Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Just Flight Hawk T1/A is out now

5 hours ago, Steve_Ellis said:

A definate for your hangar here fellow simmers, and absolute treat.

Thank you Just Flight for raising the bar with this one, it is an simulation delight. Bravo !!!!

5 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Looks like a must buy to me.......

Aaarghh! I was hoping it could be a load of rubbish so I could save some money!😁

3 hours ago, PTI139 said:

Having read all these hymns of praise I am tempted to buy this addon - If I could see any point in using it more than 2 or three times - what is the point of flying it? You can start it, feel amazed by the sound, jet and pivot around a little bit and then - the stimulus is gone - thats the story of every military jet I purchased until now.

It's strange how military aircraft seem to be the only type which generate such apathy or near-hatred from some of the non-combat sim community. Personally, I just think, "Here's a plane. Do I feel like flying it? Yes/no. Proceed accordingly. Military or non-military doesn't come into it as such. I'd fly a Spitfire (as I do), a Mosquito (hoping...) or a Hawk in this sim, but probably not a Brewster Buffalo, Short Stirling or Aeronautica Umbra Trojani AUT.18. (Yes, I had to look that last one up to complete my list😆 ).

• Like 5

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

7 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I have odd problem my throttle movement from full position to about quarter back  absolutely have no effect on thrust, rpm, or fuel flow. Dos anyone notice that? 

Yes indeed...I can pull my throttle way back from full with no effect on thrust, even though the in sim throttle is also moving. I find this odd. 

• Like 1

Anyone flown it with a yoke yet? I imagine it probably behaves well enough, just like the JF Spitfire but I'm curious as to whether I would be better using my TM Airbus sidestick even though it (obviously) off to one side and therefore not in the correct position. Unclamping everything just for one plane is not an option. Of course, the stick would be more natural, if centred in my setup.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

30 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

Anyone flown it with a yoke yet? I imagine it probably behaves well enough, just like the JF Spitfire but I'm curious as to whether I would be better using my TM Airbus sidestick even though it (obviously) off to one side and therefore not in the correct position. Unclamping everything just for one plane is not an option. Of course, the stick would be more natural, if centred in my setup.

I have flown it with the Alpha and its ok, however I prefer to use the Warthog

• Like 1

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

On 10/22/2021 at 4:22 PM, BBCM said:

Important: note that there's a 25% discount for those who previously purchased the Hawk (for P3D anyway; I don't know about FSX). To get your discount code, you need to go yo your original JF legacy Hawk order. 

noticed this - but why wouldn't you get the same discount if you own the XP11 version of the hawk?(which I do) - both P3D and XP11 version are the same price.....

12 minutes ago, mac44 said:

noticed this - but why wouldn't you get the same discount if you own the XP11 version of the hawk?(which I do) - both P3D and XP11 version are the same price.....

Tried the discount with JF regarding my X plane version, the JF response below.

Unfortunately the  discount offer is only for those that own the P3D/FSX and AeroFly version of the Hawk. The MSFS version was developed by the same team as the FSX/P3D version thus the offer. However sadly as the X-Plane 11 version was outsourced the offer doesn't run for that version, sorry about that.

How is the VC lighting? Is it variable or just on/off? Looks like a great add-on, but at this price, I want perfection! 😆

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

18 minutes ago, odourboy said:

How is the VC lighting? Is it variable or just on/off? Looks like a great add-on, but at this price, I want perfection! 😆

I think the interior lighting is ok. Only ok. It is variable, you can dim it and control 3 zones, however even at its most dim setting its quite bright. And the landing light has too much particle reflection, even in clear sky. I have posted some pics over on the MSFS forum, take a look at the Just Flight thread there. Its not a deal breaker, just not the best. 

4 minutes ago, jpe828 said:

I think the interior lighting is ok. Only ok. It is variable, you can dim it and control 3 zones, however even at its most dim setting its quite bright. And the landing light has too much particle reflection, even in clear sky. I have posted some pics over on the MSFS forum, take a look at the Just Flight thread there. Its not a deal breaker, just not the best. 

Thanks for the prompt reply! Have you got a link? I'm not sure where you posted your pics. I thought this was the MSFS forum. 😕

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I don't think I can link here, not allowed but I will try! If that fails, If you google "MSFS Forum" you will find it. Under 3rd party Aircraft there is a thread showing the aircraft and pics. Honestly, worse than the interior night lighting is the extremely bright, reflective landing light! Again, not a show stopper. 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/just-flight-hawk-t-1/458621/181

• Upvote 1

Ah! That forum. Thanks! 

18 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

Aaarghh! I was hoping it could be a load of rubbish so I could save some money!😁

It's strange how military aircraft seem to be the only type which generate such apathy or near-hatred from some of the non-combat sim community. Personally, I just think, "Here's a plane. Do I feel like flying it? Yes/no. Proceed accordingly. Military or non-military doesn't come into it as such. I'd fly a Spitfire (as I do), a Mosquito (hoping...) or a Hawk in this sim, but probably not a Brewster Buffalo, Short Stirling or Aeronautica Umbra Trojani AUT.18. (Yes, I had to look that last one up to complete my list😆 ).

AAaaarg! Please read and understand before you scream around that you have identified another „Hater“ of something /someone. I DO NOT HATE military aircraft - I am not a pacifist - was professional soldier for 12 years myself -  I just see no point in flying them in the sim, because I can just play around with them for a while missing the combat simulation (the real point for a mil aircraft) in a sim like MSFS. 

I really wish you ultimate fun with this excellent addon - I prefer transporting people and cargo from A to B by civilian ac or enjoy  the scenery while flying GA Airplanes.

• Like 1