Sign in to follow this  
jarmstro

Windows 11

6 minutes ago, rka said:

suppose you are trying to say being able to render this image 500 times per second on 2020s hardware is somehow an achievement? Is that what you mean?

Im saying windows 10 not being able to and the fact that windows 11 is benching even slower than windows 10 shows even microsoft knows windows users dont care about performance.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

2 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Im saying windows 10 not being able to and the fact that windows 11 is benching even slower than windows 10 shows windows users dont care that windows cant.

Aren't you playing CS as well? Their engine is quite ancient as well afaik and they can easily do 500 fps even with objects on screen 😛

Edited by rka

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

3 minutes ago, rka said:

Aren't you playing CS as well? Their engine is quite ancient as well afaik and they can easily do 500 fps even with objects on screen 😛

csgo physics peaks at about 25-30fps, thats generally fine for games.

halo physics run at like 10fps iirc. 

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

Just now, mSparks said:

csgo physics runs at about 25-30fps, thats generally fine for games.

Amen to that 🙂

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

well, I keep asking people to post their screenshot of 250fps on the ground in xp11 but instead they just keep saying they only get 30fps, just 80fps would probably change my mind, considering I was getting that on a 4 core CPU from 2012.

mnmnIf they really are stuck at 30fps I dont see what other explanation there can be than

Because XP on Linux has no problem making 100% use of the available CPU and running at 250fps while doing so, even my cheap ###, non m1 mac mini can manage 50fps in the 744 using all its cpu.

I am using it on both and I see no 50% difference , anything in linux will use 100% hardware that the world knows,  I should see your 50% difference even on my systems. 

you need to show 250 fps with with MAX OBJECTS and stuff and than compare that same thing under Windows on a similar setup.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

1 minute ago, Humpty said:

under Windows on a similar setup.

I dont have windows to try, all I have to go on is the likes of RKAs comments and the phoronix/msfs benchmarks, and they don't encourage me to waste my time on trying.

AutoATC Developer

20 minutes ago, mSparks said:

I dont have windows to try, all I have to go on is the likes of RKAs comments and the phoronix/msfs benchmarks, and they don't encourage me to waste my time on trying.

Did you post the 250 fps on the ground shot somewhere here? I might even recreate it in windows.

9 minutes ago, rka said:

Did you post the 250 fps on the ground shot somewhere here? I might even recreate it in windows.

dk5hPX5.png

Freeware C172 w/ G1000 at my Local LYBE (scattered clouds)

drops to about 150fps at EGLL.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

46 minutes ago, mSparks said:

I have Windows and Ubuntu dual boot , I try it all the time that 50% is not real. 

2 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I have Windows and Ubuntu dual boot , I try it all the time that 50% is not real. 

Or you just have Ubuntu set to powersaving mode.

Or you arent running it on a higher core count machine or are running it on a laptop where the max performance is limited by the power budget in bios, or you are gpu rather than cpu limited.

Not enough info there to tell.

AutoATC Developer

33 minutes ago, mSparks said:

dk5hPX5.png

Freeware C172 w/ G1000 at my Local LYBE (scattered clouds)

drops to about 150fps at EGLL.

Ok, nice. I will check when I'm back home which will not be before end of next week.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rka said:

Ok, nice. I will check when I'm back home which will not be before end of next week.

Cool.

Anyway, back on topic, the windows 11 send everything you do on your PC back to mother microsoft breaking snafu continues unabated.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/4/22763641/microsoft-windows-11-expired-certificate-snipping-tool-emoji-picker-issues

not quite as bad as when the win10 start menu stopped working because some mean spirited hacker took down the server it needed to log all your actions, but pretty bad - maybe worse - for anyone who relies on the touch keyboard.

AutoATC Developer

21 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Or you just have Ubuntu set to powersaving mode.

Or you arent running it on a higher core count machine or are running it on a laptop where the max performance is limited by the power budget in bios, or you are gpu rather than cpu limited.

Not enough info there to tell.

it's on full power mode. no bios / ubuntu on power saving.

It's a Ryzen 1600x , yes gpu is limited , the point it performs the same

It's nonsense 

Edited by Humpty

1 minute ago, mSparks said:

Cool.

Anyway, back on topic, the windows 11 send everything you do on your PC back to mother microsoft breaking snafu continues unabated.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/4/22763641/microsoft-windows-11-expired-certificate-snipping-tool-emoji-picker-issues

not quite as bad as when the win10 start menu stopped working because some mean spirited hacker took down the server it needed to log all your actions, but pretty bad - maybe worse - for anyone who relies on the touch keyboard.

Well yeah, good thing that vulnerabilities are completely unheard of in the Linux world 😉

6 minutes ago, Humpty said:

yes gpu is limited

you should still see the shorter cpu time.

AutoATC Developer