Sign in to follow this  
Keirtt

ChasePlane coming to MSFS? Official statement incoming?

The only thing you can't do in the MSFS camera system are key assignable wing views.  You have to edit the camera.cfg file first.  Presumably, with Chase Plane you'd be able to do this like you did in P3D.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Not sure what you mean by "key assignable wing views" but setting up custom wing views that you can map to controller buttons is a simple process with minimal camera.cfg editing.  It is a topic that is well covered on YT.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

2 minutes ago, brucewtb said:

Not sure what you mean by "key assignable wing views" but setting up custom wing views that you can map to controller buttons is a simple process with minimal camera.cfg editing.  It is a topic that is well covered on YT.

Bruce

Yes, that's what I've done now.  Key assignable (call it whatever you want) is when you get that view set up you can then assign it to a key or joystick switch.  I have my wingviews set to a switch on the throttle.

With Chase plane you don't need to edit the camera file.  I'm hoping that ASOBO fixes that in their next iteration of the camera system.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

4 hours ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

The only thing you can't do in the MSFS camera system are key assignable wing views.  You have to edit the camera.cfg file first.  Presumably, with Chase Plane you'd be able to do this like you did in P3D.

Modders have taken care of this a long time ago. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MUC1 said:

10 per aircraft? If not, 10 is not much, I need 8 for the 737 alone  (Captain / Captain-Overhead / Captain-TQ / Captain Pedestal  / FO / FO-Overhead / FO-TQ / FO-Pedestal). The FO views are relevant for my training.

Yes, 10 custom cameras per aircraft. I never ran out of cameras so far …

Felix

10 minutes ago, Flyfox said:

Yes, 10 custom cameras per aircraft. I never ran out of cameras so far …

ok, then I do not need CP for my needs in MSFS....

ugcx_banner.png

The lack of chaseplane is the no1 thing that‘s keeping me away from MSFS so I’m really looking forward to an announcement. I do not think that the MSFS system is the same as chaseplane, I have huge troubles with views getting somehow unintentionally modified or suddebly not returning to the previously set position etc. plus the fact that hitting a preset view key twice will get you out of that view back to some stupid standard view etc etc.  External views are tilting while moving and not centered on the a/c and so on. I find the view system in MSFS so incredibly hard to handle, it’s really a pain. For others it seems to works out somehow but I just want my straight forward chaseplane in MSFS.