Sign in to follow this  
Keirtt

ChasePlane coming to MSFS? Official statement incoming?

Sorry. Too little too late. Not needed. The default camera system - once you get the hang of it - works well. Got all the views I need.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Sethos said:

Chaseplane is also much, much more comfortable and straight forward to use, besides all the additional options. Slogging through MSFS's own awful menus and systems is a headache at times. I absolutely welcome it.

Huh? In MSFS you hit the alt +1,2,3,4 etc key. I mean, how more straightforward can this get?

25 minutes ago, Flyfox said:

I use the MSFS cockpit cameras as shown in the video above. There is really no urgent need for Chaseplane. In addition, I don‘t even need to press buttons for the different cameras, because I use Voice Attack and call the cameras by voice command (i.e. Pilot‘s View, CDU, Overhead Panel etc.). In VR mode (which I exclusively use) voice commands are even more convenient.

Ah ok. Is my understanding correct, that I can save a couple of views in the cockpit (position, angle, zoom etc) and call them by pressen a key? 😮 If that's the case the only advantage of CP for my needs is that I can control how fast the camera is moving to each preset.

Edited by MUC1

ugcx_banner.png

Just now, Ricardo41 said:

Huh? In MSFS you hit the alt +1,2,3,4 etc key. I mean, how more straightforward can this get?

Almost like there's more to Chaseplane than one simple view keybind.

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Almost like there's more to Chaseplane than one simple view keybind.

I used Chaseplane extensively in P3D, so I know exactly what it does. Not missing it in MSFS 2020

20 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I used Chaseplane extensively in P3D, so I know exactly what it does. Not missing it in MSFS 2020

Glad default works out for you but I just find it infuriatingly bad. Hate working with the default UI, rebinding anything is an absolutely pain in the butt and I often have to press my keybinds repeatedly to work it into position. It's terrible. Besides, Chaseplane also offers headshakes and movement, cinematic views, MUCH easier rebind access, community presets to quickly populate a list and you can visually see what you've bound, like I can remember 15 different keybinds for each plane in my head... you can control speed of each individual views, speed of transition, even down to the inertia of camera movement. Chaseplane is far, far superior (In its full working form at least) and I'll happily pay to have it back. The default system is a poor substitute in my opinion.

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

4 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Glad default works out for you but I just find it infuriatingly bad. Hate working with the default UI, rebinding anything is an absolutely pain in the butt and I often have to press my keybinds repeatedly to work it into position. It's terrible. Besides, Chaseplane also offers headshakes and movement, cinematic views, MUCH easier rebind access, community presets to quickly populate a list and you can visually see what you've bound, you can control speed of each individual views, speed of transition, even down to the inertia of camera movement. Chaseplane is far, far superior (In its full working form at least) and I'll happily pay to have it back. The default system is a poor substitute in my opinion.

And EZdok had chase plane beat by a mile for head shaking and motion. That being said, if you just want view switches, spend a few minutes and learn the default views and how to set them, and it works pretty well. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

55 minutes ago, MUC1 said:

Ah ok. Is my understanding correct, that I can save a couple of views in the cockpit (position, angle, zoom etc) and call them by pressen a key? 😮 If that's the case the only advantage of CP for my needs is that I can control how fast the camera is moving to each preset.

You can save 10 different cameras, which I also do by voice command. This is incredibly convenient, as I can define/adjust and call the cameras without touching a single button.

Yes, adjusting the speed of the camera movement is indeed not (yet) possible. Let‘s hope Asobo will include this feature in future!

Felix

I say if you're happy with the default camera system, good for you. Some of us prefer to have options, just like scenery. I look forward to ChasePlane as my home cockpit is more user friendly using it then the default MSFS2020 system. My flight controls and TKL keyboard are more configurable in CP as I can use the same keys for changing views. So I say, more is better. Something for everyone. 

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

15 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

You can pretty much do the Chaseplane-type views already and it's built into MSFS which means it's free.

I had the same thought.  I found chaseplane indispensable in P3D to save camera views per aircraft but at least for what I used it for, MSFS does it out of the box and in my experience does it in a more simple fashion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, Flyfox said:

You can save 10 different cameras, which I also do by voice command. This is incredibly convenient, as I can define/adjust and call the cameras without touching a single button.

10 per aircraft? If not, 10 is not much, I need 8 for the 737 alone  (Captain / Captain-Overhead / Captain-TQ / Captain Pedestal  / FO / FO-Overhead / FO-TQ / FO-Pedestal). The FO views are relevant for my training.

ugcx_banner.png

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I was missing it for months.  But the default camera system is pretty good, as I figured out 2 weeks ago.   Unless CP comes packed with some additional features, I might give it a miss this time.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, MUC1 said:

10 per aircraft? If not, 10 is not much, I need 8 for the 737 alone  (Captain / Captain-Overhead / Captain-TQ / Captain Pedestal  / FO / FO-Overhead / FO-TQ / FO-Pedestal). The FO views are relevant for my training.

This is it for me.  In some aircraft in P3D I have 25+ views, that can all be assigned key-binds or you can cycle through multiple views with a single keybind.  If CP has this kind of functionality for MSFS, I'm picking it up day-one, and a cinematic view comparable to what it was in P3D would be a great plus.

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

Isn't there already head movement in MSFS? It's not static, that's for sure. 

But it would be nice to adjust it.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Personally I am looking forward to EZdok making an announcement. Have to agree with others here though, the built in camera system is pretty good.  

Edited by rocketlaunch
  • Like 1

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti