Sign in to follow this  
JETPETER2

FS Realistic is out greatest addon to FS2020 YET

Incredible addon just as grand as it was for X-Plane.... so customizable, works fabulous on airliners ...adds in all the sounds Asobo "forgot"... ie, reverer roar that changes with engine power, wind, flap levers, touchdown shake and rattles, runway thumps etc... just absolutely the best, works easy, no performance hit and is just so darn good..... congratulations to the team at FSRealistic ....

• Like 8

Does it have camera shake or is it mostly about sounds?

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

20 minutes ago, Silicus said:

Does it have camera shake or is it mostly about sounds?

Camera does shake, when throttling up for example.  When the SDK opens up a bit more, there will be more head movements.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Maybe I just watched a weird part of the videos on their site...but I don't find stalls to be anything like their YT vids.  There's no massive rush of air or shaking like the wings are about to fall off.  Even in the Piper Arrow where the nose drop is more aggressive (or a cessna)...  it just drops your nose and you apply power and climb out.  Additionally...about sounds....  most pilots flying anything above a light trainer single are using ANR headphones... so you're just not hearing many sounds at all.

I don't think this is the product for me lol.

• Like 10

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

They have a demo version on their side!

I tried it, I like it, I bought it 😀.

I have used it for a couple of flights. Afterwards I turned it off for comparison. I immediately turned it on again - without some thing is just missing. They did a good job!

Happy Landings

• Like 2

i7-10700k - MSI RTX 2080ti - LG OLEDC2

3 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Additionally...about sounds....  most pilots flying anything above a light trainer single are using ANR headphones... so you're just not hearing many sounds at all.

I understand what you’re saying, however this is just a game. Sounds help create immersion. Whether they are realistic or not, doesn’t matter. 99% of people will never know that. 

• Like 3

I don't care about absolute realism, the immersion is the most important aspect for me also, this is a keeper for sure.

• Like 3

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

4 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Additionally...about sounds....  most pilots flying anything above a light trainer single are using ANR headphones... so you're just not hearing many sounds at all.

I don't know if you use ANR headsets in real life, but what you mention seems like a common misconception. They actually help you hear more as well. They filter out constant noise for sure, so part of the steady drone of engines for example. But they leave most other non-constant sounds untouched, and they stand out more due to the suppressed engine drone. 

On my type I can hear the rear-mounted engine spool up, the oven in the forward galley kick on, changes in airflow coming from the packs, the whistle of ice on parts of the airframe and all kinds of rumbles and such. Things that would otherwise get lost in the droning of the constant noise.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Camera does shake, when throttling up for example.  When the SDK opens up a bit more, there will be more head movements.

Does anyone know when the SDK allows the camera vibration? I think that generate a lot more interest in this product.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

For the ones that have tried it, it seems that after installation is not run from within the sim, but as a separate app. Is that correct?.

Do you have to start it separately for each sim session?. Does it use simconnect?.

Thanks!

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

With the option in the settings, the program starts automatically with the simulator.

• Like 1

i7-10700k - MSI RTX 2080ti - LG OLEDC2

57 minutes ago, AviatorMan said:

Does anyone know when the SDK allows the camera vibration? I think that generate a lot more interest in this product.

The camera vibrates now (on start up and touch down etc.), but it seems to be the bigger movements they can't do effectively yet. 

MSFS already has subtle head movement anyway, but some people don't notice it.   

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Here you go.

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, edpatino said:

For the ones that have tried it, it seems that after installation is not run from within the sim, but as a separate app. Is that correct?.

Do you have to start it separately for each sim session?. Does it use simconnect?.

Thanks!

If you set it in preferences, it will start automatically.

The only thing I don't like is the looped ground roll sound.

37 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Here you go.

Interesting video, but I attach a youtube video of a PA28 engine startpup. He starts engine about 50 seconds in to video. Note the vibrations of the cabin and camera view - much more pronounced than in FSRealistic

• Like 1

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049