Sign in to follow this  
remcosol

Future of p3d ?

23 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

People tend to post when they have problems, not to say they haven’t.

They also tend to post (a lot) when new add-ons are previewed / released...

Aside from FSDG's DGAA, there's not a lot of new stuff to talk about compared to the other flight sim platforms.

IMO, the only way to change that is for LM to fundamentally improve the visuals (since eye candy sells) and tweak the flight modelling. If the P3D team can do that without breaking a plethora of existing add-ons, v6 could be interesting.

Edited by F737MAX
phone spell8ngs
  • Like 7

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

37 minutes ago, sim4life said:

And I'm angry with LM for totally screwing it up.

That is your opinion, not a fact, even though you are trying to sell it (and a lot of other opinions) as such.

From your posts it really sounds like MSFS is more suited to your needs. Others here, including me, have different wishes for P3Ds future. Small steps, reliable performance, preserving what we have. Edit: I do think "we" are in the minority with that, and that, at least for the moment, MSFS is where most of the add-on action is. But, as already stated here, "we" have hundreds and hundreds of great add-ons to choose from.

Edited by d.tsakiris
  • Like 3

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

4 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

IMO, the only way to change that is for LM to fundamentally improve the visuals (since eye candy sells) and tweak the flight modelling. If the P3D team can do that without breaking a plethora of existing dd-ons, v6 could be interesting.

I’m perfectly happy with what 5.3 has given me. I could live with it for a long time.

Once I have Concorde I’ll have sim nivarna.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, Kalnon said:

The answers to those questions when it comes to flying in P3Dv5.3 is usually yes and yes.  I can't say the same for the last few times I used MSFS.  Some of you may feel the same way, others may think I'm nuts.

Nobody argues with you feeling like that or that it would be wrong feeling like that. I have been extremely frustrated with most sims at times. Unfortunatelty, the future of a software cares very little about our feelings. There are other factors at work here. P3d won't be the sim of the future just because I feel that the current version made me happy while another sim made me frustrated.

Actually, if you really like p3d and want it to succeed, denying it's flaws and defending a developer that doesn't do a very good job will only make it die faster. If it's worth defending one should make sure that the developer understands this. LM never did and the community is now gone.

9 minutes ago, sim4life said:

Alright I can give you another explanation then, based on facts. This forum is far quiter because extremely few are using this sim these days and almost no 3rd party developer has any intention of developing anything new for it.

And again, I get no joy from that, but denial isn't going to make me any happier.

I’m really struggling to see what you’re getting out of trashing P3D on this thread? We get it, you prefer MSFS. Some of us prefer P3D and are looking forward to improvements made in v6 which is what this thread is about. I don’t see what you’re adding to the discussion with this “my sim is better than your sim” talk and why you’re spending your time on it. 

If you need another hobby maybe try golf, I really enjoy it myself. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

That is your opinion, not a fact,

The numbers, i.e. the facts, says that the vast majority of users and 3rd party devs left p3d almost over night. My opinion is that this is very sad and that the attitude we see in here is partly to blame for this.

You can look at the numbers and analyze what caused this and try and turn it around and prevent it from happening again, or you can deny it and jump on every one who express an opinion in here that is not "the right one".

5 minutes ago, DChockey08 said:

We get it, you prefer MSFS.

Can you point me to any comment where I state that I prefer MSFS? Please, a single one?

Don't you think that the MSFS hate has gone a bit too far when you even blame people who hasn't even said anything about it? I know that this kind of bashing makes you popular in here as it is the right opinion to have, but I still think it's silly. This forum is not about loving p3d any more, it's about hating everything else. Sad, very sad indeed.

14 minutes ago, sim4life said:

Can you point me to any comment where I state that I prefer MSFS? Please, a single one?

Don't you think that the MSFS hate has gone a bit too far when you even blame people who hasn't even said anything about it? I know that this kind of bashing makes you popular in here as it is the right opinion to have, but I still think it's silly. This forum is not about loving p3d any more, it's about hating everything else. Sad, very sad indeed.

/thank-you for adding absolutely nothing to the discourse!

• Upvote 1

@Ray Proudfoot Thanks for that. I’ll look into it. The FMS update subscription that is.

Edited by Patco Lch
  • Upvote 1

Vic green

2 hours ago, sim4life said:

the flight sim community survey again confirmed what we all already knew and that is that the p3d community is dead in the water and that almost every single one of the developers we care about are long gone.

This is P3D forum, you might say it is dead in the water, but I am still P3D user and I will remain P3D user for the rest of my life. Because unlike you I do not care for photorealism, I care for accurate 3D models and just like Ray I am also waiting for the Concorde of FsLabs. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sim4life said:

you can deny it and jump on every one who express an opinion in here that is not "the right one".

I am simply stating that coming onto a thread about the future of P3D stating ‘that P3D is dead and has nothing left to offer’, doesn’t add anything to the discussion.  

You’ve made it clear that’s your viewpoint. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

I believe P3D needs to step up their visuals game with V6. I really do hope unreal engine 5 is the graphics engine for the next P3D version. 

What's the point of good graphics if the flight model is not good? 

I have several pleasing photo real sceneries for when I get the urge for some lite VFR fun. Heck, I have so many options with my P3DV5 install my choices are inexhaustible. My P3DV5 will not be dead until I am. Not at my humble house. 

By the way I have flown over and seen my house in both MSFS and P3D. Point is I can do most anything on P3D I want so that is the future for this old man.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Vic green

28 minutes ago, Patco Lch said:

I have several pleasing photo real sceneries for when I get the urge for some lite VFR fun.

I have all the True Earth regions, plus bunch of other regions, so I know what you mean. And my sim was praised for that. 

• Like 1