Sign in to follow this  
Keirtt

ChasePlane coming to MSFS? Official statement incoming?

Received this from Parallel42 in my email today. Was reading through it and came across this little gem. Would be great to see ChasePlane make its way to MSFS and looking forward to this official announcement. 

spacer.png

Edited by Keirtt
  • Like 1

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

Think that was always the plan but the problem is the SDK, which doesn't allow developers for much or any camera manipulation. So it's just a matter of Asobo getting the SDK knocked into shape, then we'll get a Chaseplane.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 minute ago, Sethos said:

Think that was always the plan but the problem is the SDK, which doesn't allow developers for much or any camera manipulation. So it's just a matter of Asobo getting the SDK knocked into shape, then we'll get a Chaseplane.

I agree, but it's exciting to see something that talks about an official statement. Maybe it means we are closer than we thought?

Edited by Keirtt

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

1 minute ago, Keirtt said:

I agree, but it's exciting to see something that talks about an official statement. Maybe it means we are closer than we thought?

Oh absolutely. I assume the developers are beta testing and helping shape the SDK, so they may be working directly with Asobo and know there's SDK camera features coming. Crossing our fingers!

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I never used ChasePlane, only EZdok. Does chaseplane do replays of landings etc? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I got that email too, and the news about ChasePlane are exciting. It was a must have utility for me when using P3D time ago.

• Like 4

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

You can pretty much do the Chaseplane-type views already and it's built into MSFS which means it's free.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

8 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

You can pretty much do the Chaseplane-type views already and it's built into MSFS which means it's free.

I agree - at least for custom camera views I have been able to  replicate my P3D EZdok  setup in MSFS2020 even using the same controller buttons.  Any payware addon of the Chaseplane EZdok variety would have to offer a lot more than just camera views eg the head movement and turbulence effects of EZdok.

• Like 3

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

2 minutes ago, brucewtb said:

Any payware addon of the Chaseplane EZdok variety would have to offer a lot more than just camera views eg the head movement and turbulence effects of EZdok.

Chaseplane has head movement/turb effects, just like EZdok.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

The thing I miss with MSFS is Chaseplane's cinematic camera. After a configurable time in external view or just at a button press, you'd have these really nice views. I miss that.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I know that both Chaseplane and Ezdok have turbulence effects (although some would argue that Ezdok's rendition is markedly better) and should have added "or Chaseplane".

Bruce

Edited by brucewtb
response to other post

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Chaseplane is also much, much more comfortable and straight forward to use, besides all the additional options. Slogging through MSFS's own awful menus and systems is a headache at times. I absolutely welcome it.

• Like 5

Once you have custom views setup with controller button mappings you don't need the MSFS Menus.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

ChasePlane is a must for MSFS 2020. I use it for my PMDG-737 in P3D. I set different panel-views to my 10 button mouse. It would be nearly impossible to fly the PMDG without these presets (using Heat-Switch is a no-go at Takeoff or Landing procedures). I'll maybe try MSFS 2020 until CasePlane is working.

• Upvote 1

ugcx_banner.png

3 hours ago, MUC1 said:

ChasePlane is a must for MSFS 2020. I use it for my PMDG-737 in P3D. I set different panel-views to my 10 button mouse. It would be nearly impossible to fly the PMDG without these presets (using Heat-Switch is a no-go at Takeoff or Landing procedures). I'll maybe try MSFS 2020 until CasePlane is working.

I use the MSFS cockpit cameras as shown in the video above. There is really no urgent need for Chaseplane. In addition, I don‘t even need to press buttons for the different cameras, because I use Voice Attack and call the cameras by voice command (i.e. Pilot‘s View, CDU, Overhead Panel etc.). In VR mode (which I exclusively use) voice commands are even more convenient.

Edited by Flyfox

Felix