Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
remcosol

Future of p3d ?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Rogen said:

It will be interesting to hear what LM have to say.

I don't recall them saying anything interesting at the last expo. They're pretty much just as tight-lipped there as they are everywhere else. 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

I don't recall them saying anything interesting at the last expo. They're pretty much just as tight-lipped there as they are everywhere else. 

Maybe this time they'll be a little more open given they really do need to woo the hobbists because hobbist 3rd party purchases encourage devs to create content for P3D, which inturn means a greater pool of devs available to build for their platform be that for hobbist, commercial or military.

Cheers

 

  • Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Share this post


Link to post

My concern with LM attending the expo is how the anti-P3D crowd is going to react. Hope I'm all wrong. 

  • Upvote 2

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Share this post


Link to post

Anti-P3D ??
I don't think there are any antis to anything.
Everyone is free to choose the sim that suits them, right ?


Cordialement,
Jean-Marc.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-F, i9 13900K, 64 Go DDR5 Ram 4800 Mhz, RTX3090, 3 SSD M2 1TO, Alimentation Bequiet  1600 W, 2 Benq W1080ST

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, David Vega said:

My concern with LM attending the expo is how the anti-P3D crowd is going to react. Hope I'm all wrong. 

Unless they have something ground breaking, what would be the point in attending? 

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

Unless they have something ground breaking, what would be the point in attending? 

Yeah I'm inclined to agree. What are they going to achieve by attending unless they have announced (or attend to announce) something new? Would be a waste of their time to turn up to spruik P3D Version 5.3 that's been around since December 2021.....

  • Like 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/1/2023 at 9:59 AM, blaunarwal said:

In twenty years we will probably enjoy flying like in the past and not like it will actually be in 2043,

Whatever future brings us, it will most probably not be perfect.

 

In 20 years, my flying will (hopefully) be with Angel wings. Then there should be no need to worry about scenery or airports. Not sure if clouds have beacons, though.

  • Like 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Share this post


Link to post

The biggest disappointment for me in P3D is how, in the 5 versions we've had so far, LM never went ahead in adding some actual military features/functionalities.

Yes, I know they did the weapons stuff for their ultra expensive version, but to me that nothing more than an elaborated TacPack.

My wish was to see P3D evolve as a real successor to Falcon4, with a real multiplayer support, a real war electronic environment, a real dynamic campain (would be hard to make it as good as Falcon4 but something like the EF2000 one would have been a good start), and a real support for aircraft carrier ops and refuel ops. Instead, we just received a fancy re-branded FSX-Acceleration with nothing more excepted the avatar mode (which was great, by the way).

I know LM focuses on training so a dynamic campaign is not something they would ever implement, of course. But things like better carrier ops or aerial refuelling ? Why didn't they ever implement something like that in the base sim ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

Not sure if clouds have beacons, though

Beacons and strobes!

 

5 hours ago, Doug47 said:

Unless they have something ground breaking, what would be the point in attending? 

Agree with this. Why put time and money into attending an event where the competition is going to have a large presence, unless there's something genuinely worthy of demonstrating it in-person?

  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, F737MAX said:

Agree with this. Why put time and money into attending an event where the competition is going to have a large presence, unless there's something genuinely worthy of demonstrating it in-person?

I agree as well. But isn't that exactly what they did  at the last flightsim convention they attended before the world shutdown?  If I recall correctly, anytime someone asked a question about P3D the answer was "we can not elaborate" or "we can not go into any details".

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Kalnon
6 hours ago, Daube said:

The biggest disappointment for me in P3D is how, in the 5 versions we've had so far, LM never went ahead in adding some actual military features/functionalities.

Yes, I know they did the weapons stuff for their ultra expensive version, but to me that nothing more than an elaborated TacPack.

My wish was to see P3D evolve as a real successor to Falcon4, with a real multiplayer support, a real war electronic environment, a real dynamic campain (would be hard to make it as good as Falcon4 but something like the EF2000 one would have been a good start), and a real support for aircraft carrier ops and refuel ops. Instead, we just received a fancy re-branded FSX-Acceleration with nothing more excepted the avatar mode (which was great, by the way).

I know LM focuses on training so a dynamic campaign is not something they would ever implement, of course. But things like better carrier ops or aerial refuelling ? Why didn't they ever implement something like that in the base sim ?

 

You can always dream 😀

There's a lot of other things about P3Dv5 that disappoint me having gone from FSX straight to P3Dv5, I notice things like in the default GPS I still can't enter a flight plan on the flight plan page of the default Garmin, It's exactly the same as the FSX version and the flight planning tool is still really clunky and pain to use.  You think those would be basic features fixed or updated for a "modern" simulator.  I do really like using P3Dv5 but it still feels dated in some aspects.

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Kalnon said:

There's a lot of other things about P3Dv5 that disappoint me having gone from FSX straight to P3Dv5,

So…

  • DX9 to DX12
  • 32-bit to 64-bit
  • the whole world’s coastlines and ground textures improved out of all proportion 
  • road traffic fixed.
  • Atmospherics hugely improved
  • Assigning core functions to specific processors on your CPU resulting in far better performance

didn’t impress you? 😳

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...