Sign in to follow this  
remcosol

Future of p3d ?

On 4/10/2023 at 2:49 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

The human eye and brain is very good at filtering out the bluish haze when viewing the ground from altitude. But film isn’t, even with UV filters. I was always disappointed with shots taken from an aircraft at cruise. Too blue! That’s how I see P3D with EA on.

Ray...Is that with P3d v5.3, or P3d v4.5?

10 minutes ago, spilok said:

Ray...Is that with P3d v5.3, or P3d v4.5?

5.3HF2. I don’t have v4.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 4/10/2023 at 10:29 PM, Garys said:

I use the same settings as well. My only gripe with EA on is that there is too much light scattering or haze close to the aircraft. to me It looks like I"m looking down on a constant layer of very light fog. If anyone knows how push that out so that the first 10-20 miles is clear and then gradually increases into the distance let me know.

I also like to use EA on during daytime because it gives me a natural, blueish haze (that comes closest to the pictures I posted) with a warm glow from the sun. The color of the sky looks also quite realistic. Could you post a picture that shows the constant layer of very light fog, so that I can compare and see if a solution can be found?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

5.3HF2. I don’t have v4.

Great.  For some reason, I thought you were using 4.5 because of the Concord experience you were looking for. 

21 minutes ago, spilok said:

Great.  For some reason, I thought you were using 4.5 because of the Concord experience you were looking for. 

Concorde isn't available (yet) on 64 bit platforms, hence it can't be beyond version 3.

I just stopped by Lockheed Martin’s office in my hometown and politely asked for some information on v6.  They told me to take a hike.

Orman

23 minutes ago, okupton said:

I just stopped by Lockheed Martin’s office in my hometown and politely asked for some information on v6.  They told me to take a hike.

We should be patient. I live on the other side of the world and I am patiently waiting. Because great things comes to those who wait. 

Is it classified? Go to your local high school and find some Junior ROTC kid  and ask him. State of national security these days but I digress.

• Like 3

Vic green

4 hours ago, Patco Lch said:

Is it classified? Go to your local high school and find some Junior ROTC kid  and ask him. State of national security these days but I digress.

Rather not. You really don't want a convoy of black Chevy Suburbans coming down your road.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

1 hour ago, IanHarrison said:

Black Chevy Suburban

Fun to tear around an airport in 😁

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

35 minutes ago, btacon said:

One word. Grim.

What do you mean by that.......?

1 hour ago, PavlinS said:

What do you mean by that.......?

I believe he's actually responding to the prompt of the thread as opposed to sharing screenshots of a Chevy Suburban. 🙃

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, chapstick said:

I believe he's actually responding to the prompt of the thread as opposed to sharing screenshots of a Chevy Suburban. 🙃

In case you don't have U.S. TV shows where you are, Chevy Suburbans are used by the FBI. And usually are seen in convoys of three or four.

• Upvote 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

18 hours ago, chapstick said:

Indeed I was

• Like 1