Sign in to follow this  
remcosol

Future of p3d ?

7 hours ago, Sparkrite said:

All very well and good..............But what about the remaining 5% ? 😆😆

Let us speculate on what part of the speculation was not actually speculation! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chapstick said:

What Robert said was accurate. People are speculating. And he's under LM's NDA. I doubt Ray is. 

No one under an NDA can say anything. I’m basing my view on the briefly visible v6 Beta login screen posted here a few months ago and screenshots of installers showing a v6 option.

I’m not under an NDA. 😉

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

V6 exists.

V6 is not going to be revolutionary.

• Upvote 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

No one under an NDA can say anything.

Not getting into an argument, but you can say whatever you like whether you’re under a NDA or not.

You might lose your rights to have some free software to test, buy etc etc etc if you disclose information, but that’s up to the developer to figure out and deal with. 

So information probably has already been disclosed somewhere…even here…as there’s always someone who breaks it.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

Not getting into an argument, but you can say whatever you like whether you’re under a NDA or not.

You might lose your rights to have some free software to test, buy etc etc etc if you disclose information, but that’s up to the developer to figure out and deal with. 

I've been a beta tester for various things over the last 20 years. I've always respected the wishes of the developer / company and not divulged anything I shouldn't. I can't speak for others but I magine if you did break it you'd not be invited to beta test again and your name would be mud.

What do people hope to gain by doing it? Five minutes of fame? Good grief! 😏

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

16 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I've been a beta tester for various things over the last 20 years. I've always respected the wishes of the developer / company and not divulged anything I shouldn't. I can't speak for others but I magine if you did break it you'd not be invited to beta test again and your name would be mud.

What do people hope to gain by doing it? Five minutes of fame? Good grief! 😏

Yep, not much to gain. There’s always one though…

I just can’t see any major - MSFS style scenery - update coming any time soon WITHOUT some word getting out. 

LM would need to recruit a large team if they were planning on doing anything revolutionary. I’ve seen no evidence that that has happened. Someone mentioned recently that Asozbo has 280 people working on MSFS. That’s not Prepar3d’s reality.

I’ve been an enthusiastic user of P3D since the day v1 came out. Yes, back when the only real way to access it was a monthly developer subscription. I gave up the NGX and a bunch of other cool addons so I could focus on P3D, because I loved the idea of someone converting FSX into a professional simulation platform. 

What I’ve observed over the subsequent years has certainly been evolutionary changes rather than revolutionary. I’m struggling to think of a change that was, in fact, revolutionary - perhaps the Truesky beta would fall into that category, despite its many issues. The first iteration of native VR might also count in that regard 

Maybe this time they’ll bring out something revolutionary? I’ll be really surprised if they do, but it would be fantastic seeing some migration back to the platform if LM do, in fact, have some surprises in store for us. 🙂

• Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Any guesses if will see new or updated scenery for P3Dv5/v6? I know there is already a large collection but many airports are now outdated and many are still missing. I think the last descent release was El Paso by SXAD. I checked SimMarket and MSFS2020 and XPlane seem to be the latest releases. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

2 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Any guesses if will see new or updated scenery for P3Dv5/v6? I know there is already a large collection but many airports are now outdated and many are still missing. I think the last descent release was El Paso by SXAD. I checked SimMarket and MSFS2020 and XPlane seem to be the latest releases. 

Probably not. All the developers that I follow have either moved on from Prepar3d, or put things on hold.

When MSFS was announced in June 2019, there were a lot of posters here who said that they’d never buy a Prepar3d airport again. 

This approach pretty quickly killed the viability of P3D for addon devs.

It’s hard to see the momentum towards MSFS changing. There was a bit of flow back this way in 2020-2021 when people realised MSFS was a beta with no good airliners, but those drivers don’t really apply any more.

It all comes down to what P3D v6 delivers of course. I don’t think it’ll entice devs back, but it would be brilliant if it did.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Those who migrated or have stopped using P3D no longer come back.

Edited by Juliet Alpha

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

A sim is a sim, not the reality. Whatever sim we fly, we will have differences to the real thing.

In twenty years we will probably enjoy flying like in the past and not like it will actually be in 2043, when pilots will be completely replaced by computers. Then airliner or combat flying is obviously no longer something to simulate. Maybe it takes 20 years more but then I will be dead anyway.

If the developers move on and we stay with an old sim, then we should start modifying it ourselves. It is not impossible to change runway numbers, but one should try to do it and not just remain to be a consumer. I can't fix all sceneries of the world on my own, but as a community, we could do a lot more.

Over at Simouthouse is a Combat Flight Simulator community just doing this. Every month you get there new content for this old sim, that was first published in 1998.

Whatever future brings us, it will most probably not be perfect.

Dan

Edited by blaunarwal
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

LM is confirmed to be presenting and doing a Q and A at fsexpo coming in June now.  They just released the schedule.  It's the product lead for p3d. Discussing the current and future plans.  Should be good.

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

16 minutes ago, jlohrenz said:

LM is confirmed to be presenting and doing a Q and A at fsexpo coming in June now.  They just released the schedule.  It's the product lead for p3d. Discussing the current and future plans.  Should be good.

It is interesting to me that LM is going to be at the expo.  We’ve always heard they have little interest in our hobby, yet they are taking time to go to the exp.  So apparently they do see some value in us or they wouldn’t bother wasting their time/money on the expo. 

• Upvote 1

Orman

3 hours ago, okupton said:

It is interesting to me that LM is going to be at the expo.  We’ve always heard they have little interest in our hobby, yet they are taking time to go to the exp.  So apparently they do see some value in us or they wouldn’t bother wasting their time/money on the expo. 

When it comes to commercial use sims MSFS is not where it's at.

But yes hobbists should be considered important, if anything they are a pool of beta testers providing feedback on various forums.

It will be interesting to hear what LM have to say.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D