Sign in to follow this  
KERNEL32

Just me - or no photogrammetry data?

@Farlis

maybe your problem was a server issue but mine didnt seem to be. Bing data wasnt coming and going like yours and others have experienced, it just went off for me and stayed off for 2 days. I was checking my connection to servers in game and with a networking app called fiddler. In game it appeared fine, but in fiddler no calls were being made to virtualearth (bing) in the game. Its possible me reinstalling windows some how coincided with asobo fixing it at that precise moment, but in my opinion i doubt it.

Edited by tyke1

@tyke1 That's the exact failure mode I had and I did nothing to fix it. Very likely coincidental Asobo fixed it as after you'd reinstalled Windows (confirmation bias may've crept in given the hassle it is to reinstall Windows!)

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

@ckyliu

Maybe but its a hell of a coincidence. Zendesk in their email to me mentioned nothing about server side issues. Be interesting to see if they say something about it now theyre looking into it.

@tyke1 I'll be doubtful Asobo or MS will pass any comment, it was fixed over 12 hours ago now.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

@ckyliu

Ah ok, mine was fixed must be a week ago now. The info message about there being a problem is still at the top of msfs forum bug report page. Shame asobo don't inform the community what was the problem. Maybe it was coincidence.

@tyke1 It was only down 2-3 days in total I think, so it seems your issue wasn't related to the server if you fixed it a week ago. Guess the reinstall was needed after all!

support1.jpg

Anyone else having issues again this weekend? This is after WU6. Yes, data is all turned on, and I am connected via my Xbox account. All autogen buildings…

2 hours ago, Ajb376 said:

Anyone else having issues again this weekend? This is after WU6. Yes, data is all turned on, and I am connected via my Xbox account. All autogen buildings…

I had issues again, but it did not last long this time..

Bert

Am I the only one today? No BING data nor photogrammatry when everything is turned on in the data settings

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable