Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

Flightsim.to - Access Restriction

Just saw this for the first time now. It reminds me of being on line at the grocery store deli counter. Once me number is called I’ll have a pound of sliced turkey and a half pound of ham. Maybe a bit of macaroni salad too.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 2

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

The last time I downloaded something from avsim or flightsim, I was in graduate school.😉

• Like 5

October,  2.5 months left.

AVsim 2020 financing goal,  $13,405.00 of $25,000.00.  

Things die when people don't feed them.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Waldo Pepper said:

October,  2.5 months left.

AVsim 2020 financing goal,  $13,405.00 of $25,000.00.  

Things die when people don't feed them.

Bingo the site Flightsim.to will die down eventually if people don't donate or give a miniman fee to keep the servers going. I have seen it with various flightsim sites in the past not naming any. You either donate or wait.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

It's time for Avsim and Flightsim.com to once again be our primary download sites.  Not sure how Flightsim.to cornered the market since the release of FS2020 but we've never had these kinds of issues in the 20+ years of use on our legacy sites.  Our third party community needs to come back home.

Or you can donate to flghtsim.to in order to improve their servers.

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

38 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Well with a 320 second countdown to even access the site (Flightsim.to),  Avsim and Flightsim.com are batting a thousand right now in comparison.  🙄

I get it but until one of the other sites improve their file library then it's not going to any better overnight. Like is there even anything for MSFS uploaded to Avsim? The search keeps telling me no but I know it's not always accurate.

We have to remember flightsim.to gained its popularity due to how easy it was to locate and upload addons for MSFS. If there was another site similar or one of the more original sites like Avsim or Flightsim.com did similar then it would be fine to have multiple places to upload/download.

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 2

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

More traffic means more advertising revenue. flightsim.to should soon make enough revenue to upgrade their servers.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

There is a single AVsim moderator who donated $300 usd on the first day of Sept.     So far,  he's donated $725 to date.

Of the 307 total donors,  I made my first this week,  a self described in the scheme of things paltry $20 usd.

I've made one donation to FS.to,  and I've purchased the GB R3 from there.    I can, and have,  downloaded a gig from that place like I was eating potato chips.

If you look in the mirror,  you have to ask yourself 2 questions.   1)Do I value what I take?  2) Do I have the means to contribute?

I have taken more in value than I have contributed,  imo.    Like I stated elsewhere,   Henrick's updated V2 shipping mod has been downloaded from FS.to 80,121 times since it's MSFS native release 2 months ago.  It's presently 1.38gb

That represents 10 TB.

110,566GB.   From one mod.

Edited by Waldo Pepper
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Or you can donate to flghtsim.to in order to improve their servers.

I already do, it's going to take more than just me...

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

19 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

I get it but until one of the other sites improve their file library then it's not going to any better overnight. Like is there even anything for MSFS uploaded to Avsim? The search keeps telling me no but I know it's not always accurate.

We have to remember flightsim.to gained its popularity due to how easy it was to locate and upload addons for MSFS. If there was another site similar or one of the more original sites like Avsim or Flightsim.com did similar then it would be fine to have multiple places to upload/download.

There's this site,   https://msfsaddons.com/,  but it's not typically mentioned around here because some of the content has been from questionable sources.  That site was hot in the beginning,  but FS.to achieved more success by staying away from that type of content.

• Like 1

It seems this thread increases the calls even more. Sorry. But now I was # 544 ...

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I'll pass on the site.  I wait in enuf lines already.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

6 minutes ago, Nemo said:

It seems this thread increases the calls even more. Sorry. But now I was # 544 ...

700-requins-dans-la-nuit-22062016-dsc221

It just isn't about download access in 2021, it's about a relationship with the MODERN flight sim community overall.

Flightsimto has BUILT an organic positive friendly rapport with the modern flight sim community.

Freeware devs need a desire to upload files to a site they feel has an overall open minded positive friendly environment to various types of addons.

Flightsimto also has a great layout for addon visibility and easy feedback access to addon authors.

The site didn't succeed solely based on being the first to corner the MSFS addon scene, lots of thought has went into capturing the attention of the much more modern times of flight simming and addons.

Flightsimto has a great FRIENDLY group of people running it, who the uploaders are comfortable with.

This is key!

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 7

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Time to charge a nominal yearly fee to ensure their infrastructure can handle the demand.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.