Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Orbx Alaska Mesh released

The price is good, though Orbx seem to have sales at least once a month so I may wait  3 or 4 weeks and see if it drops even cheaper 😄

• Like 2

Just now, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

The price is good, though Orbx seem to have sales at least once a month so I may wait  3 or 4 weeks and see if it drops even cheaper 😄

$10... hardly worth waiting for.. 😉

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Bert

1 minute ago, Bert Pieke said:

$10... hardly worth waiting for.. 😉

Hey I could buy a cheeseburger with that!

• Like 2

True but I have to budget in the Nieuport 17 and the Grob Tutor this week.

All up we have had 3 new planes released in the last 5 days 😄

• Like 3

This video which includes a mention of the Alaska mesh may be worth a look if you are interested in buying it.... something odd... about 2 mins in

• Like 3

Not seeing much of a difference

• Like 7

Rich Sennett

Less than Sushi at the local food store.

bs

• Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

13 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Me neither. I guess my eyes are old and bent.

Peter

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Wow yeah me neither, I'm surprised how similar they looked.

• Like 4

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

For me the difference is night and day, for example the area under the nose at 1:30 in the linked video looks totally different to me.

You either see it or you do not.

Though I find the mesh a bit of a waste of time at the altitudes reviewers seem to post from.  Both visually and in terms of terrain effects on approaches and flying you need to be down low for a high res mesh to matter.

With the NZ Mesh a heap of YouTube reviewers flew along at FL 350 or so and said "cannot see a difference" - well of course not you are at FL 350 .   For me with the NZ Mesh if I accidently fly with it disabled in the linker I know immediately something is very wrong, but heaps of people claim no difference there as well.

That said, if you cannot personally see a difference though, there is no point buying it.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 8

Just now, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

For me the difference is night and day, for example the area under the nose at 1:30 in the linked video looks totally different to me.

You either see it or you do not.

Though I find the mesh a bit of a waste of time at the altitudes reviewers seem to post from.  Both visually and in terms of terrain effects on approaches and flying you need to be down low.

With the NZ Mesh a heap of reviewers flew along at FL 35o or so and said "cannot see a difference". well of course not you are at FL 350 .

If you cannot personally see a difference though, there is no point buying it.

I just bought it and am loading up MSFS.  Will fly around Ketchikan and see if I notice a difference.  I can already say the NZ mesh was worth it and I could see a difference.

• Like 2