Sign in to follow this  
remcosol

Future of p3d ?

16 hours ago, PavlinS said:

I am Prepar3D user and I will remain Prepar3D user for rest of my life.

I get it. It's a hobby. Tweaking and developing can be fun. 

I'm a p3d too but some get more sensitive than others unfortunately. There is a reason a certain someone got banned yesterday over at FSDeveloper. Anyway, I agree with others that v6 wont see light of day until at least sometime around FSExpo. Looking forward to June.

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

1 hour ago, ywg256 said:

There is a reason a certain someone got banned yesterday over at FSDeveloper.

It was me. But I think I caused it, because I shared negative opinion about the need to have 3 NZ sceneries for P3D when clearly whole Asia sits and does not have a single terrain scenery for it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

That just means that you can corner the market, which will increase the chances that all seven remaining P3D users will buy your product :wink::tongue:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

He's not wrong....Like you I am a P3D loyalist but you have to face the facts that the user base is tiny compared to msfs. It's pure facts....this is what got you into trouble over on FSD.

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

Not sure about the „Chicago“ reference, so keep it nice and clean folks 🍻!

• Upvote 1

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

11 minutes ago, Peter Z KCLE_EDDN said:

Chicago

It's Drag race reference. 

Also, I am aware, that P3D user base is smaller. But this I do more for myself than to make money out of it. I mean, I have World trip 2023 this year, waiting on piece of parts for my pc and then I am going to produce 30 flights with my sim. So, I am doing this, first, because of myself, second, because we can not be sure is v6 won't bring back users. 

Stop comparing your sim with ours, this is Prepar3D forum, stop shoving your FS2020 into our faces. I say this for I don't know which time already, this is not supposed to happen. 

Edited by PavlinS
  • Upvote 1

He didn't mean literally...You will probably get quite a few folks using your Asia stuff once you get things released. In fact frankly you can probably include myself of those that will buy/donate whatever you release...I am pretty sure he uses v4 like yourself for what it's worth.

It was meant to be a light hearted comment, Pavlin. I apologise if it offended you. Like ywg256 indicated, I use P3Dv4.5HF2 exclusively.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Keep it up guys let`s get to a thousand before V6 is released.                  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 hours ago, ywg256 said:

We tried to explain but all you did was call us a bunch of german richie rich and worse.

It's hard for us to judge this argument. Can you provide a link to the discussion on your forum please? That allows us to see what was said by whom and to make a judgement on how best to handle this. I don't want the topic locking because of an argument between two members.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, PavlinS said:

Do you guys realize how much time and effort I put the last two weeks to start develop scenery?

The sad fact is that most people just don't care.  There are some who appreciate the work of freeware developers - I've even gotten some emails from a few folks - but most don't care and wouldn't pay you even a couple dollars for something that took you 50 hours to make.

1 hour ago, PavlinS said:

That blunt neglect of Asia in our sim is from decade. Even more than a decade.

ORBX broke their promise to finish Asia landclass and was totally unapologetic about it.  Shame on them for hyping the product and getting many people's hopes up for nothing.  It's all about the money with them.

Anyway, you should try to get back on the FSDeveloper forum and forge ahead with your work and not care what other people think.

Dave

• Upvote 3

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

12 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

ORBX broke their promise to finish Asia landclass and was totally unapologetic about it.  Shame on them for hyping the product and getting many people's hopes up for nothing.  It's all about the money with them.

Orbx's landclass developer is in Ukraine, as has been posted on their forums many many times.
I would guess that flight simulator users' money is far, far away from his mind at the moment.

Edited by Reader
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Reader said:

Orbx's landclass developer is in Ukraine, as has been posted on their forums many many times.

That is a cop out on ORBX's part IMO.  It is ridiculous to believe that only a single man in all the world is capable of making landclass for Asia.  They could have paid out his contract for the work already done and then completed it themselves either in house or contracting with someone else to finish it.

The developer's situation is sad and we all feel bad for him, but ORBX just uses this as an excuse to end work on the project, which is what the execs at ORBX wanted all along.  There wasn't enough profit in it for them.

Disclaimer: this is my personal opinion and I have no facts or inside knowledge to back it up.  Pure speculation, but I'm betting that many agree with me.

Dave

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

27 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It's hard for us to judge this argument. Can you provide a link to the discussion on your forum please? That allows us to see what was said by whom and to make a judgement on how best to handle this. I don't want the topic locking because of an argument between two members.

They can't provide you with link, because the thread was 3 pages and now it is 1 page, containing only the initial developer responses and one other comment. Everything else was removed, including my first response, which was totally respectful, I was just pointing out that ORBX already have two region sceneries for NZ and this to me is kinda pointless. That was obviously not liked opinion from everyone there and 3 Germans plus one Canadian decided to start an argument, that all the sceneries I quoted, which are regions from ORBX, for example Australia V2 and Germany North and South are not entirely landclass was made into a major argument, in which people called me first upset, then immature and finally a clown. Then the moderator came and I was the only one banned from the forum, never mind that all the rest of them used all sorts of insults towards me for 3 pages of content that was removed. 

And if this is a reason enough for you to ban me from this forum as well I will be very depressed, because two bans for me without me doing anything that major to deserve them is more than what I can handle. 

25 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

Anyway, you should try to get back on the FSDeveloper forum and forge ahead with your work and not care what other people think.

I can't go back there, unfortunately even with another email and second registration my registration was denied and I was banned again. So, unfortunately this means that I am on my own to solve the problem with the autogen. Otherwise I can just neglect the subject and rely on default scenery for Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, Japan and Doha, Qatar for the world trip. I am sorry for the inconvenience, but this subject is not supposed to be discussed here.