Sign in to follow this  
rtodepart

Can we enjoy the sim as of today’s state??

Let me start by saying the mandatory “yes there’s issues that need fixing “ 

moving on …. As someone that can take the time and spend some $$$ rent a plane and compare to the ones of the same in FS2020 and write 6 bibles on the things that are wrong I for some years now had learned to enjoy every version of previous sims there’s been available to us with their limitations and looking at where we are today I ask the question on the subject of this post and wanted to know if I was part of a very tiny group that skipped the wrong and enjoy the sim in its current state???? So can we enjoy what we have or things are so not right that one may be wrong by saying “im a happy pilot????

• Like 4

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Certainly in VR with decent computing power, it is already exceptionally good.  And it's only going to get better!

• Like 2

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

5 minutes ago, AJZip said:

Certainly in VR with decent computing power, it is already exceptionally good.  And it's only going to get better!

Positive Its been my attitude from the beginning and yes we are heading to better things with bumps on the road but moving forward.. 

• Like 3

Of course the sim can be enjoyed for what it is. Can it be improved though? Well of course! Certain things were downgraded for Xbox, and may or may not be fixed. Other elements may get better like real aircraft and airline liveries being added via MS/AIG and better anti-aliasing, weather, water, lighting etc. in due course.

I am still excited and patient about the sim but I stand by the fact that the sim was disappointingly graphically downgraded in SU5 most likely as part of the process of streamlining the Xbox release. I still enjoy the sim but I call a spade a spade, I certainly don't care for brand loyality like some do here and can objectively say what I believe are good and bad points of the sim in a rational manner. It's still the best sim we have today.

To be frank, given all the other threads that usually end in arguements, probably best not to start a thread like this. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

The trap I fell into was looking at what was through the lens of what might be. I saw the visuals; how good they are and a dreamer's fever took hold of me. This could be it! the Perfect simulator, at last.

It was this conflict that kept bothering me. Yes. The bugs too. But, the inability enjoy what I have now, every time I find what I think is a shortcoming was icky.

I'm better now, thank you. Thanks for asking...

I'm really happy just to fly now and look forward to the upcoming aircraft. (that Mad Dog video set me off!)

• Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

15 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

The trap I fell into was looking at what was through the lens of what might be. I saw the visuals; how good they are and a dreamer's fever took hold of me. This could be it! the Perfect simulator, at last.

It was this conflict that kept bothering me. Yes. The bugs too. But, the inability enjoy what I have now, every time I find what I think is a shortcoming was icky.

I'm better now, thank you. Thanks for asking...

I'm really happy just to fly now and look forward to the upcoming aircraft. (that Mad Dog video set me off!)

After FS98 years ago I decided to go for my PPL and that ended up with years of flying pretty much anything you can think off to today 2021 where I dont spend that much time flying as i used to but back when the day came that i got my first demo flight that was the day i came home and learned to flip a VERY important switch in my mind. “You’re at home now in a computer “ and till this day i had used that switch to know what to expect and adapt and not get mad if something don’t act or look like the real counter part till the developers fixed and that’s something that alot of people don’t have the chance to experience and have a hard time passing through the mad phases and enjoy what we get . Lets stay as

much positive as one can be and hope for the best. 

• Like 1

I do only want to speak for myself, but I enjoy it more than any of the sims I had before during the last 30+ years. Plus, my flying time (notably in relation to tweaking time) had a steep gradient already during the alpha.

This is as seen by of a mostly VFR+VR pilot.

This said, there are aspects calling for improvement like quality control and update procedure and a few details like photogrammetry, ground morphing, VR brightness and so on. But those don't keep me from enjoying it despite.

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I can after SU6. For a few months it was basically unplayable.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

The way MSFS is now, I am thrilled with it. Flight after flight and zero problems. Best sim I have used ever. And it looks great too. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

14 hours ago, rtodepart said:

So can we enjoy what we have or things are so not right that one may be wrong by saying “im a happy pilot????

I have always enjoyed the sim, even in its most pathetic conditions (10 fps airliners with fixed glass cockpit refresh rate, USA update terrain spikes, SU5 stuttered pop-ins... and other stuff I removed from my memory)

I love it and I will always love it, but I believe that the function of the Community is to focus and draw the attention of the developers on what needs to be fixed and improved (without griefing of course) rather than sharing screenshots and jokes.

In this regards, I find AVSIM an excellent community.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

I have enjoyed since day one. Yes there has been some issues but still been great, enjoyed seeing the progress from update to update. Never before has the base scenery been so good without the need for ORBX and various add-ons. 

Done a quick hop the other day from LOWW-LQSA on the FBW A320 and the approach into Sarajevo was beautiful, so much I've made that my base for a few flights and returning back. The difference in weather and time settings changes the scenery each time and it still blows me away how good it looks. 

Edited by garlicbread11
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

I'm quite happy.  I still remember how much of a big deal it was to have virtual cockpit shadows and rain and wind effects and now those are everywhere by default.  Its a great new starting point.

• Upvote 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Yes,

but every time I play it I feel the same thrill I got when once I played a game in a Playstation game console. Was a car racing game with superb graphics, and by that time we were still on FSX / MS FLIGHT / P3D... It felt unique / gorgeous / addictive / WOW !!!... That's pretty much what I feel when I play MFS - the graphics and scenery and weather display are trully addictive as well as the free included airport services... That's also about all, if I'm not after a decent flight and overall physics / systems modelling because I still do not like the feel I get from the aircraft in MFS, with just a couple exceptions, the PMDG dc-6 being one.

Does it have the potential to get better ? I hope / believe so.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I’m enjoying it. It’s not perfect but it’s as enjoyable to me at this point as FS9, FSX, or P3D were to me. 

• Upvote 1