Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

The one thing I miss most in P3D/FSX that's not in MSFS

For P3D: the menu system  (eg. built-in 'instant replay' and the ability to save the sim state ie. plane, location, time, weather, etc.)
For FSX: WOAI (World of AI freeware which only worked in 32-bit Windows)

• Like 4

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

24 minutes ago, bofhlusr said:

"... eg. built-in 'instant replay' and the ability to save the sim state ie. plane, location, time, weather, etc.)..."

I couldn't agree more (although I used/use Instant Replay with FSX, I did/do not have P3D). Many will indicate that there are recorder alternatives, but I am not familiar with them.

The great thing about FSX Instant Replay is that it is a replay of the flight, not simply a replay of the video recorded of/during a flight. In other words, during the replay, one can change viewing perspective and many other things differently for each replay of the flight. I'm not sure whether or not the recording alternatives that will be suggested & proposed after my comment also have this capability.

That MSFS still lacks this feature, well more than a year after its release, a feature that its predecessors had almost two full decades ago, is, um, hmm.... disappointing to say the least ;;).

Edited by RustyFlyer
  • Like 3

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

23 minutes ago, bofhlusr said:

For P3D: the menu system  (eg. built-in 'instant replay' and the ability to save the sim state ie. plane, location, time, weather, etc.)
For FSX: WOAI (World of AI freeware which only worked in 32-bit Windows)

I brought up the issue of hanging menus on the right mouse button as a wish  list item but it didn't get much traction unfortunately.  As well the Replay and Fly-by views I also brought up and those got traction.  Search for them and vote though prob has enough votes to get attention now.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

PMDG Jetstream 41. That's it really (well that and the Majestic Q400). AFAIC MFS has surpassed FSX/P3D in almost every area now, we just need some higher fidelity aircraft to fly about in it. I was never big on addons for AI traffic, ground services etc.

• Like 4

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

The topic is "The one thing I miss most in P3D/FSX that's not in MSFS".  Please don't try to turn it into another tedious "my sim is better than your sim" slagfest.

• Like 4

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I miss GSX, and AIG OCI, chaseplane. I really hope they will find its way to MSFS soon. and my high fidelity airliners like PMDG 777,747,737, QW787, FSLabs A320.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

AIG OCI   I used to just sit on the apron and plane watch sometimes.  It felt real and organic.

Chris

• Like 2

Maddog MD80

Deltasim Boats

Nemeth Helicopters

FSRecorder (if there is a MSFS recorder with a decent working AI playback let me know please)

Flysimware's Learjet 35A and several other bizjet addons Carenado, Lionheart Creations, etc etc.

Traffic 360

Other than specific addons from FSX era....MSFS is great with it's available addons right now.

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

A camera system that worked for 25 years. It wasn't flashy or customizable but at least we didn't have to stare at the top of our planes every flight and barely see the ground due to the angle of the camera and the plane being in the way.

Out of all the things to break... good job Microsobo.

• Upvote 1

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Just now, kiwikat said:

A camera system that worked for 25 years. It wasn't flashy or customizable but at least we didn't have to stare at the top of our planes every flight and barely see the ground due to the angle of the camera and the plane being in the way.

Out of all the things to break... good job Microsobo.

I'd definitely like a "fly-by" view, that's for sure.

• Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

24 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Maddog MD80

Deltasim Boats

Nemeth Helicopters

FSRecorder (if there is a MSFS recorder with a decent working AI playback let me know please)

Flysimware's Learjet 35A and several other bizjet addons Carenado, Lionheart Creations, etc etc.

Traffic 360

Other than specific addons from FSX era....MSFS is great with it's available addons right now.

@blueshark747 I'm not familiar with FSRecorder in previous versions but there's one for MSFS that may be comparable to it: https://flightsim.to/file/8163/flight-recorder. (it is not built-in to the MSFS program though). 

For planes, in P3D, Flysimware's -Falcon 50A . For FSX -Realair's Lancair.

I fired up P3D last night which made me appreciate MSFS scenery even more than P3D. But, after about a couple of hours flying P3D planes in Orbx scenery in P3D, it was like my eyes adjusted to the dark and it became alright. Not bad at all. P3D is still a good sim and will be an excellent backup sim for offline play.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1