Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Just Flight Hawk T1/A is out now

1 hour ago, PTI139 said:

AAaaarg! Please read and understand before you scream around that you have identified another „Hater“ of something /someone. I DO NOT HATE military aircraft - I am not a pacifist - was professional soldier for 12 years myself -  I just see no point in flying them in the sim, because I can just play around with them for a while missing the combat simulation (the real point for a mil aircraft) in a sim like MSFS. 

I really wish you ultimate fun with this excellent addon - I prefer transporting people and cargo from A to B by civilian ac or enjoy  the scenery while flying GA Airplanes.

Are there non-professional soldiers?

12 minutes ago, Tierborn said:

Are there non-professional soldiers?

I don't know about non professional soldiers in the USA, but in the UK we have non professional soldiers, they're called the TA or Territorial Army.

Technically you could call any conscripted soldier non professional.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

On 10/23/2021 at 7:38 AM, bobcat999 said:

It is pointless me giving any detailed opinion on this, as Just Flight have simply smashed it out of the ground on this one. 
Whichever team at Just Flight is responsible for this, I would like to know, as I will look for any future releases of theirs.

This type of plane might not be everyone's cup of tea, but if you think it is, and you need any further convincing, then this is the best preview / review I have seen up to now.

Sure looks and sounds nice! One thing that drives me nuts though is the way the nose bounces/bobs when you let off back pressure. It seems like the whole plane is very wobbly/bobbing often. Definitely needs improving on that aspect of the flight modeling.

• Like 3

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

8 hours ago, PTI139 said:

AAaaarg! Please read and understand before you scream around that you have identified another „Hater“ of something /someone.

Steady on, I didn't say you were a "hater". In fact, I dislike that term ("Haters will hate" or whatever that daft term is). I actually used the terms "apathy" and "near-hatred" and didn't use the word "you" at all. It was a general observation. So perhaps I wasn't the one who didn't "read and understand".

So, just to be clear(er), I am not accusing you of being someone who hates military aircraft (or anything else for that matter).🙂

Edit: And by the way, you quoted my reply (beginning "Aaarghh!") to the posts I'd quoted above as you that was directed at you, which I assume is why you started your replay with "AAaaarg!" My response was clearly jokingly that I was likely to end up spending more money on an add-on.

Edited by 109Sqn

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

2 hours ago, Donka said:

I've posted a bunch of new liveries for the Hawk if anyone is interested...

Lovely job! And I see some I was hoping for.👍

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

1 hour ago, pvupilot said:

the way the nose bounces/bobs when you let off back pressure. It seems like the whole plane is very wobbly/bobbing often. 

Are you talking about any specific point? If it's circuit then make sure it's properly trimmed. Particularly after take-off, depending on your CG you may want to add up to 2 units of trim (as per the POH). 

If it is during cruise, that seems to be something with the core FM of this sim. I dislike the tendency to bob the nose, but haven't found a way to entirely eradicate it. 

5 hours ago, Donka said:

I've posted a bunch of new liveries for the Hawk if anyone is interested

Thanks!  Any plans to do the standard dark blue Canadian variant?

I’m pretty sure I’m going to buy this tonight as it seems to be the best all around fast military jet available, plus the availability of a Canadian livery (Just Flight might owe you a commission @Donka! 🙂 )

But as a few others have said, I’ve definitely bought military aircraft in the past as I just can’t resist them, but after a few flights move back to GA and airliners.  We’ll see how this one goes.

Having said that, I’d love to see some decently simulated military transport aircraft…imagine how much fun we could have with a C-17 or C-130, flying missions into hotspots all over the world.  They would be one type of military aircraft that you could mostly sim their normal missions in MSFS.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 hours ago, pvupilot said:

Sure looks and sounds nice! One thing that drives me nuts though is the way the nose bounces/bobs when you let off back pressure. It seems like the whole plane is very wobbly/bobbing often. Definitely needs improving on that aspect of the flight modeling.

In general I find her to be very difficult to hand fly straight and level. I don't know if this is true to real life, but its very twitchy in pitch. In any tight turn I find I have trouble maintaining altitude as well. 

23 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Thanks!  Any plans to do the standard dark blue Canadian variant?

Yup, that will be online soon. 🙂

• Like 2

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

15 minutes ago, jpe828 said:

In general I find her to be very difficult to hand fly straight and level. I don't know if this is true to real life, but its very twitchy in pitch. In any tight turn I find I have trouble maintaining altitude as well. 

I found that only way to let it fly straight is combination of trim and thrust 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

8 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I found that only way to let it fly straight is combination of trim and thrust 

Thats my experience. Any stick input you are climbing or descending. I also find the engine RPM changes even without throttle input. I am not sure if that is realistic due to ram air? And of course as noted no engine response at first while I pull back the throttle a ways. 

5 minutes ago, jpe828 said:

Thats my experience. Any stick input you are climbing or descending. I also find the engine RPM changes even without throttle input. I am not sure if that is realistic due to ram air? And of course as noted no engine response at first while I pull back the throttle a ways. 

I don't know either how rpm suppose to behave in real counterpart. I have also noticed  RPM vary based on climb or descent . I struggled few flight then I found few slight RPM adjustment with elevator trim makes it more or less stable. Also VS climb autopilot binding cheat seems also works 🙂

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

I don't know either how rpm suppose to behave in real counterpart. I have also noticed  RPM vary based on climb or descent . I struggled few flight then I found few slight RPM adjustment with elevator trim makes it more or less stable. Also VS climb autopilot binding cheat seems also works 🙂

No cheating! 😉

Picked it up tonight and can add my voice to those saying it’s a great aircraft.  A trip from RAF Valley to the Mach Loop for a few circuits was a blast!  

One thing I’d love to see is fully interactive checklists, the option to have the camera zoom in on each item would be really helpful in learning this aircraft.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU