Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
remcosol

Future of p3d ?

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

They've been "close" since I don't remember when, so I'd rather wait and see, because it might turn out that you would be the only customer on the P3D platform 😉 

🤣🤣 You clearly don’t appreciate how many people are waiting for that aircraft.

  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, G-YMML1 said:

the simple fact that currently there are no products in development intended for P3D platform

I seriously doubt that's "a fact"...

  • Upvote 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Kalnon

While MSFS is very pretty, it's really lacking in other areas and I personally don't care for it that much, it's more of a sim-cade experience.  I prefer more serious simulation experiences, that is all I will say about it.

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

I seriously doubt that's "a fact"...

Zero major sceneries, zero major planes.

Again...I'm not anti-P3D, I'm anti-illusionist 😉 and I do really miss FSL A3X series in P3D sometimes. As well I miss LevelD 767 in FS2004. However, you can't stop progress.  

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Kalnon said:

Ok I'll give the free trial a go.

This is the main EFB display for my DA-62 flight from Palm Springs to San Diego. EFB can store a configuration for most aircraft so it displays the aircraft data bottom right.

Upper and Lower routes can be switched on/off as can all other idents such as VORs, NDBs etc. Highly configurable. And it reads Active Sky weather for consistency.

It's on a 24" 2560*1440 display occupying just over half of the width with Little Navmap taking up the remainder.

DA62_EFB.jpg


Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

I'm anti-illusionist

What has David Copperfield ever done to you?

Speaking of Navigraph vs Aivlasoft etc, I have to decide whether to renew Navigraph and Foreflight. Oh, hang on, Navigraph already auto-renewed until 2024... so that's done 🙂 

I've used Foreflight on an iPad Pro in my simpit for a few years and it's really really useful, but it's very expensive as a real pro-pilot tool and using it just for simming is increasingly hard to justify. But I'd miss it if I couldn't use it. That said, I only have a Europe sub (which is still best part of £350) so when I fly elsewhere in the world I only get basic service, no charts. That's where Navigraph charts come in. I subbed to Navigraph for the nav data but the charts are super-handy especially as it's the only way to get global Jeppesen charts without spending BIG money - I don't think Jeppesen sells sim-only charts any other way so you have to buy the real thing and they are NOT CHEAP. Navigraph Charts app doesn't compete with Foreflight as an in-flight tool, though. 

I tried Aivlasoft, but it's PC based and that doesn't really work for me. I want something on the iPad, off my PC. I suppose I could use Spacedesk and run it as an extension of my PC display.

Foreflight renewal is due on Wednesday so I'll have to decide quickly...


Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Kalnon
18 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

This is the main EFB display for my DA-62 flight from Palm Springs to San Diego. EFB can store a configuration for most aircraft so it displays the aircraft data bottom right.

Upper and Lower routes can be switched on/off as can all other idents such as VORs, NDBs etc. Highly configurable. And it reads Active Sky weather for consistency.

It's on a 24" 2560*1440 display occupying just over half of the width with Little Navmap taking up the remainder.

Fascinating, I will definitely be trying the free trial for sure.  It looks like a very useful tool.  I'll probably install it later tonight or tomorrow and check it out.  Thanks again, I can't wait to check it out.

Edited by Kalnon
image removed from quote

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Kalnon
47 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Zero major sceneries, zero major planes.

Again...I'm not anti-P3D, I'm anti-illusionist 😉 and I do really miss FSL A3X series in P3D sometimes. As well I miss LevelD 767 in FS2004. However, you can't stop progress.  

There is some P3D development still going on from what I've seen however, as much as I like P3D, I do have to admit, the P3D development scene does seem pretty quiet compared to X-Plane or MSFS.  Seems like all the 3rd party flight simulation developers want to cash in on MSFS especially.  But as @Ray Proudfoot mentioned, there is already a huge selection of great add-ons, both planes, scenery and other types that exist for it so it's not like there's nothing out there to choose from.

