Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bert Pieke

Orbx Alaska Mesh released

6 hours ago, Moria15 said:

Forgive me if my geography or number of US states is wrong,  but $10 per state, times 50 states if they do the whole USA is $500 just for the USA?

Graham

LOL, and who is talking about the whole US?? I was referring to "most" add-ons in general, read my post again.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

5 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

LOL, and who is talking about the whole US?? I was referring to "most" add-ons in general, read my post again.

Sorry, assumed you were responding to what this thread is all about.

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

28 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

There is.....I'm creating one with details not included on the one available.😉

Great news then. 🥰

25 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

Will this product be available on the marketplace? I couldn't find it.

If you mean the in-game MSFS marketplace then no; Orbx has their own marketplace system outside of MSFS.

Whether you decide to buy this mesh (or any other addon) is a personal decision based on where you tend to fly, what you fly, how you fly it, the size of your flightsim addon budget and of course the opportunity cost of the addon (what else you could get with the same money).

Regardless ... two videos ... make your own mind up ...

Alaska Mesh enabled flying the high country above 15,000' ...

Alaska Mesh enabled, flying down low around 2000' ...

24 minutes ago, Haddock31 said:

Great news then. 🥰

If you mean the in-game MSFS marketplace then no; Orbx has their own marketplace system outside of MSFS.

Just wondering because I  already bought several of their products on the MP.

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Nice videos Glenn!

I bought the mesh yesterday, seems pretty good so far. 

What Alaska needs now is better satellite images in certain areas. Some areas are great, others not so much.

And we need the Twin Otter. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Just now, bean_sprout said:

Just wondering because I  already bought several of their products on the MP.

bs

It will have to pass the marketplace rules test.

They may need to list it as a bundle as it is both a mesh AND a major airport in the same package. That should not be a big issue.

10 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

What Alaska needs now is better satellite images in certain areas. Some areas are great, others not so much.

Yeah, there is a classic example of that at the point below in the second video (watch full screen to spot it).  If you look out the left window you can actually see a distinct straight line boundary where the low res textures stop and high res aerial photography takes over.

Which has nothing to do with the mesh of course, which purely effects the height of the terrain, not the texture of it.

3 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

It will have to pass the marketplace rules test.

They may need to list it as a bundle as it is both a mesh AND a major airport in the same package. That should not be a big issue.

I'm going to take that as a good thing.

Thanks

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

3 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Yeah, there is a classic example of that at the point below in the second video (watch full screen to spot it).  If you look out the left window you can actually see a distinct straight line boundary where the low res textures stop and high res aerial photography takes over.

Which has nothing to do with the mesh of course, which purely effects the height of the terrain, not the texture of it.

I noticed the same thing when I did a live stream last night (Tuesday). A line when I looked left out of the cockpit, but like you said, that's not the mesh doing it.

Check out my YouTube channel for MSFS news, preview, reviews, showcases and community events! I stream Mon & Wed nights at 7PM ET / 11PM GMT and most Fridays at 11AM ET / 3PM GMT. Come join the chat or fly with me in one of the weekly community flights which alternates between military and general aviation.

8 hours ago, eugen_1975 said:

A few more comparisons

Even after showing so many comparisons (videos/images), there's still unbelievers! 🤣 

I'm trying to figure out why when I get close to snow-covered mountain tops, the snow melts away. I know I'm SizzlingPopcorn, but I didn't know I could melt Alaskan snow! 

Check out my YouTube channel for MSFS news, preview, reviews, showcases and community events! I stream Mon & Wed nights at 7PM ET / 11PM GMT and most Fridays at 11AM ET / 3PM GMT. Come join the chat or fly with me in one of the weekly community flights which alternates between military and general aviation.

I saw a few purple/pink mountain tops after departing PAJN with this addon. Not sure if it's related to the addon or an Asobo issue.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Sorry to resurrect this blast from the past, but I am curious how this mesh has held up.

One thing that worries me about spending money in this sim for things like mesh is that it isn't like FSX where everything will static for a decade. 

Also do these meshes fix airports that have weird bumps on the runways or taxiways?

Tyson Rose

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.