Sign in to follow this  
Roy Warren

Time to enjoy what you have

8 hours ago, Ridvan Celik said:

we want the sim to go further and not backward.  

One of the best posts of this thread if not the best, Ridvan. 

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

11 hours ago, scotchegg said:

This is kind of ironic from someone who just claimed (while refusing to post any actual examples) people saying they love the sim are chanting a slavish mantra of praise to the cult of MS/Asobo and denouncing those with complaints as heretics.

Could it be, dear Damiani, that despite your oft-voiced commitment to neutrality that you yourself are playing a role in the polarization of the community you claim to observe…?

I am afraid you didn't understand what I wrote.

Or I didn't explain myself very well.

Boring conversation anyway. Goodbye.

A.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ridvan Celik said:

But when we come out to point out what they have done wrong, its because we want the sim to go further and not backward. 

This will be my answer from now on.

Absolutely perfect, thanks.

A.

On 9/24/2021 at 10:06 AM, ADamiani said:

This will be my answer from now on.

Absolutely perfect, thanks.

A.

we'll be watching.  

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

On 9/23/2021 at 12:39 PM, HiFlyer said:

In fact, this kind of already happened. In a thread here, it was asked "Would you like to see MSFS released now, or would you rather give them more time to finish it up perfectly?

My memory is that the vast majority of the people not in the beta, frustrated by the enticing leaks, said they had seen enough, and release it now.

Yeah......... 🙄

Posted Nov 30, 2020:spacer.png

• Like 3

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Pointing out faults for the purpose of improving the Sim is fine and should be expected.  And for those with CTDs that can't even run the Sim I understand the frustration and even anger at not being able to even run it.  But it's the constant, Wah Wah wah.!  The trees are too tall, the trees are too short, the roads are too green, the morphing mountains, the Sim is unusable, the Sim was made for Xbox, Asobo doesn't care, their incompetent, that makes people sound like preschoolers having temper tantrums.  And it doesn't help the reputation of this forum.  The OP is 100% on point.  Give constructive criticism for the sake of improvement, but enjoy what you have, because it's miles above what we've had before. 

• Like 13
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, bcuomo said:

But it's the constant, Wah Wah wah.!  The trees are too tall, the trees are too short, the roads are too green, the morphing mountains, the Sim is unusable, the Sim was made for Xbox, Asobo doesn't care, their incompetent, that makes people sound like preschoolers having temper tantrums.  And it doesn't help the reputation of this forum.  The OP is 100% on point.  Give constructive criticism for the sake of improvement, but enjoy what you have, because it's miles above what we've had before. 

Morphing mountains are a problem, especially while flying VFR. Other things are less important. Nerfing a wonderful sim to fit within a 'box is a problem.

"Preschoolers" and "temper tantrums" are words that you are kindly requested to take back.

The OP has a point and I agree with him when he says that you can have a lot of fun with this sim (if it doesn't crash on you of course). But as I wrote, you can have tons of fun and at the same time see that a few things are not quite ok. As I said, my answer is: "when we come out to point out what they have done wrong, its because we want the sim to go further and not backward".

And no, I don't think that it has a negative effect on the reputation of this forum. Quite the opposite.

A.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ADamiani said:

Preschoolers" and "temper tantrums" are words that you are kindly requested to take back.

The art of insulting people is not what it used to be 🤣

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

19 hours ago, ADamiani said:

Nerfing a wonderful sim to fit within a 'box is a problem.

This is an oft-repeated charge, but I see no evidence of it whatsoever. Post-SU5 and WU6, the graphics and performance in MSFS are better than ever.

• Like 2

I had the attitude to just use what works, but that seems to be harder than it looks. For example, forget about the WT CJ4. It gives me CTDs. No problem, I will just use the TBM, except it crashes too. And so does the DC-6. So I figure I will just use the Caravan, and check out the NXi mod. Except that doesn't work either 90% of the time. So now i either take a non-Garmin plane for a spin or dive into the AS CRJ. I figure I will just dive into the CRJ.

Wish me luck? 

Edited by RobJC

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

4 hours ago, cobalt said:

This is an oft-repeated charge, but I see no evidence of it whatsoever. Post-SU5 and WU6, the graphics and performance in MSFS are better than ever.

Yes, the accusation they have lowered quality to meet requirements of the console version is completely illogical for a number of reasons. One being that the recommended (top tier) specifications for the PC version -- the hardware it was developed for, for best graphics and performance -- are roughly on a par with the Xbox Series X hardware (RTX2080 on PC, with the Xbox X having an AMD equivalent; the RTX30xx series wasn't available when MSFS was developed). In some ways, the Series X console has architectural advantages, but either way it's the equivalent to what was the top end PC on the market at the time MSFS was developed with its ultra settings in mind.

Secondly, my PC, which is far inferior to the console (including Series S), is able to run MSFS on ultra settings at a smooth frame rate.

Asobo know how to develop for different hardware. They made Innocence: a Plague Tale for PC before porting it to the massively inferior Nintendo Switch without altering the PC version to degrade it. It's not like they would have forgotten how to do that. I mean, the whole point in them including all the slider options was for people to alter the PC version themselves, according to the capabilities of their PC, so even if the Xbox could only handle the equivalent of low settings, why would Asobo need to degrade ultra on PC? No, they would simply lock the Xbox version at low settings.

Asobo explained why the rendering engine appeared to diminish in quality (drawing/popping in): because they did rebuild the rendering engine, but based solely on PC user feedback. Although they included all the sliders in the options for people to find their own balance, for example to achieve higher FPS over graphical fidelity if high FPS was more important to those users, it seemed from community forum feedback that the majority of simmers just weren't happy with frame rate no matter what. Many people chasing a perfectly steady 60 FPS as well as full ultra settings, live traffic, etc. (seemingly forgetting that current PC hardware still has limitations). So Asobo listened to the negativity and did something to give people better performance. Then people weren't happy with the necessary compromises. I wasn't happy, too, because I was satisfied with the FPS overall to begin with, and if I hadn't been I would have lowered some settings. Simple. I didn't want enforced drawing/popping in that didn't exist before. That was a genuine faux pas on Asobo's part; they should have introduced the new rendering slider option to begin with, to allow each user to tweak the rendering as we now can. So, they have listened to feedback again. They are always tweaking based on feedback, not to meet requirements of a different hardware platform.

Edited by March Hare
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, cobalt said:

Yes I know that you don't see it. 

I do.

A.

Well, the AI pilot caused the issues with the NXi. Works great now! 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

38 minutes ago, ADamiani said:

Yes I know that you don't see it. 

I do.

A.

If there had been a deliberate downgrading of the graphics, everybody would see it. No way around this. See March Hare above.

• Like 1