Share this post


Link to post

I use Aivlasoft on a tablet in my Home cockpit.
Aivlasoft is installed on my office PC which is networked and I view it on my tablet via Splashtop.


Cordialement,
Jean-Marc.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-F, i9 13900K, 64 Go DDR5 Ram 4800 Mhz, RTX3090, 3 SSD M2 1TO, Alimentation Bequiet  1600 W, 2 Benq W1080ST

Share this post


Link to post

EFB integrates with Topcat if you have that app to provide you with landing and takeoff performance data. Great to get a flex temp.


Vic green

Share this post


Link to post

Navigraph no longer offers the FMS data only subscription. To resubscribe the Unlimited with charts and nav data is the only subscription available. I like to update my AIRAC monthly but after several times using the Navigraph charts always revert back to EFB. I guess I'll just hit the monthly subscription a couple times during the year to update nav data. I used to keep a yearly subscription for the Nav data and update monthly.

Edited by Patco Lch

Vic green

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Patco Lch said:

Navigraph no longer offers the FMS data only subscription. To resubscribe the Unlimited with charts and nav data is the only subscription available.

You still have the option to purchase the FMS Data option. For confirmation of that see this post from Stephen at Navigraph. Login and then look at your options. If you don’t see the FMS data option write to them and point to Stephen’s post.

I don’t know why they’re being so awkward about this. Unbelievable from such an organisation. 🤨

  • Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Kalnon said:

There is some P3D development still going on from what I've seen however, as much as I like P3D, I do have to admit, the P3D development scene does seem pretty quiet compared to X-Plane or MSFS.  Seems like all the 3rd party flight simulation developers want to cash in on MSFS especially.  But as @Ray Proudfoot mentioned, there is already a huge selection of great add-ons, both planes, scenery and other types that exist for it so it's not like there's nothing out there to choose from.

There is actually something to be said for a stable system with only minor development updates. I used Flight Unlimited 3 (and the Flight Unlimited 2 San Francisco scenery) for eight years between late 1999 and 2008, and although I would have liked a scenery expansion, it did not stop me from enjoying my flights. I am now in a similar position with Flight Unlimited Great Britain and Netherlands in P3Dv4.5HF2 (which I have been using since October 2018), and I do not feel the urge to "upgrade" to a new simulator that (despite its obvious good looks) is constantly in a state of flux with forced updates, a few quirky graphical issues (photogrammetry apocalypse/solid bridges/volcanic ash clouds etc), and (apparently) occasional connection problems.

In short......until I need to upgrade, I am quite happy to stay where I am :smile:

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, neilhewitt said:

What has David Copperfield ever done to you?

Speaking of Navigraph vs Aivlasoft etc, I have to decide whether to renew Navigraph and Foreflight. Oh, hang on, Navigraph already auto-renewed until 2024... so that's done 🙂 

I've used Foreflight on an iPad Pro in my simpit for a few years and it's really really useful, but it's very expensive as a real pro-pilot tool and using it just for simming is increasingly hard to justify. But I'd miss it if I couldn't use it. That said, I only have a Europe sub (which is still best part of £350) so when I fly elsewhere in the world I only get basic service, no charts. That's where Navigraph charts come in. I subbed to Navigraph for the nav data but the charts are super-handy especially as it's the only way to get global Jeppesen charts without spending BIG money - I don't think Jeppesen sells sim-only charts any other way so you have to buy the real thing and they are NOT CHEAP. Navigraph Charts app doesn't compete with Foreflight as an in-flight tool, though. 

I tried Aivlasoft, but it's PC based and that doesn't really work for me. I want something on the iPad, off my PC. I suppose I could use Spacedesk and run it as an extension of my PC display.

Foreflight renewal is due on Wednesday so I'll have to decide quickly...

I go through the same mental torture every year.
After sufficient self-abuse, I always renew. 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...