Sign in to follow this  
akita

Xplane Next Generation (FSexpo)

11 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Has any footage of clouds moving with the wind been shown yet?

yes, there was a timelapse in the clouds section.

• Upvote 2

AutoATC Developer

2 minutes ago, mSparks said:

yes, there was a timelapse in the clouds section.

Yes! Re-watched it. For a minute I was worried they were static eheh...

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

47 minutes ago, Murmur said:

All the rest of the new features are really solid, and on par or better than the competition.

That’s really not what I’m seeing, unfortunately.

• Like 4

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

3 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Well what can I say, I'm sorry for you then! 🙂

EDIT: to clarify, I see dynamic seasons, snow and rain accumulating on ground, 3D trees moving in the wind, large water waves (interacting with the aircraft). I don't see those features on the competition?

Not saying it's better as a whole or in every aspect. But the features they showcased in the presentation, are pretty nice.

Edited by Murmur
  • Like 1

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

Also, while I agree that ambient lighting is not yet as good as the competition, I think the lighting in some of the shown screenshots was quite nice. Stratus clouds still look bad though. But let's always consider that those are internal development, pre-alpha screenshots:

Screenshot-454.jpg

Screenshot-457.jpg

Screenshot-458.jpg

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

I am an XPlane 11 user it doesn't mean I have to lay down at Austin's feet. I've look at the video from an objective perspective. I've seen lots of improvement on the weather, trees and SDK. I welcome all of it but let's be honest, from a rendering pipeline all the work they have done on the tress , clouds weather is being let down by the lighting. It just doesn't look right. It looks very flat. The same way XP11 lighting looks flat in daytime. This is something that I was hoping LR would improved on but I see very little effort on that front.  Is it too much to ask for a modern flight sim to actually look the part ? Have you seen the few frames where they were at the airport ? barely 30fps and it looks like a game that was created 7-8 years ago. 

It's suppose to be a flight simulator not a game! I am not sure what part of the world you live in but in Socal the sky is usually hazy and flat, it's not cartoon like. What we saw was a preview, it's a work in progress!  I suggest you read Ben blog on Photometric Rendering.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

14 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Grab a screenshot, criticise it, it can then be fixed for release.

Everything I've just seen tells me

orVEnIB.png

will look more or less identical to

h4uY28F.png

For XP12

Without a single hint of:

54U05GQ.jpeg

Anywhere.

And that makes me very very happy.

2 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Stratus clouds still look bad though.

Reasonably sure they are XP11 clouds.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

It worries me a bit that the clouds never reach the horizon. They are above the plane and the sky is clear in the distance (maybe it's a coincidence). 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, mSparks said:

We need to make the last screenshot a sticky when somebody tries to compare XP to MSFS. There no fixing the nuclear meltdown!

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

1 hour ago, Pascal_LSGC said:

The content is very interesting.
But the video editing is simply appalling!!! Does Laminar really need to show themselves as a bunch of amateurs?
Everything is wrong. The sound and video quality; some speakers don't look at the camera; the editing is jerky and unwatchable. And the Austin "trip" got me so ashamed that I literally sunk deeper in my chair.
😭

Well you dont have to watch it.

39 minutes ago, akita said:

Add procedural grass and other related terrain shaders and this scenery system is 10/10, I suspect they are working on that but not yet ready to show it all together.

• Like 2

Just now, strider1 said:

We need to make the last screenshot a sticky when somebody tries to compare XP to MSFS. There no fixing the nuclear meltdown!

this is the kind comment that really show how fanboyism is rampant around here. I can show you the worst XP11 or XP12 has to offer based the presentation today against the best best MSFS has to offer. Yet, on this part of the wood, you always pick the worst MSFS screenshot possible to show how much you have not play MSFS in the past. If anything there is to learn in flight simming, LR should look at what MSFS is doing just from a lighting perspective.  A millions miles ahead of what was shown today.  I look at the presentation today and the only conclusion I made was "this looks like more XP11 and not a next-generation evolution. Even the few frame we got where the FPS counter was active showed 30fps or so. 

That being said, Asobo should look at what LR is doing for SDK. They are miles ahead in that regards. They could learn from each other to make their product better. I am sure XP12 will be a better product once it release but they have shown today was awful at time. This is not me being an MSFS word not allowed but looking at it as an XP11 user who owns many 3rd party aircraft. I didn't see the leap that was showcase in previous video. All I saw was XP11 with better tree/clouds

• Like 7

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

29 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Some people dont want to see, it can be hard removing chips from ones shoulders

13 minutes ago, mSparks said:

If there’s one area where the old maxim that screenshots do not represent experience of a moving sim, it’s lighting.

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea