Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

Graphics - at last!

CPU is tuned by PBO2 and runs all core @4.5 GHz and Boost 5.15 GHz. 
GPU runs at around 1900 MHz. 
3D Mark Timespy 19700 points  

Settings are ultra. 
In the air it’s also ok for me. But on the ground panning around results in stutters with LOD > 3. And I bet my left egg that it’s the same for him. 
The CPU isn’t faster and the 3090 is on the same level as the 3080ti when you compare benchmarks. 

It’s a problem of the engine like someone said. Everything out of POV must be loaded when fast panning. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, killthespam said:

That's interesting and wonder why.

Is CPU or GPU overclocked?

What are your settings on the Nvidia control panel?

I have MSI Afterburner just to keep an eye on the loads and temps and RivaTunner on my PC and  I can't go above

{Terrain
LoDFactor 4.8 x 4.9

without any stutters on my 60 Hz, DELL U4320Q monitor running @ 4K.

Maybe if we can compare settings might help?

I have a 10900K, 2080TI, 64 GB RAM no overclock anywhere, I already get stutters at 3.00, 3.00 around NY but also around Naples (activity flight). Panning around is a no no.

A.

• Like 1

I am running on defaut for my system. Meaning no OC at all, and no custom nvidia settings. When I pan around in cockpit view and or external camera. I don't see them. Does it happen in certain situations? Such as location, weather, time, plane? Give me a scenario to test. There's too many variables at play here.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

15 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I am running on defaut for my system. Meaning no OC at all, and no custom nvidia settings. When I pan around in cockpit view and or external camera. I don't see them. Does it happen in certain situations? Such as location, weather, time, plane? Give me a scenario to test. There's too many variables at play here.

My observation: at level 2.00 panning does not produce stutters. Changing angle abruptly does.

At level 3.00 in dense photogrammetry it stutters also when panning.

Try Manhattan in the Cessna.

A.

1 hour ago, swiesma said:

CPU is tuned by PBO2 and runs all core @4.5 GHz and Boost 5.15 GHz. 

It’s a problem of the engine like someone said. Everything out of POV must be loaded when fast panning. 

You see, from my experience I see the following. If I leave my CPU at defaults to go from 3.7 up to 5.3 during these variations I see stutters. For that reason, I locked all my cores at 5.0, and no issues.

With ultra settings with all cores at 4.5 (I tested as a reference) I get stutters. At 4.7 less, at 4.9 intermittent, and at 5.0 none.

On NCP I have Threaded optimization OFF and Vsync Adaptive (1/2 refresh rate).

On Riva Tuner frame limit at 40.

Besides that, I keep on repeating to myself that the software is not properly optimized, but I hope that one day they will.

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

On 8/18/2021 at 4:34 AM, iFlySimX said:

@MrBitstFlyer With a LOD of 5, do you get bad stutters when panning around? Because for me that id the biggest issue. My PC can handle a LOD of 5 but as soon as I pan around it's game over. 

I know they are going to release an update with a slider to help with pop ins but how will that work exactly? How will it make a difference if I leave LOD at 5?  

I don't get stutters when panning but I do occasionally in flight.  A terrain LOD of 5 is a bit much but any lower than that the blurry terrain is just too close to the aircraft.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home