their A320 release I could imagine they then make a 737. If they do, they should let us know about it before PMDGs 737 is ready.

Karl

They mentioned maybe more Airbus variants I would think they will not step on PMDG's 737 toes 

• Like 1

Rich Sennett

Pmdg cannot justify a higher price that the Fenix/ProSim A320 with exactly scanned 3d cockpit and deep systems and failures modeling and hundreds of liveries.  We would also like to hear of future plans at Fenix. And whether they plan to do a ProSim Boeing product.

17 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Pmdg cannot justify a higher price that the Fenix/ProSim A320 with exactly scanned 3d cockpit and deep systems and failures modeling and hundreds of liveries.  We would also like to hear of future plans at Fenix. And whether they plan to do a ProSim Boeing product.

Posted a year and a half ago. but????

https://fselite.net/news/pmdg-clarifies-ng3-pricing-and-ngxu-policy/

Edited by jbdbow1970

7 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

I feel like PMDG internally regrets this move. They'd probably feel way more comfortable pricing the 737 in the $60 to $80 mark for MSFS, but have no way of doing that now because they funded initial development with there P3D prices. 

Complete conjecture / assumption but figured I'd share it.

• Like 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Even if they wanted to sell the 37 for say 80 or 90 dollars, the real dilemma would be what do with all the other people who already paid the 99?

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

32 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Even if they wanted to sell the 37 for say 80 or 90 dollars, the real dilemma would be what do with all the other people who already paid the 99?

My guess it would be freeware for them to not Pi$$ them (their loyal customers) off. Hmm freeware and PMDG do not exist. Don't think this product will be cheap "because its MSFS" don't think Fenix will be as cheap as some say either. Some suggesting 60$ lol the DC-6 (which is very good but not a modern airliner) and some GA aircraft cost that much.

Edited by jbdbow1970

8 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

There may be a few people who will only purchase either the PMDG 737 or the Fenix A320, but those people are far and few.

Well, count me as one of those, then 🙂

My VA (BAVirtual) doesn't operate 737s so that's why. The PMDG 777 though, that's another story ...

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models