Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

v0.3.0 of the G1000NXi is launching in the Marketplace!

Howdy,

Anyone figure out how to know how many lbs or gallons of fuel burn you are averaging in the C208 with the G1000NXi?  Or is that one of them standby to standby situations at this current time?

Thanks & Happy Landings,

Josh

15 hours ago, snglecoil said:

what are the CDI sensitivity scales for enroute and terminal. 2 and 1 nm respectively? 

Yes. 2 and 1.

• Like 1

Anyone know where the manual is for this mod?

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

3 minutes ago, RobJC said:

Anyone know where the manual is for this mod?

I think most just get the manual from garmin.com

• Like 2

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

On 8/14/2021 at 4:37 PM, Alvega said:

If I start entering the flight plan with the keyboard ....

I didn't realize you could do this. Could someone explain how you turn the keyboard feature on and off (or just point me to the info).

Thanks,

Al

Edited by ark

Struggling to get VNAV to descend. Mode is selected. Flight plan created using world map, and i can see the correct altitudes in FPL and I can see TOD and BOD on map, but the VPTH just won’t engage when the plane gets to the TOD. AP, VNV and NAV are selected. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

26 minutes ago, RobJC said:

Struggling to get VNAV to descend. Mode is selected. Flight plan created using world map, and i can see the correct altitudes in FPL and I can see TOD and BOD on map, but the VPTH just won’t engage when the plane gets to the TOD. AP, VNV and NAV are selected. 

Did you change / decrease your altitude in the altitude selector?  If you’re at 33,000 and hit TOD, if your MCP / Altitude says 33,000 you ain’t going anywhere, shat has often been my experience

-B

Edited by btacon

59 minutes ago, ark said:

I didn't realize you could do this. Could someone explain how you turn the keyboard feature on and off (or just point me to the info).

Thanks,

Al

Around minute 1.00 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gu0qFagmGE

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

50 minutes ago, btacon said:

Did you change / decrease your altitude in the altitude selector?  If you’re at 33,000 and hit TOD, if your MCP / Altitude says 33,000 you ain’t going anywhere, shat has often been my experience

-B

Yes, i set it to the lowest altitude prior to landing, which was 2,000 feet. So once i got to 10,000 feet i set it to 2,000.

Edited by RobJC

Did another test today. Will try a different airport but no idea what the issue is. VNAV definitely will not engage when I reach the TOD. Flight plan loaded from World Map. Selected low altitude IFR. RNAV 06 selected. I can see the flight plan inside the NXi along with target altitudes at the last three legs. VPTH is shown on the right, next to ALT but when I cross over TOD nothing happens. Altitude does not decrease. Set altitude is 2,000 and I can see 3600 in purple next to it, but that is about it. I select the VNV about 2 mins before I cross over the TOD. 

Let me say this again, for fastest support direct from the developers go to their discord page. Lot's of knowledgeable folks there, and you'll learn a lot just by reading. 

Okay seems to work fine on other airports. Must be a data issue.

Just to clarify, this is what I am seeing when it does not work. Note that the TOD (in Active VNV Profile section - right side lower) is 1+58. Usually it would be mins:secs to TOD. When I see this generally it means VNV is not going to work correctly. 

YYhotJB.png

Wondering if there is any chance that Matt could do a video on the G1000NXi similar to what he did with the CJ4 with Filbert Flies?  That video really opened the CJ4 to me and it has become one of my favourites to fly IFR.

Chris