Sign in to follow this  
jarmstro

Windows 11

1 hour ago, Humpty said:

Do not bother with W11 that thing is uglee ,

Oh , I meant in W10 you can switch the default browser.

Installed only one W11 on a laptop , and it didn't take me long to format it.

No interest if forced it will be linux. Needed newer of bios not bothered I dont need a Virus installed on my PC win 11 or 12 that is win 10 is bad enough..

3 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

No interest if forced it will be linux. Needed newer of bios not bothered I dont need a Virus installed on my PC win 11 or 12 that is win 10 is bad enough..

Yes , for the other DCS / AC / DR / Arma windows needed 😞

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

On 11/20/2021 at 8:59 AM, Humpty said:

Do not bother with W11 that thing is uglee ,

Oh , I meant in W10 you can switch the default browser.

Installed only one W11 on a laptop , and it didn't take me long to format it.

I'm still left wondering what the point of Win11 is? Apart from a simplified (dumbed down) UI I can't see any difference? There are no performance gains I can detect so apart from making your PC effectively Windows only it's all much of a muchness? Maybe I'm missing something?

22 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I'm still left wondering what the point of Win11 is? Apart from a simplified (dumbed down) UI I can't see any difference? There are no performance gains I can detect so apart from making your PC effectively Windows only it's all much of a muchness? Maybe I'm missing something?

I didn't go deep into it after install , just did a quick go through and went for a format.   A lot of others also fell back to w10 , i felt its a bit more not too user friendly

It more or less reminded of the KDE DE, not so fond of KDE (Linux Desktop Environment)

Its simply all about money and control, selling your data and manipulating you to use there store there software and with Edge lots of adds.Its not MS$ for no reason, mind you its the way the world is, we need to update some firmware on our devices at work company want $80000 a year year provide maint support or we cant get it, they may only provide a years support from initial purchase but we have lots to update. Its no fun.

As for MS$ now they will make win 10 look really bad so you have to update like apple and its phone batteries.

4 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

As for MS$ now they will make win 10 look really bad so you have to update like apple and its phone batteries.

Yep , but as users of certain windows stuff we are kinda bind to it.

12 hours ago, Humpty said:

Yep , but as users of certain windows stuff we are kinda bind to it.

Certainly not blind to it? It's just we have no realistic choice? Linux is not an option.

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

Certainly not blind to it? It's just we have no realistic choice? Linux is not an option.

Kinda depends. To me windows is "expert at everything master of nothing".

Office and art stuff -> use MacOS

Games -> use a PS5

Development, internet stuff and mobile-> use Linux

Windows isn't a good option for anything?

I tend to be very suspicious of the reason people want to use windows for gaming, #1 reason seems to be being able to cheat in multiplayer games, #2 reason seems to be "pirated stuff", at the very least using windows for gaming condones both.

They are different than people who just "use" windows for gaming but have been brainwashed into think this kinda graphics isn't good enough for them:

#1 reason I stopped gaming on windows is I just couldn't stand the dirty cheaters anymore.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

31 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Games -> use a PS5

Development, internet stuff and mobile-> use Linux

Windows isn't a good option for anything?

What a bunch of FUD, you should know better than this.

I'm currently holding the "title" of Team Lead / Software Architect / Senior Developer on a very large web project with .Net Core REST APIs and an Oracle SQL database.

I use Windows exclusively, as I have for the past 20 years.  The closest thing I get to leaving is when I run Git Bash.

I also use it exclusively for 4k HDR gaming / flight simulation and have zero issues.

On this topic, I also happened to update to Windows 11 and have no issues with that either.  That cost me $0.

And it's used by literally billions of people.  One major flaw and you have entire businesses going down with it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gulfstream said:

FUD

No fear, uncertainty or doubt.

Windows gaming experience is horrific compared to any console.

PS5 is currently the best console.

Sure, for those of us brought up on keyboard/mouse gaiming there's a learning curve to switch: well worth it.

a very large web project with .Net Core REST APIs and an Oracle SQL database.

Everyone has bad luck sometimes, other times you make your own bad luck.

And it's used by literally billions of people

You're thinking of Linux, windows barely makes it to 300 million installed active users globally, 20% of them still run windows 7, and roughly half of them are American.

As seen by the 5 million plus Xplane installs on Linux (which I suspect/dream the steam gear may well come close to doubling eventually), and windows barely breaking a few hundred thousand.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

4 hours ago, Gulfstream said:

What a bunch of FUD, you should know better than this.

I'm currently holding the "title" of Team Lead / Software Architect / Senior Developer on a very large web project with .Net Core REST APIs and an Oracle SQL database.

I use Windows exclusively, as I have for the past 20 years.  The closest thing I get to leaving is when I run Git Bash.

I also use it exclusively for 4k HDR gaming / flight simulation and have zero issues.

On this topic, I also happened to update to Windows 11 and have no issues with that either.  That cost me $0.

And it's used by literally billions of people.  One major flaw and you have entire businesses going down with it.

0$ but everything comes with a price, nothing is free, businesses coulcnt survive otherwise. Would you give all your softwarecaway for free?..

On 11/22/2021 at 10:08 AM, jarmstro said:

It's about TPM 2.0. They were forced to fix the UEFI sector from being pirated by UEFI Rootkit malware.

30 minutes ago, Mike44 said:

It's about TPM 2.0. They were forced to fix the UEFI sector from being pirated by UEFI Rootkit malware.

Nah they needed you to upgrade so they could impose there own virus on you, its what is all about. Imagine doing all your work for free and yet expect to make money and keep your investors happy. Money must grow on trees there. Doesnt here..

On 11/23/2021 at 1:07 AM, mSparks said:

No fear, uncertainty or doubt.

Windows gaming experience is horrific compared to any console.

PS5 is currently the best console.

Sure, for those of us brought up on keyboard/mouse gaiming there's a learning curve to switch: well worth it.

Horrific? Why? I doubt there's any difference except for the fact that PC users have alway had the option of more storage and more powerful hardware. I have an Xbox controller for my PC for when it's required. 

5 hours ago, jarmstro said:

Horrific? Why?

In every way.

from putting up with these idiots in large numbers in every multiplayer game.

To sitting at a desk on your own instead of the couch with your friends.

Quality control

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55359568

To having to spend ages fiddling with settings to get it to look like the promo videos and also be playable.

Console experience is consistently good, everyone is equal (most of the time)

no mousewheel triggers, wall hacks, esp, spinbots or any of the other garbage that entertains PC gamers.

Consoles are better at games because their entire existence is dedicated to being the best at games at a price anyone can afford.

On PC hardware is basically end of life for gaming 12 months after you buy it. My PS4 is still rocking almost 10 years later, and only now worth upgrading. PS5 should last another 10 years.

Not that I'm against a bit of PC gaming - you know I play a fair bit of CSGO right:

Just not on windows (because I've not used windows for years), and console is far superior.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer